don’t @ me

JD's big issue this year is what about Sam. Is he the goods or not? I don't see him spending any of his precious draft capital until he decides if Sam is his guy or not. He will always say the Jets are trying to win every game but that does not mean they are all in. Just BS to keep the crowd quiet.

4 hours ago, Jethead said:

JD's big issue this year is what about Sam. Is he the goods or not? I don't see him spending any of his precious draft capital until he decides if Sam is his guy or not. He will always say the Jets are trying to win every game but that does not mean they are all in. Just BS to keep the crowd quiet.

Ah.  So you were in the "It's all about building around Sam" crowd, while simultaneously screaming that Jamal should get $18-20M per year from the Jets.

A # 11 overall and 2nd round pick spent on a LT and WR is significant draft capital to build around Sam.  Just because Douglas doesn't sign every shiny free agent that comes along, nor ships off draft capital to acquire a WR that another team doesn't want, doesn't mean Douglas isn't trying to win in the short term.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ah.  So you were in the "It's all about building around Sam" crowd, while simultaneously screaming that Jamal should get $18-20M per year from the Jets.

A # 11 overall and 2nd round pick spent on a LT and WR is significant draft capital to build around Sam.  Just because Douglas doesn't sign every shiny free agent that comes along, nor ships off draft capital to acquire a WR that another team doesn't want, doesn't mean Douglas isn't trying to win in the short term.

Douglas has no equity in Sam. He can move on with a completely free pass. I don't trust a word any member of Jets management utters. We'll just have to wait and see...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jethead said:

Douglas has no equity in Sam. He can move on with a completely free pass. I don't trust a word any member of Jets management utters. We'll just have to wait and see...

That's how it should be.  The days of GM's telegraphing their decisions needed to end.  I like the unpredictability.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, slats said:

The cap could drop as low as $175M next year, Pittsburgh right now is hovering around $190M with nothing but painful options to clear space (Big Ben alone will count $41M, with $22M in dead money if cut). They could be in a position of dealing from weakness. I don't see Joe D sending major draft capital anyone's way, but I'm sure he'll be very open to any bargain he finds - especially if it helps him find out more about Sam. 

A 3 next year for Juju is a steal. Still have two #1s, and 7 more picks & your offensive weapons are set. Do that, keep building the Oline & get some pass rushers in here!