The Rock Buys XFL

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They should turn it into a bar league where they go find 22 washed up, unemployed drunks from, like, Philly and Queens, fly them out to Wyoming for three weeks, and have a bunch of retired NFL coaches try to make two football teams out of them. At the end, the two teams play each other and the winners get a lifetime supply of Teremana tequila. I’d watch the sh*t out of that. 

Makes me think about a possible remake of The Best Of Times.   But Hollywood's idea of washed up drunks would be Mark Wahlberg and Channing Tatum with a two day beard growth.

14 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Makes me think about a possible remake of The Best Of Times.   But Hollywood's idea of washed up drunks would be Mark Wahlberg and Channing Tatum with a two day beard growth.

I love it when Hollywood casts dudes with six pack abs as long-term alcoholics. Alcoholics don’t have abs. Cokeheads and  meth addicts have abs. Drunks consume way too many carbs and sugars. Bradley Cooper in A Star Is Born was an embarrassment

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I love it when Hollywood casts dudes with six pack abs as long-term alcoholics. Alcoholics don’t have abs. Cokeheads and  meth addicts have abs. Drunks consume way too many carbs and sugars. Bradley Cooper is A Star Is Born was an embarrassment

Imagine how much talent an XFL could bring in if it just had a no suspension policy.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I love it when Hollywood casts dudes with six pack abs as long-term alcoholics. Alcoholics don’t have abs. Cokeheads and  meth addicts have abs. Drunks consume way too many carbs and sugars. Bradley Cooper in A Star Is Born was an embarrassment

Yeah.  Drunks put on a sh*t ton of weight and lose a lot of facial definition from the hormone cortisol released due to the stress drinking puts on the body.  Hell.  They at least acknowledge that in old films about alchies like Cat On A Hot Tin Roof.  Whereas Bradley Cooper has a chin line so sharp you could break open a coconut on it. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Ew - I know the rock has plenty of money to spare but alternative football leagues seem like such a waste of time to me

Not if someone figures out how to do it properly and create a quality product.  The NFL desperately needs a competent Minor League of sorts, and they have ever since NFL Europe closed up shop.  The AAF was clearly a failure but the XFL will be worth a go as many times as they want to try. 

It's all a matter of how much money you can put into it and the quality of coaches you can find.  A talent pool of players who don't want to have to move to Canada is always available.

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

Forget the XFL. The product is lousy and we are already oversaturated with big time college football and the NFL. 

That's not oversaturation.  College football is a begrudging necessity that can fall apart any time the Power 5 conferences want to escape from the NCAA and do their own thing.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They should turn it into a bar league where they go find 22 washed up, unemployed drunks from, like, Philly and Queens, fly them out to Wyoming for three weeks, and have a bunch of retired NFL coaches try to make two football teams out of them. At the end, the two teams play each other and the winners get a lifetime supply of Teremana tequila. I’d watch the sh*t out of that. 

cc: @Jetstimeisnow

• Haha 3

The crazy part is the Vince McMahon put in like $200 million to start up the league, and the Rock's group only paid $15 mil,  Guess its not a huge risk if you look at it that way.  Although, who knows how much more they will end up putting in.   

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, TampaJet said:

The crazy part is the Vince McMahon put in like $200 million to start up the league, and the Rock's group only paid $15 mil,  Guess its not a huge risk if you look at it that way.  Although, who knows how much more they will end up putting in.   

I thought that too but then I thought about how much money they will have to put into it to get it going again. I don’t see it being 200 mil but they will have to invest more money in it that the initial 15 mil. 

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

17 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  Drunks put on a sh*t ton of weight and lose a lot of facial definition from the hormone cortisol released due to the stress drinking puts on the body.  Hell.  They at least acknowledge that in old films about alchies like Cat On A Hot Tin Roof.  Whereas Bradley Cooper has a chin line so sharp you could break open a coconut on it. 

Cortisol is a stress hormone first and foremost. As a Jets fan with similar symptoms I appreciate a sex symbol portraying the experience of the common Jets fan. Haven’t either of you ****in guys heard of the term “fantasy”. 

NFL is barely watchable these days with talent level on all teams going down.    all the commercials , replay timeouts , etc etc and the XFL doesn’t even have half the talent league wide. Just a cut above Pop Warner football 

7 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Cortisol is a stress hormone first and foremost. As a Jets fan with similar symptoms I appreciate a sex symbol portraying the experience of the common Jets fan. Haven’t either of you ****in guys heard of the term “fantasy”. 

The Jets fan experience as a dramatic fantasy.  Hell.  They don't need to  make a movie in thet case.  Just make a reality TV show and pay me the $$$.

On 8/3/2020 at 4:23 PM, TampaJet said:

I have no idea why Vince attempted this abortion not once but twice.  I guess it’s the concussions and cocaine residue in his brain from the 80’s

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2020 at 10:38 AM, Kleckineau said:

NFL does not have that much more cred than pro wrestling does at this point with all the cheating Goodell gives wrist slaps for so yeah, why not?

Dwayne Johnson is very well networked in the wrestling world and maybe is thinking there could be some synergy here for the XFL. Maybe some of the pro wrestlers could cross over doing both and have their fans follow.

If that was to happen.  The football part of the "entertainment" would be reduced to nothing more then a pretense...to start a squabble...that turns into a wrestling Brawl. 

Lol...that could turn out to be fun to watch?

On 8/3/2020 at 12:44 PM, T0mShane said:

020517michelobultra_1280x720.jpg

Ultra begs to differ. LOL