Jump to content

Recommended Posts

don't believe what you hear on the fake news.

I heard he paid $7.45 via Venmo

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They should turn it into a bar league where they go find 22 washed up, unemployed drunks from, like, Philly and Queens, fly them out to Wyoming for three weeks, and have a bunch of retired NFL coaches try to make two football teams out of them. At the end, the two teams play each other and the winners get a lifetime supply of Teremana tequila. I’d watch the sh*t out of that. 

Makes me think about a possible remake of The Best Of Times.   But Hollywood's idea of washed up drunks would be Mark Wahlberg and Channing Tatum with a two day beard growth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Makes me think about a possible remake of The Best Of Times.   But Hollywood's idea of washed up drunks would be Mark Wahlberg and Channing Tatum with a two day beard growth.

I love it when Hollywood casts dudes with six pack abs as long-term alcoholics. Alcoholics don’t have abs. Cokeheads and  meth addicts have abs. Drunks consume way too many carbs and sugars. Bradley Cooper in A Star Is Born was an embarrassment

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I love it when Hollywood casts dudes with six pack abs as long-term alcoholics. Alcoholics don’t have abs. Cokeheads and  meth addicts have abs. Drunks consume way too many carbs and sugars. Bradley Cooper is A Star Is Born was an embarrassment

Imagine how much talent an XFL could bring in if it just had a no suspension policy.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I love it when Hollywood casts dudes with six pack abs as long-term alcoholics. Alcoholics don’t have abs. Cokeheads and  meth addicts have abs. Drunks consume way too many carbs and sugars. Bradley Cooper in A Star Is Born was an embarrassment

Yeah.  Drunks put on a sh*t ton of weight and lose a lot of facial definition from the hormone cortisol released due to the stress drinking puts on the body.  Hell.  They at least acknowledge that in old films about alchies like Cat On A Hot Tin Roof.  Whereas Bradley Cooper has a chin line so sharp you could break open a coconut on it. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Ew - I know the rock has plenty of money to spare but alternative football leagues seem like such a waste of time to me

Not if someone figures out how to do it properly and create a quality product.  The NFL desperately needs a competent Minor League of sorts, and they have ever since NFL Europe closed up shop.  The AAF was clearly a failure but the XFL will be worth a go as many times as they want to try. 

It's all a matter of how much money you can put into it and the quality of coaches you can find.  A talent pool of players who don't want to have to move to Canada is always available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PS17 said:

Forget the XFL. The product is lousy and we are already oversaturated with big time college football and the NFL. 

That's not oversaturation.  College football is a begrudging necessity that can fall apart any time the Power 5 conferences want to escape from the NCAA and do their own thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

You wouldn't be watching you we be the QB.. Until someone touched you :beer:

 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It depends where they touched me 😂

 

@joewilly12

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They should turn it into a bar league where they go find 22 washed up, unemployed drunks from, like, Philly and Queens, fly them out to Wyoming for three weeks, and have a bunch of retired NFL coaches try to make two football teams out of them. At the end, the two teams play each other and the winners get a lifetime supply of Teremana tequila. I’d watch the sh*t out of that. 

cc: @Jetstimeisnow

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The crazy part is the Vince McMahon put in like $200 million to start up the league, and the Rock's group only paid $15 mil,  Guess its not a huge risk if you look at it that way.  Although, who knows how much more they will end up putting in.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Cool another wrestler involved with the tackiest league in sports

To be fair, Johnson actually played competitive football at the D1 level.

91cxp0Ez6rL._AC_SX425_.jpg.b471399b3f796157fd6b81f8cee812e9.jpg

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TampaJet said:

The crazy part is the Vince McMahon put in like $200 million to start up the league, and the Rock's group only paid $15 mil,  Guess its not a huge risk if you look at it that way.  Although, who knows how much more they will end up putting in.   

I thought that too but then I thought about how much money they will have to put into it to get it going again. I don’t see it being 200 mil but they will have to invest more money in it that the initial 15 mil. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

To be fair, Johnson actually played competitive football at the D1 level.

91cxp0Ez6rL._AC_SX425_.jpg.b471399b3f796157fd6b81f8cee812e9.jpg

 

To be fair D1 schools have how many players on their rosters? 😁

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

To be fair, Johnson actually played competitive football at the D1 level.

91cxp0Ez6rL._AC_SX425_.jpg.b471399b3f796157fd6b81f8cee812e9.jpg

 

He also sucked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I love it when Hollywood casts dudes with six pack abs as long-term alcoholics. Alcoholics don’t have abs. Cokeheads and  meth addicts have abs. Drunks consume way too many carbs and sugars. Bradley Cooper in A Star Is Born was an embarrassment

 

17 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  Drunks put on a sh*t ton of weight and lose a lot of facial definition from the hormone cortisol released due to the stress drinking puts on the body.  Hell.  They at least acknowledge that in old films about alchies like Cat On A Hot Tin Roof.  Whereas Bradley Cooper has a chin line so sharp you could break open a coconut on it. 

Cortisol is a stress hormone first and foremost. As a Jets fan with similar symptoms I appreciate a sex symbol portraying the experience of the common Jets fan. Haven’t either of you ****in guys heard of the term “fantasy”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL is barely watchable these days with talent level on all teams going down.    all the commercials , replay timeouts , etc etc and the XFL doesn’t even have half the talent league wide. Just a cut above Pop Warner football 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lizard King said:

 

Cortisol is a stress hormone first and foremost. As a Jets fan with similar symptoms I appreciate a sex symbol portraying the experience of the common Jets fan. Haven’t either of you ****in guys heard of the term “fantasy”. 

The Jets fan experience as a dramatic fantasy.  Hell.  They don't need to  make a movie in thet case.  Just make a reality TV show and pay me the $$$.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 4:23 PM, TampaJet said:

The crazy part is the Vince McMahon put in like $200 million to start up the league, and the Rock's group only paid $15 mil,  Guess its not a huge risk if you look at it that way.  Although, who knows how much more they will end up putting in.   

I have no idea why Vince attempted this abortion not once but twice.  I guess it’s the concussions and cocaine residue in his brain from the 80’s

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 4:52 PM, jetstream23 said:

To be fair, Johnson actually played competitive football at the D1 level.

91cxp0Ez6rL._AC_SX425_.jpg.b471399b3f796157fd6b81f8cee812e9.jpg

 

And probably would have been drafted by a NFL team if he didn’t get injured

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 10:38 AM, Kleckineau said:

NFL does not have that much more cred than pro wrestling does at this point with all the cheating Goodell gives wrist slaps for so yeah, why not?

Dwayne Johnson is very well networked in the wrestling world and maybe is thinking there could be some synergy here for the XFL. Maybe some of the pro wrestlers could cross over doing both and have their fans follow.

If that was to happen.  The football part of the "entertainment" would be reduced to nothing more then a pretense...to start a squabble...that turns into a wrestling Brawl. 

Lol...that could turn out to be fun to watch🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

They should just take the plunge and make it a reality tv league. All day every day hard knocks with a wwe flair to it.

I think that was Vince’s concept this time. He just had no idea how to execute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I think that was Vince’s concept this time. He just had no idea how to execute

Behind the scenes hookers, drugs, and steroids. That's a good honest start.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 12:44 PM, T0mShane said:

I love it when Hollywood casts dudes with six pack abs as long-term alcoholics. Alcoholics don’t have abs. Cokeheads and  meth addicts have abs. Drunks consume way too many carbs and sugars. Bradley Cooper in A Star Is Born was an embarrassment

020517michelobultra_1280x720.jpg

Ultra begs to differ. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...