2020 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

20200822_130555.thumb.jpg.b7b9177aca4d4420b6f890b2048f857c.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this.

I'm pulling for the Blazers to get in that play in game. The new Skinny Melo is looking like young Melo in that 15 jersey playing SF. Love watching Damian Lillard ball. 

Anyone else got a team they're rooting for to win and/or fail in these upcoming NBA PLAYOFFS?

4 BIG games scheduled for today in regards to the chase for the 8 seed in the Western Conference.

Houston Rockets vs San Antonio Spurs 2 pm

Phoenix Suns vs Philadelphia 76ers 4:30 pm

Boston Celtics vs Memphis Grizzlies 5 pm

Portland Trail Blazers vs Dallas Mavericks 6:30 pm aka Dame Time

Suns are 6-0 in the bubble

Wizards W

Mavericks W

Clippers W

Pacers W

Heat W

Thunder W

Tue, 8/11 76ers

Thu, 8/13 Mavericks 

Blazers 4-2 in the bubble

Grizzlies W

Celtics L

Rockets W

Nuggets W

Raptors L

76ers W

Tue, 8/11 Mavericks

Thu, 8/13 Nets

Spurs 4-2 in the bubble

Kings W

Grizzlies W

76ers L

Nuggets L

Jazz W

Hornets W

Tue, 8/11 Rockets

Thu, 8/13 Jazz

Grizzlies 1-5 in the bubble

Blazers L

Spurs L

Pelicans L

Jazz L

Thunder W

Raptors L

Tue, 8/11 Celtics

Thu, 8/13 Bucks

Much respect to the Nets...they had me on the edge of my seat tonight. Levert is a great one in the making. They got some good players who can straight up shoot. Toronto is going to have their hands full playing these Brooklyn Nets. 

As for Damian Lillard, he is without a doubt my MVP. He's putting a good Blazers team on his back and taking them to the next level. They're as much a threat in the West as anyone. Lakers gonna get eliminated in the first round. Book it.

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS Quadruple Header on ESPN. 7's vs 2's and 6's vs 3's.

Game 1

Utah Jazz (6) vs Denver Nuggets (3) 1:30 pm

Game 2

Brooklyn Nets (7) vs Toronto Raptors (2) 4:00 pm

Game 3

Philadelphia 76ers (6) vs Boston Celtics (3) 6:30 pm

Game 4

Dallas Mavericks (7) vs Los Angeles Clippers (2) 9:00 pm

I expect 3 close entertaining games today. One will be a blowout. 

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS Quadruple Header on TNT today. 8's vs 1's and 5's vs 4's.

Game 1

Orlando Magic (8) vs Milwaukee Bucks (1) 1:00 pm

Game 2

Miami Heat (5) vs Indiana Pacers (4) 4:00 pm

Game 3

Oklahoma City Thunder (5) vs Houston Rockets (4) 6:30 pm

Game 4

Portland Trail Blazers (8) vs Los Angeles Lakers (1) 9:00 pm

Once again we'll get 3 close entertaining games today with  1 being a blowout. I think we all know which game is going to be a blowout. 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Porzingis needs to be smarter and not let his emotions cost his team like that.

This is what he is.  He’s a mentally weak loser.  Marcus Morris got into him and Luka’s heads he played really well against them when the Knicks beat the Mavericks twice this year

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

orlando magic breakdance GIF by NBA

I'm assuming you're a Magic fan. That Nikola is a beast. He reminds me a tad of Pau Gasol from his early days in Memphis before getting traded to the Lakers. I don't think the Bucks go down 0-2 today, but with no fans/homecourt there is a lot better chance of Magic happening. 

8 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm assuming you're a Magic fan. That Nikola is a beast. He reminds me a tad of Pau Gasol from his early days in Memphis before getting traded to the Lakers. I don't think the Bucks go down 0-2 today, but with no fans/homecourt there is a lot better chance of Magic happening. 

NBA is the only league I have 2 teams.  Knicks and Magic. Moved form NY to Orlando and sad there for the inaugural season, etc.  

The Bucks I’m sure will won but it was fun to watch the upset game 1. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

NBA is the only league I have 2 teams.  Knicks and Magic. Moved form NY to Orlando and sad there for the inaugural season, etc.  

The Bucks I’m sure will won but it was fun to watch the upset game 1. 

I'm a Knicks fan too. I started following the Blazers games when they signed Carmelo Anthony due to the Syracuse Orange connection. I just think they have a terrific team right now and I really like their coach Terry Stotts - once an assistant with George Karl. I think the Lakers/Blazers game tonight is going to be a good one. If you got the time watch the game. 

Blazers stunk it up tonight. Don't get me wrong I give credit to the Lakers for stepping up and winning a must win game. Personally I've never seen the Blazers shoot that bad, and they had good looks. The "other guys" for the Lakers stepped up and Anthony Davis brought his A game. As for Dame's digit, he'll be fine. It's just a finger dislocation on his non-shooting hand . At the end of the game I was shocked at a stat espn threw on the bottom of the screen that read: "Lakers first playoff win since May 18, 2012. That's 3,016 days." Wow!

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Mavs had a shot at pushing the Clippers to 7, but with Luka injured they're done in 5. I cannot see Luka being effective the rest of this series after a high ankle sprain last night.

Luka’s done this season and has no business trying to come back.  This ankle has been an issue for him the entire year.  Serious leg injuries can end young pgs just look at Derrick Rose

Celtics and Raptors are advancing to the 2nd rd today as they put the 76ers and the Nets out their misery. 

Macs have no chance without Luka. This series is over in 5. 

I believe the Nuggets will even the series with the Jazz tonight. Nuggets will win in 7 like last year vs Spurs in the 1st round of the 2019 playoffs.