Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

Jets projected ceiling/floor - NFL.com

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Maybe, you have to count the 3 mono games as us playing the 85 bears

The only one of the three mono games I think we would have had a decent shot of winning was the Browns game. I don't think we would have beaten the Pats or Ealges on the road, Darnold or no Darnold.

Really, I think the bigger hope is simply that Darnold was never truly 100% last season and the combination of being fully healthy and having a better line (plus another year in the offense) allows him to just take a huge leap. The true "best case scenario" for the Jets in 2020 involves Darnold just playing much better and more consistently than he previously has.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Good point. But I do think that having a bunch of returning players in year two of the system as well as the coaching staff, I have higher expectations this year. That is of course if we actually get to play football this year-

For me it's less about the quality of opponents are more about the travel. We had a ridiculously low amount of travel last year -- I'm not sure we ever left the eastern time zone -- and we have three west coast games this year. It just doesn't bode well.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Quite honestly I think any Jets fan with a positive view on the season is basically expecting this.  If you are positive about the Jets with Darnold not taking a leap like this I want what that guy is smoking.

Agreed. Nobody is expecting a dramatic improvement without Darnold being better. It's just a question of how much better. I'm still optimistic but I'm probably less expecting a "massive leap" in 2020 than I was in 2019. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company