1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I still maintain that even taking into account all the other complete head scratching deals that MacCagnan did, that signing Enunwa was the worst signing of all time. He was still recovering from a broken neck and we not only overpay but extend as well. I truly believe if we just hired a random fan from this site they would have done no worse than MacCagnan. I liked Q but soured with that nonsense about his rehab

Not only that but they gave him injury guarantees which is the real head scratcher 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

https://overthecap.com/jets-release-quincy-enunwa/

Assuming the guarantee stands Enunwa’s dead money will be $11.879 million in 2020, a loss of $4.078 million in cap room. This is rare to see these kind of releases so I have a feeling that this is simply the Jets using newfound cap space from opt outs to get it off the books now rather than waiting until next year and also prevents Enunwa from being able to opt out to delay the timeline for the team. Enunwa will also carry a $3.6 million dead money charge in 2021.

The Jets look to be all in on creating cap space for next year now that they have traded Jamal Adams and watched CJ Mosley opt out of the season and this should do just that. They are up to $30M in cap space this year and will now be among the league leaders in projected cap space for 2021.

I have a feeling this was the main reason for the release. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company