Enunwa Released

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Exactly.  And, I have no problem with it.

Let's allow ourselves a moment to mourn what many of these guys could have been for the Jets and to thank them for their service....but only for a moment.  There's a new sheriff in town and he's kicking ass, and molding this roster the way he wants it.  I love it.  JD's purge continues and it doesn't matter where you came from, how much you were paid or where you were drafted.  Underachievers and bad attitude guys are long gone (Darron Lee about 12 hours after Macc was fired, Leo traded in-season, Trumaine Johnson as soon as economically feasible, etc.).  Injured and expensive guys going now too (Winters, Enunwa).  Again, thanks....but see you later.

This train is full steam ahead and JD is showing that we're not hauling baggage.

good points.  every year i feel less and less concerned about the players.  and you know what?  they don't care but about the fans either.  that's just the way it is.  we're not going see lots of players spending their whole careers on one team anymore.  why should any fan buy the jersey of a player who really amounts to just being a carpetbagger.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Tell your kids to forget college and perfect any sport with a ball.

Soccer costs a lot in this country.  But honestly, it you're kids good enough it's not a bad investment.  Jay Demerit literally wasn't scouted by a single major school.  But just living near a local research university which had a team and taking summer trip to London... he ended up with a college degree and a Premier League career.  There are life hacks like that... you just have to look for them by thinking outside the box.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Soccer costs a lot in this country.  But honestly, it you're kids good enough it's not a bad investment.  Jay Demerit literally wasn't scouted by a single major school.  But just living near a local research university which had a team and taking summer trip to London... he ended up with a college degree and a Premier League career.  There are life hacks like that... you just have to look for them by thinking outside the box.

Plus a spot on the USMNT from 2007-11, giving him an additional salary + endorsements.

His net worth is estimated between $1-5M.  Not too shabby for an American 6-1 Center Back.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

One of the most vastly overrated players on the jets over the last 5 or 6 years.

McCagnan should have been fired the day he gave out that contract.  That one really did 100% show he had no clue at all.

I still maintain that even taking into account all the other complete head scratching deals that MacCagnan did, that signing Enunwa was the worst signing of all time. He was still recovering from a broken neck and we not only overpay but extend as well. I truly believe if we just hired a random fan from this site they would have done no worse than MacCagnan. I liked Q but soured with that nonsense about his rehab

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

https://overthecap.com/jets-release-quincy-enunwa/

Assuming the guarantee stands Enunwa’s dead money will be $11.879 million in 2020, a loss of $4.078 million in cap room. This is rare to see these kind of releases so I have a feeling that this is simply the Jets using newfound cap space from opt outs to get it off the books now rather than waiting until next year and also prevents Enunwa from being able to opt out to delay the timeline for the team. Enunwa will also carry a $3.6 million dead money charge in 2021.

The Jets look to be all in on creating cap space for next year now that they have traded Jamal Adams and watched CJ Mosley opt out of the season and this should do just that. They are up to $30M in cap space this year and will now be among the league leaders in projected cap space for 2021.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Too bad he had bricks for hands as well. 

Yeah he just wasn’t good on offense at all. He was a really good STs player but it is high time we get a guy that can play STs and contribute elsewhere which I think JD has been working on.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I still maintain that even taking into account all the other complete head scratching deals that MacCagnan did, that signing Enunwa was the worst signing of all time. He was still recovering from a broken neck and we not only overpay but extend as well. I truly believe if we just hired a random fan from this site they would have done no worse than MacCagnan. I liked Q but soured with that nonsense about his rehab

Not only that but they gave him injury guarantees which is the real head scratcher 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Assuming the guarantee stands Enunwa’s dead money will be $11.879 million in 2020, a loss of $4.078 million in cap room. This is rare to see these kind of releases so I have a feeling that this is simply the Jets using newfound cap space from opt outs to get it off the books now rather than waiting until next year and also prevents Enunwa from being able to opt out to delay the timeline for the team. Enunwa will also carry a $3.6 million dead money charge in 2021.

The Jets look to be all in on creating cap space for next year now that they have traded Jamal Adams and watched CJ Mosley opt out of the season and this should do just that. They are up to $30M in cap space this year and will now be among the league leaders in projected cap space for 2021.

I have a feeling this was the main reason for the release. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Only the Mosely loss hurts.  The rest of these JAG's, don't really care.

SAR I

That 10 million bonus in March made it really easy for Mosely to take another year off. I wonder if he was really fully healthy? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

It’s very smart on the Jets part. The cap is almost certainly going down next year, and they are going to be able to roll over the saved cap space this year into next years team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Not only that but they gave him injury guarantees which is the real head scratcher 

How’s your neck Quincy? Well, the rehab is going well but as you know I had a crushed vertabrea and my doctor has advised me I should quit football. 
No worries Quincy, just sign here, and here, and here.
Quincys agent: Kicking him under the table trying to keep a straight face.  

• Haha 2