Enunwa Released

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Plus a spot on the USMNT from 2007-11, giving him an additional salary + endorsements.

His net worth is estimated between $1-5M.  Not too shabby for an American 6-1 Center Back.

Yeah.  I was listening to him on a podcast recently.  It was like hearing Pee Wee's Big Adventure as told by a jock.  Man.  Some people are born with what Orson Welles called "the genius of ignorance."  Nobody ever told him... "no, that's just not possible.  You can't ever expect to play against Didier Drogba."  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, David Harris said:

So Some of the big money Mac contracts:

Revis 2.0

Trumaine Johnson

Enunwa

leveon Bell

cj Mosley 

Henry Anderson

Kelvin Beachum

Brian Winters

——-

Jesus 

He did OK with a lot of the mid-tier deals:

Carpenter

McClendon

Beachum

Crowder 

Brian Poole 

Williamson

McCown

It really was the big ticket guys that burned him. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Revis 2.0

Trumaine Johnson

Enunwa

leveon Bell

cj Mosley 

Henry Anderson

Kelvin Beachum

Brian Winters

——-

Jesus 

The guy basically threw sh*t against a wall on EVERY move for his entire miserable tenure.  The average Pop Warner coach knows how better to build a team.  But don’t forget he was just about to be FIRED in Houston when that piece of sh*t Casserly sold someone almost as stupid and clueless as Maccagnan is, to not only hire the dolt but to inexplicably up his Paygrade....and he did.

Also, one of the most infuriating parts about his tenure is that we learned that Maccagnan had virtually ZERO CONTACTS throughout the league.  The most important movers and shakers didn’t even know his name.  Also he never LED the Organization in any way shape or form, as he supposedly remained locked in his office most of the time. The entire FO was essentially rudderless for 5 F**KIN YEARS...,and Johnson just let it all go down.  Obviously because 1, the cheap bast**d didn’t want to pay 2 contracts at once but also he’d be OWNING ANOTHER monumental mistake if he Fired Maccagnan when he should have.  That would be YEARS ago.  Gave the mope 5 fuc**n drafts haha.  Just unreal.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Icer said:

I liked Q in 2015, but he was a flash in the pan and made of glass. Seemed like a bit of a crybaby based on ripping the team last year when he should be building a shrine to MacDummy and the Jets

last game he played in that mattered he dropped 2 passes in a row at buffy in the red zone when we were doown 16-7 3rd q

4 hours ago, David Harris said:

Revis 2.0

Trumaine Johnson

Enunwa

leveon Bell

cj Mosley 

Henry Anderson

Kelvin Beachum

Brian Winters

——-

Jesus 

Muhammad Wilkerson -- $37MM he paid for Mo's sucky 2016 + 2017 seasons; amazing that a contract this horrendous wasn't an "and nothing else even came close" bad contract. This is why you don't listen to internet fans whining "pay the man!" instead of acting like an adult and realizing you're now guaranteeing 2 years instead of the no-guarantee year-to-year deals he already had him on with the tag. At least the fans could be excused for not realizing what Macc knew about his laziness & douchebaggery.

David Harris 3.0 -- made him a top 5-10 paid ILB (with 2 more years fully guaranteed!) despite him being a poor fit for Bowles who wanted fast LBs (the last thing Harris was). Then bizarrely waited until June to cut him in '17.

Antonio Cromartie 2.0 -- paying him 2x his going rate, just like with McCown

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Muhammad Wilkerson -- $37MM he paid for Mo's sucky 2016 + 2017 seasons; amazing that a contract this horrendous wasn't an "and nothing else even came close" bad contract. This is why you don't listen to internet fans whining "pay the man!" instead of acting like an adult and realizing you're now guaranteeing 2 years instead of the no-guarantee year-to-year deals he already had him on with the tag. At least the fans could be excused for not realizing what Macc knew about his laziness & douchebaggery.

David Harris 3.0 -- made him a top 5-10 paid ILB (with 2 more years fully guaranteed!) despite him being a poor fit for Bowles who wanted fast LBs (the last thing Harris was). Then bizarrely waited until June to cut him in '17.

Antonio Cromartie 2.0 -- paying him 2x his going rate, just like with McCown

i feel...

drunk daniel tosh GIF by Comedy Central

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GreekJet said:

He did OK with a lot of the mid-tier deals:

Carpenter

McClendon

Beachum

Crowder 

Brian Poole 

Williamson

McCown

It really was the big ticket guys that burned him. 

No he did not do OK with mid-tier deals. Most on his "A" list still need a * to narrowly rationalize them anyway.

McCown was guaranteed+paid more than 2x the next-highest bidder in both his Jets seasons. That alone makes them back-to-back bad deals even if you liked having him for a bit.

Carpenter was Macc's 3rd choice he ended up with after missing out on his first two. He was a good starter his first 2 years, and would have been a better hindsight signing if his 2015-2016 play continued. The problem is the we kept him for 2 more bad years and couldn't get him out of the starting lineup because this GM didn't add anyone else who wasn't even worse. If there was someone else being groomed who actually fit the new zone blocking, where Carpenter could've been benched in 2017, then cut after the season, this would have been a better deal in hindsight.

Williamson was not a good signing when you look back. Not when he let a superior player go, to then ink Williamson instead because he was $500K/year less and younger. But Williamson has missed literally half his games here, which negates this as a good deal on its face. So far the Jets paid $16MM for one 4-win season of Williamson at ILB; some $400K less than New Orleans has paid all-pro Demario Davis, whom Macc could have locked up for less if he extended him midseason instead of waiting (waiting & painting himself into a corner was a Macc staple for 5 offseasons). If Mosley didn't just opt out, there's a good chance Williamson would have been cut after playing just that lone season. Hey it might still happen, depending how Williamson looks when he's taken off PUP, if that even happens before final roster cutdowns.

Crowder seems like a solid signing so far. He got 2 years fully guaranteed so you can't gauge it yet. If he gets injured early or just takes a major step back this season, then it wasn't such a good signing.

McClendon has been good (though only to fill a hole that Macc created himself with his lack of foresight). If I sling enough arrows I'll eventually hit a couple outside the bullseye even though I haven't picked up a bow in the last 35 years. That doesn't therefore make me pretty good at archery now.

Beachum was an overall below average tackle. Slightly below average in pass blocking (which made him seem better than he was, compared to the other OLmen Maccagnan furnished his coaches) and among the worst in run blocking. What's forgotten is even Maccagnan didn't fully believe in Beachum, coming off a disastrous season with Jacksonville, as that was only one of the two tackles he signed in that 48-hour period: he also re-signed Ben Ijalana at $5MM per, making the LT spot cost an all-pro level $13MM that year.

Now that the cherry-picking and generous memories of those mid-tier signings is done:

Ryan Fitzpatrick $12MM (and what an embarrassment having a career marginal starter hold him over a barrel like that). His fix: draft Christian Hackenberg.

Marcus Gilchrist

Buster Skrine

Ryan Clady (also the result of a mess of Maccagnan's own making). Then tried to extend him, unsuccessfully. A player no other team wanted, who'd never so much as suit up for a single practice ever again, and Macc wanted to lock him up for at least a couple more seasons.

Jarvis Jenkins -- This useless sack of crap was paid $3m as a UFA to be a backup for half a season. If he wasn't such an impossibly awful pickup, and could be justified to not cut before his first season was over, he'd have cost us the 3rd round compensatory pick Macc planned on losing when he signed him.

Quinton Coples (5th year option) -- It gets forgotten about, because we got lucky, but had Coples gotten injured before he got benched, the Jets would have been locked into paying him $7m in 2016 because Maccagnan exercised his 5th year option. Coples was cooperative enough to play so poorly that Bowles could justify benching him before he got injured. Like Jenkins above, only the player being so much worse than imagined is what saved this deal from having a worse ripple effect.

Wesley Johnson

Spencer Long

Matt Forte - A has-been who'd been on a decline for years. Maccagnan signs a RB north of 30 years old starter-money, guarantees this starter money for 2 seasons, and as a cherry on top this pickup cancels out the mid-round compensatory pick we'd have been awarded for losing Chris Ivory to FA.

Bilal Powell - I probably liked Powell better than most, I think, but as a GM you sign either Forte or you re-sign Powell; not both. Pick one veteran, then draft young players for this youngest man's position. Locking himself into both of these guys for 2 years - plus the compensatory pick each cost - undoubtedly influenced undervaluing RB prospects' worth to the Jets when our picks were coming up. Instead of Kamara - the player his defensive-minded coach allegedly wanted - the "value" move for him was trading down and drafting Ardarius Stewart.

Terrelle Pryor

Marcus Williams a few million for 6 games as a backup/special teams nobody before cutting him in October. Why bother, then?

Breno Giacomini - no Macc didn't initially sign him, but in 2016 he kept him for $5MM even though the money wasn't guaranteed. In effect it's like offering him a 1 yr $5MM deal for 10 games (if he's perfectly healthy & in game shape coming off PUP). I still can't understand this here to this day. So, and already-injured player came back, played poorly for 5 starts, and for this Macc paid him $1MM/game.

The man was an unmitigated disaster at everything. Even his most successful draft pick was one of this sorry franchise's worst missed-opportunity tragedies in hindsight.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think Chris Johnson is acting like they won’t have a full season, if at all, and they’re dumping excess financial ballast before the hammer comes down

Add to that, Enunwa was a prime opt-out candidate, and you’d be pushing both of those cap hits a year down the road

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, David Harris said:

Revis 2.0

Trumaine Johnson

Enunwa

leveon Bell

cj Mosley 

Henry Anderson

Kelvin Beachum

Brian Winters

——-

Jesus 

Kelchi Osemele 

Yep... Mr. Coffee had the Midas touch, eh ???

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Kelchi Osemele 

Yep... Mr. Coffee had the Midas touch, eh ???

Ooh I forgot about him. So hard to keep track.

Without exaggeration, his "dumb move" : "smart move" ratio has to be hovering around 20:1 for his Jets tenure.

*fixed lol*

Edited by Sperm Edwards
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Ooh I forgot about him. So hard to keep track.

Without exaggeration, his "smart move" : "dumb move" ratio has to be hovering around 20:1 for his Jets tenure.

It’s super early where I’m at but this reads to me like you’re saying he made 20 smart moves for every 1 dumb move and I don’t think that’s quite correct.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Has lots to smile about.  Pure moron, luckier than ANY lottery ticket winner in history.  Virtually EVERY draft, top to bottom, a wash out, was given 5 to destroy.  Virtually EVERY FA signing...pure garbage, hamstringing the organization for years down the line.

Was a FAILED Scout in Houston, can’t get a janitor’s job at this point anywhere in the NFL.  Lucky for him the stupidest owner in the NFL said “hold my beer...when can you start?”

However, there was some Mac "nut" huggers who thought getting rid of Mr. Coffee would make it hard to get a good GM to replace him.  He just needed a chance.  Hindsight is 20-20 , but a lot of us saw what a putz he was from year two on.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Well it was always a far reach for Q to make it back on to the field. He was another player with great potential, yet a medical file 8” thick. How he got paid by Mac was head scratcher. Now both are gone and JD is showing what a real GM is all about. Build your team JD.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

However, there was some Mac "nut" huggers who thought getting rid of Mr. Coffee would make it hard to get a good GM to replace him.  He just needed a chance.  Hindsight is 20-20 , but a lot of us saw what a putz he was from year two on.

For way too long, actually decades, the Jets have had one of the worst FOs in the league.  Now whether it’s terrible ownership or top guys not wanting to come, which is strange because it’s N.Y.,  there is no place on earth like being the toast of the town in NY, but probably because they wanted no part of the bad ownership and FO structure, it’s no surprise why the Jets have been so Low, most of the time, for so long.  You couple those facts with Brady being in their division for 20 years and add a pinch of Maccagnan and Bowles, in retrospect the Jets should have just closed up shop totally during that time.  Shouldn’t even have played a game.

But I truly have high hopes right now.  Joe Douglas is the Man. Maybe because it’s been so long that I don’t even know what an actual NFL GM looks like or how he operates until this year with Douglas...but I don’t think so.

I truly think that with Darnold hopefully finally getting some time and not having to play 1 on 11 around 75% of the time, that very good things are in the offing.  Now there are also a boatload of high draft picks to continue to build around Darnold, that’s exciting.

I don’t care if Adam Gase coaches poorly this year.  There should be a statue built outside MetLife depicting him quickly shanking Maccagnan.  And for that I have never ending gratitude.

• Upvote 3