Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The last of the ill-advised , our of your mind, sh*thead contracts given out by Mac. Now maybe we can work toward fielding a decent team.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Plus a spot on the USMNT from 2007-11, giving him an additional salary + endorsements.

His net worth is estimated between $1-5M.  Not too shabby for an American 6-1 Center Back.

Yeah.  I was listening to him on a podcast recently.  It was like hearing Pee Wee's Big Adventure as told by a jock.  Man.  Some people are born with what Orson Welles called "the genius of ignorance."  Nobody ever told him... "no, that's just not possible.  You can't ever expect to play against Didier Drogba."  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, British Jet said:

Wish Q all the best. Can’t imagine he will see a football field again, albeit he’s probably already set for life financially. 

its all about his health. ife he cant parley this into a life of comfort. its on him

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Q in 2015, but he was a flash in the pan and made of glass. Seemed like a bit of a crybaby based on ripping the team last year when he should be building a shrine to MacDummy and the Jets

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TNJet said:

2015 he was a beast.

2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

its all about his health. ife he cant parley this into a life of comfort. its on him

If you cant live on the $39 or so mil you made, its time to check out

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Tell your kids to forget college and perfect any sport with a ball.

Tell your kids to find a guy named Mike Maccagnan to keep giving them money for nothing. Sugar Daddy!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Some of the big money Mac contracts:

Revis 2.0

Trumaine Johnson

Enunwa

leveon Bell

cj Mosley 

Henry Anderson

Kelvin Beachum

Brian Winters

——-

Jesus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, David Harris said:

So Some of the big money Mac contracts:

Revis 2.0

Trumaine Johnson

Enunwa

leveon Bell

cj Mosley 

Henry Anderson

Kelvin Beachum

Brian Winters

——-

Jesus 

He did OK with a lot of the mid-tier deals:

Carpenter

McClendon

Beachum

Crowder 

Brian Poole 

Williamson

McCown
 

 

It really was the big ticket guys that burned him. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, David Harris said:

So Some of the big money Mac contracts:

Revis 2.0

Trumaine Johnson

Enunwa

leveon Bell

cj Mosley 

Henry Anderson

Kelvin Beachum

Brian Winters

——-

Jesus 

The guy basically threw sh*t against a wall on EVERY move for his entire miserable tenure.  The average Pop Warner coach knows how better to build a team.  But don’t forget he was just about to be FIRED in Houston when that piece of sh*t Casserly sold someone almost as stupid and clueless as Maccagnan is, to not only hire the dolt but to inexplicably up his Paygrade....and he did.

Also, one of the most infuriating parts about his tenure is that we learned that Maccagnan had virtually ZERO CONTACTS throughout the league.  The most important movers and shakers didn’t even know his name.  Also he never LED the Organization in any way shape or form, as he supposedly remained locked in his office most of the time. The entire FO was essentially rudderless for 5 F**KIN YEARS...,and Johnson just let it all go down.  Obviously because 1, the cheap bast**d didn’t want to pay 2 contracts at once but also he’d be OWNING ANOTHER monumental mistake if he Fired Maccagnan when he should have.  That would be YEARS ago.  Gave the mope 5 fuc**n drafts haha.  Just unreal.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, munchmemory said:

When evaluating Mcc's negotiating acumen, the words "bumbling dunce" and "fleeced" jump immediately to mind.

halfway thru the meeting, macc cries out for more coffee

Half Sheared Sheep

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Icer said:

I liked Q in 2015, but he was a flash in the pan and made of glass. Seemed like a bit of a crybaby based on ripping the team last year when he should be building a shrine to MacDummy and the Jets

last game he played in that mattered he dropped 2 passes in a row at buffy in the red zone when we were doown 16-7 3rd q

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, David Harris said:

So Some of the big money Mac contracts:

Revis 2.0

Trumaine Johnson

Enunwa

leveon Bell

cj Mosley 

Henry Anderson

Kelvin Beachum

Brian Winters

——-

Jesus 

Muhammad Wilkerson -- $37MM he paid for Mo's sucky 2016 + 2017 seasons; amazing that a contract this horrendous wasn't an "and nothing else even came close" bad contract. This is why you don't listen to internet fans whining "pay the man!" instead of acting like an adult and realizing you're now guaranteeing 2 years instead of the no-guarantee year-to-year deals he already had him on with the tag. At least the fans could be excused for not realizing what Macc knew about his laziness & douchebaggery.

David Harris 3.0 -- made him a top 5-10 paid ILB (with 2 more years fully guaranteed!) despite him being a poor fit for Bowles who wanted fast LBs (the last thing Harris was). Then bizarrely waited until June to cut him in '17.

Antonio Cromartie 2.0 -- paying him 2x his going rate, just like with McCown

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Muhammad Wilkerson -- $37MM he paid for Mo's sucky 2016 + 2017 seasons; amazing that a contract this horrendous wasn't an "and nothing else even came close" bad contract. This is why you don't listen to internet fans whining "pay the man!" instead of acting like an adult and realizing you're now guaranteeing 2 years instead of the no-guarantee year-to-year deals he already had him on with the tag. At least the fans could be excused for not realizing what Macc knew about his laziness & douchebaggery.

David Harris 3.0 -- made him a top 5-10 paid ILB (with 2 more years fully guaranteed!) despite him being a poor fit for Bowles who wanted fast LBs (the last thing Harris was). Then bizarrely waited until June to cut him in '17.

Antonio Cromartie 2.0 -- paying him 2x his going rate, just like with McCown

i feel...

drunk daniel tosh GIF by Comedy Central

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will take “Which former GM will never get another job in the NFL” for $100. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think Chris Johnson is acting like they won’t have a full season, if at all, and they’re dumping excess financial ballast before the hammer comes down

Add to that, Enunwa was a prime opt-out candidate, and you’d be pushing both of those cap hits a year down the road

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think Chris Johnson is acting like they won’t have a full season, if at all, and they’re dumping excess financial ballast before the hammer comes down

The Jets finally have a proactive owner? Man, these really are strange times.😁

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, David Harris said:

So Some of the big money Mac contracts:

Revis 2.0

Trumaine Johnson

Enunwa

leveon Bell

cj Mosley 

Henry Anderson

Kelvin Beachum

Brian Winters

——-

Jesus 

Kelchi Osemele 

Yep... Mr. Coffee had the Midas touch, eh ???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q was beastish at times. 

my fav jersey

oh well

B2C453F6-1E1B-49AB-8A81-CC73F3CE22F6.jpeg
 

 

image.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Kelchi Osemele 

Yep... Mr. Coffee had the Midas touch, eh ???

Ooh I forgot about him. So hard to keep track.

Without exaggeration, his "dumb move" : "smart move" ratio has to be hovering around 20:1 for his Jets tenure.

 

 

*fixed lol*

Edited by Sperm Edwards
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Ooh I forgot about him. So hard to keep track.

Without exaggeration, his "smart move" : "dumb move" ratio has to be hovering around 20:1 for his Jets tenure.

It’s super early where I’m at but this reads to me like you’re saying he made 20 smart moves for every 1 dumb move and I don’t think that’s quite correct.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s super early where I’m at but this reads to me like you’re saying he made 20 smart moves for every 1 dumb move and I don’t think that’s quite correct.

oops.

Fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

oops.

Fixed.

Looks like Sperm’s “dumb ratio” : “smart ratio” is 0:1 on the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Has lots to smile about.  Pure moron, luckier than ANY lottery ticket winner in history.  Virtually EVERY draft, top to bottom, a wash out, was given 5 to destroy.  Virtually EVERY FA signing...pure garbage, hamstringing the organization for years down the line.

Was a FAILED Scout in Houston, can’t get a janitor’s job at this point anywhere in the NFL.  Lucky for him the stupidest owner in the NFL said “hold my beer...when can you start?”

However, there was some Mac "nut" huggers who thought getting rid of Mr. Coffee would make it hard to get a good GM to replace him.  He just needed a chance.  Hindsight is 20-20 , but a lot of us saw what a putz he was from year two on.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Looks like Sperm’s “dumb ratio” : “smart ratio” is 0:1 on the day. 

How droll

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it was always a far reach for Q to make it back on to the field. He was another player with great potential, yet a medical file 8” thick. How he got paid by Mac was head scratcher. Now both are gone and JD is showing what a real GM is all about. Build your team JD.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

However, there was some Mac "nut" huggers who thought getting rid of Mr. Coffee would make it hard to get a good GM to replace him.  He just needed a chance.  Hindsight is 20-20 , but a lot of us saw what a putz he was from year two on.

For way too long, actually decades, the Jets have had one of the worst FOs in the league.  Now whether it’s terrible ownership or top guys not wanting to come, which is strange because it’s N.Y.,  there is no place on earth like being the toast of the town in NY, but probably because they wanted no part of the bad ownership and FO structure, it’s no surprise why the Jets have been so Low, most of the time, for so long.  You couple those facts with Brady being in their division for 20 years and add a pinch of Maccagnan and Bowles, in retrospect the Jets should have just closed up shop totally during that time.  Shouldn’t even have played a game.

But I truly have high hopes right now.  Joe Douglas is the Man. Maybe because it’s been so long that I don’t even know what an actual NFL GM looks like or how he operates until this year with Douglas...but I don’t think so.

I truly think that with Darnold hopefully finally getting some time and not having to play 1 on 11 around 75% of the time, that very good things are in the offing.  Now there are also a boatload of high draft picks to continue to build around Darnold, that’s exciting.

I don’t care if Adam Gase coaches poorly this year.  There should be a statue built outside MetLife depicting him quickly shanking Maccagnan.  And for that I have never ending gratitude.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TnT said:

Q was beastish at times. 

my fav jersey

oh well

B2C453F6-1E1B-49AB-8A81-CC73F3CE22F6.jpeg
 

 

image.gif

Coincidentally as clean as his real jersey every Sunday 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...