Jets Getting More Cap

SR24

7 hours ago, Butterfield said:

I would say the same thing I would say to many church goers, its not healthy to be so obsessed.  

What right have you to call people out for their beliefs beit football or religion.  You self defined know betters have an erroneous mindset.  

17 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Listen Mosley never really even played for this team. I was pissed that as a veteran leader he opted out because now you're going to see the rest of the cowards start bailing. What I mean by that is all of the "me" guys. You know the type, that film themselves throwing bags of gummy dicks at their ex-wife and own child in front of the police? LMFAO! These are the guys that don't care about anybody or anything.

I'm not saying it's wrong if you actually have a family issue or a health issue, but the entire world is in disarray right now. You would expect the NFL, a multi billion-dollar corporation to have its s*** together!? For Christ's sakes there's an entire medical staff employed by every team to take care of multi-millionaires LOL! This isn't Stat Health Care down the block in Brentwood.

Just like we claimed all the first line workers as Heroes cause they did their job during the pandemic, I think it's up to the actual leaders and heroes in the NFL to show everyone on both sides that there is hope, and that we will all make it through this. I have no respect for a veteran who already "got paid"  opting out. I think it's BS-

The perfect storm hit this year.  If it wasn't the chicken little sky is falling pandemic that hurt the NFL, it would be the kneeling nonsense alienating fans.  I want to see an NFL season, but the NFL will probably cancel hoping all this mess is cleared up by next season.  Time heals all wounds unless you keep picking at the scab.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Is his a career ending injury?  I did not think so. 

Sure hope not, but it doesn't look good, its not like a knee which legitimately could take two years to heal, if a groin is not healed in a year, it just doesn't look good, see Arian Foster.

On 8/4/2020 at 7:34 AM, section314 said:

With this news, how long do the guys have to opt-back -in??

This is an accounting thing. Signing bonus was fully paid already, it just gets broken up for cap purposes. (Example: I sign you to a 3 year deal with a 3M signing bonus, today. You get all 3M today, but for cap purposes, it's treated as 1M in year 1, 1M yr 2, 1M yr 3).

On 8/4/2020 at 7:49 AM, Columbia Jet Fan said:

So we get an extra $10mm of cap this year? That’s what Mosleys bonus was right? 

No. Just the prorated portion (the part that was hitting our cap for this year), which is 1.5M

BTW, this opt-out actually really helps the Jets if they want to get away from Mosely after next year's contract. Next year, Mosely will be only a 7.5M cap cost, which is a huge bargain, and get less than a $6M salary. (Pre opt-out, that 7.5M would have been on this year's cap, and next year he would have had a 17.5M cap hit with a 16M salary, only 8M of which is guaranteed). Then that shifts his 16M salary to 2022 (his age 30 season) when the Jets can cut him for 5M in cap savings, or 9.5 if they designate him post June-1. That might happen. And in 2023, his age 31 season, he can be released for 15.5M in cap savings, and at that point, he's either definitely getting released or restructured (unless ILB salaries have exploded in the interim). He's never seeing the final 2 years of his deal, and his opt out made restructuring in 2022 much more likely.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:15 AM, Greenbloodblitz said:

Listen Mosley never really even played for this team. I was pissed that as a veteran leader he opted out because now you're going to see the rest of the cowards start bailing. What I mean by that is all of the "me" guys. You know the type, that film themselves throwing bags of gummy dicks at their ex-wife and own child in front of the police? LMFAO! These are the guys that don't care about anybody or anything.

I'm not saying it's wrong if you actually have a family issue or a health issue, but the entire world is in disarray right now. You would expect the NFL, a multi billion-dollar corporation to have its s*** together!? For Christ's sakes there's an entire medical staff employed by every team to take care of multi-millionaires LOL! This isn't Stat Health Care down the block in Brentwood.

Just like we claimed all the first line workers as Heroes cause they did their job during the pandemic, I think it's up to the actual leaders and heroes in the NFL to show everyone on both sides that there is hope, and that we will all make it through this. I have no respect for a veteran who already "got paid"  opting out. I think it's BS-

This is a stupid ******* take.

23 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If I'm Douglas I sign Darnold to an extension tomorrow and front load it to the moon.  That way if Darnold isn't your guy in say 3 years, you can move on with less issue.  And if he is your guy you have way more payroll flexibility in his prime.

I don't know if that's actually feasible I guess.  I don't know much about contracts. 

NFL players can't sign extensions until after their 3rd year in the league, so that's not an option. But given what happens to Mosely's salary for 2021, I'd expect Douglas to do exactly that after this season if Darnold shows he's worth it

• Upvote 2