Strong Opinion Sports guy apologizes about flippant JD remark

slats

Seems genuinely impressed with Joe Douglas, still a believer in Darnold, not so much in Gase at all. I'm hoping Gase's "dysfunction," is largely the product of working for two dysfunctional organizations, with the Jets having righted that ship somewhat with the Douglas hire. I'm not as down on Gase, but out of the three he's the one I have the least confidence in. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

49 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

This guy is an idiot. He trashed Darnold, which was doubly hilarious with his lisp. I hope he has a job plan beyond YouTube and it cant be sports related.

You mean the QB that has been bottom 5 since being in the league? A lot to trash there. He has potential, yes, but he has yet to live up to it.

I think 90% of the posters on this site could give a better/more informed take on JD, the draft and Sam. Not nearly to the extent of this guy, but I do share this guys concern that by the time we get rid of Gase and get a coach that can develop Sam's talent, it might be too late. NY doesn't have much patience. I am scared that we could be in real danger of wasting Sam. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Every blowhard as a platform now.  You used to just run into these guys at bars.  Now, there's no avoiding them.

The worst ones are these podcast dorks!  Who doesn't have one at this point?

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Every blowhard as a platform now.  You used to just run into these guys at bars.  Now, there's no avoiding them.

Yea there is. Don’t click on their stuff. Same thing goes for the best writers. Stop following them and they’ll go away and if they don’t you won’t care because you’re not following them.  

27 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I'm not familiar with his work.  Was just judging him based on the original comments he made about Douglas.  Seemed pretty ill-informed.  But we all have our moments.

Actually one of the best sports "analysts" on YouTube. Would highly recommend giving him a second chance.

• Upvote 2

I watch a lot of sports shows, and Zac is probably my favorite guy to watch for his takes and analysis. A good watch.

Even though it betrays the namesake, he's very quick to acknowledge when he's wrong and doesn't cling to controversial takes for the clicks. He tries his best to be an un-biased analyst which I respect. 

• Upvote 1