Sarge4Tide

So, there seems to be only 4 realistic starting OL combos now

Starting Offensive Line  

82 members have voted

1. 1. The most likely combo for the Jets' starting offensive line in Game 1 of the 2020 season is......

• OPTION 1
    • OPTION 2
    • OPTION 3
    • OPTION 4
    • Some other option
  2. 2. The Jets best backup offensive lineman in 2020 will be.......

• Jonotthan Harrison 6"4" 300 Florida (C/G)
    • Cameron Clark 6'3" 308 Richmond (G/T)
    • Chuma Edoga 6'3" 308 USC (T)
    • Conor McDermott 6'8" 305 UCLA (G/T)
    • Someone Else

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I think they will start Becton at RT then transition him to LT next year if he does well.

Me too. I think quite honestly there is close to 0% chance Becton starts at LT this year. Strong side is the place for him to be getting help as needed

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I actually like Fant.  I thought he was a nice pick-up as desperation LT, even if they did give him a bunch of money.  I think he was better than people (like you) rated him in Seattle and was willing to give Douglas the benefit of the doubt on that one.  I was totally on board with picking WR in the first and then revamping our the right side with Wilson and Lewis later in the draft.  Good think they didn't, cause Wilson went at 29 and we'd have been stuck.  I could be totally wrong about Fant, but that was my general feeling.  I don't think he is such a hot fit as a prospect for RT.

People seem to forget that we did not "settle" for Fant. Pauline reported that we were targeting him all the way back at the combine. And that we are intending to use wider splits which Fant is well suited for. Would be shocked if he does not start at LT. I am not convinced that Becton will be a LT long term. I was not a fan of the pick and I could see him as a HOF type of guard. That said I am super impressed with how in shape he is. His ceiling as a LT is limitless but he is still a WIP in pass blocking.

It would not likely be elite but there is enough talent for it to be Top 15

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company