Benigno can't stop talking about drafting Trevor Lawrence and it's asinine

He brought it up again today.  It's all Benigno talks about now when anyone brings up Darnold.  "Bro I'm not sold on this quarterback" then he talks about flipping these picks to draft Lawrence.

Do people really think this or are these just the ravings of an old lunatic?

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

He brought it up again today.  It's all Benigno talks about now when anyone brings up Darnold.  "Bro I'm not sold on this quarterback" then he talks about flipping these picks to draft Lawrence.

My guess is it's a combination of things:

-No sports for months and he's a sports talk host

-He can see retirement in the not-too-distant future and he can't wait to move to Florida and golf every day.

-He was legit upset at the Jamal Adams trade to the point where I'm guessing he can only think negatively about the Jets.

-The Mets (his baseball team) being crappy early on probably isn't helping his psyche about his teams.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Darnold HAS to step up. I don’t want to see spurts or glimpses, I want to see this guy step up and flat out become the man.

If that doesn’t happen then I am going to start at least thinking about it

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I Luv Beningo

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

The guy showed upwards progression in every major statistical category from Year 1 to Year 2, with a bottom 5 O-line and a below average receiver group.

Yeah, the mono thing sucked.  The MNF mic'd up moment sucked.  But people are talking about this guy like he regressed in year 2 when he actually improved in every area, at age 23.

And now we're talking about jumping ship on him and drafting a brand new guy if a COVID affected season doesn't go well?  It's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

We’re not. One idiotic talking head looking for controversy is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I like Darnold.

I want Darnold to do well.

I think that Darnold has the tools to become a top 10 QB.

I am optimistic about Darnold.

I am not sold on Darnold. When I see him put the team on his back, I will be sold. 

What do you call turning the worst offense in NFL history into a productive unit that ended with a winning record? And doing so while battling an illness that can take 8 months to fully recover from? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

What do you call turning the worst offense in NFL history into a productive unit that ended with a winning record? And doing so while battling an illness that can take 8 months to fully recover from? 

I call it progress.  He still has a lot of room to grow but he has shown progress.  This year he has to stay healthy and make a big step forward.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

The better question is why do you, or any other sane person, listen to this idiot? 

There are plenty of podcasts out there with extremely intelligent hosts discussing every possible topic and there are people that still listen to this mouth breather???

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, nico002 said:

When he plays a full season without stubbing his toe or getting the measles, let me know. Like I said, I like him, bur I'm not sold on Darnold just yet. 

Is it asinine?  Sam hasn’t done much in the league and Gase is primed to get fired if they have a bad year.  If they have a bad year it’ll be because Sam can’t up his game.

This team isn’t very good and with no preseason games, hell, barely even a camp, I’d expect the new o-line and rookies to struggle.  

To think the jets are picking top 5 with a new HC isn’t insane.  

Look the only way we can get Lawrence is if we pick #1. If we pick #1 then Darnold regressed badly and we pick Lawrence. If Darnold is decent we finish middle of pack at worst and no combination of the picks we have gets Lawrence. And there is no guarantee hes better than Sam. Personally I think Sam will have a huge breakout season this year but we will see

51 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I like Darnold.

I want Darnold to do well.

I think that Darnold has the tools to become a top 10 QB.

I am optimistic about Darnold.

I am not sold on Darnold. When I see him put the team on his back, I will be sold

I am sure he will do that....when he gets a team. He has not had one for two years, but I think he did good with what he had. This year with an improved roster he will take another good leap. His last two seasons he has been going to a gun fight with a knife.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, GaryM said:

I am sure he will do that....when he gets a team. He has not had one for two years, but I think he did good with what he had. This year with an improved roster he will take another good leap. His last two seasons he has been going to a gun fight with a knife.

giphy.gif

That's not how it works. You put the team on your back when you DON'T have the guys around you to help you coast along. 

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

That's not how it works. You put the team on your back when you DON'T have the guys around you to help you coast along. 

This is true, however its entirely too early to give up on him. I need to see him for another 2 years. Hopefully theres at least 2 to 3 good/very good/great offensive piece thats added to help improve darnold in that time.  

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My guess is it's a combination of things:

-No sports for months and he's a sports talk host

-He can see retirement in the not-too-distant future and he can't wait to move to Florida and golf every day.

-He was legit upset at the Jamal Adams trade to the point where I'm guessing he can only think negatively about the Jets.

-The Mets (his baseball team) being crappy early on probably isn't helping his psyche about his teams.

I havent listened to wfan since before covid but I thought Joe was on the "I'm tired of his antics, Jamal needs to go" bandwagon? 

Joe has been on the "can only think negatively about the Jets" side of the fense for a long time now. I love that Joe and Evan are such die hards but listening to Joe.has been exhausting to me for awhile.  Its rare that his takes even have have any resemblance of logic.  Its just; They suck because they are the Jets. This guy is a bum because he plays for the Jets. This rookie is a bust because the Jets drafted him, etc. I'm dying for any football talk but I can't handle him anymore. 

Honestly I dont think he even watches sports. Evan analyzes everything and is up to date on everhthing sports and Joe just agrees with him. when they get to the Jets, he goes off on his "I'm cursed, this team will never win" rant. After the Jets he goes back to his seat on Evan's coattails 

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Did you get conked on the head or something?

Why ?

The guy has shown spurts of being a really qb. Now that he has had a year to absorb Gases and hopefully a better OL, Darnold should be able to take that “Next Step”.

If he doesn’t or regresses then I think you have to at least start thinking about it

Will Joe B go so far as "Operation COVID"

From the makers of such hits as CMB and Captain Midnight...

The story of one madman's mission to see another Jets Superbowl before he dies, leads him on a perilous journey, filled with crime, drama, espionage and germ warfare.

OH THE PAIN!

Co-staring Evan Roberts and The Lovely Terri

Cameo appearances by Sugar Ray Martel and Sid Rosenberg (Spectacular!)

With special guest star Manish Mehta as Scrivener

Don't miss this can't miss flop, coming to an afternoon drive time theater near you!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think the jury is still out on Sam Darnold.  

I also think a large, large number of people over estimate Lawrence as some sort of can't miss, absolutely flawless QB prospect.  

The jury is still out on every QB under 25 not named Patrick mahomes.

• Upvote 2