jetscrazey

Benigno can't stop talking about drafting Trevor Lawrence and it's asinine

He brought it up again today.  It's all Benigno talks about now when anyone brings up Darnold.  "Bro I'm not sold on this quarterback" then he talks about flipping these picks to draft Lawrence.

Do people really think this or are these just the ravings of an old lunatic?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I would trade either of these players for Sam Darnold right now straight up no questions asked 

I would not trade Josh Allen for Darnold.  Allen has benefitted from a much better o-line and roster.  That's the main difference.  His coach also seems better.  But if you put Josh Allen on this team you'd have the same amount of losing, maybe even more.

As for Lamar Jackson, yeah he's better now but a guy with that skill set usually has a short shelf-life in his prime, so in 7 years when Darnold is just 30 with some good years left and Jackson is on the back end of his run, we may be glad in the end.  Jackson still has 0 titles, remember.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

my predictions have been really good since I stopped believing in the team 

I wanted Mahomes instead of Adams, people forget that year 

it was the same nonsense by the way, Mahomes wouldn't be Mahomes without Andy Reid 

here's an idea maybe the guy drafted at 3 overall pull his weight for once 

for my latest trick 

I predict Sam Darnold will not get an extension from the NYJ 

franchise players don't need everything around them to be perfect

they elevate the crap around them 

That's exactly what Darnold has done for the most part.  He's elevated the players around him.  This is a 4-12 offense that Darnold alone made 7-9 with a bottom 5 o-line.  For  the past 2 seasons Darnold has been the best part about this offense. Get him a real o-line and we'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, WFAN could eventually just be merged into the National network, CBS Sports Radio.  The people who drive nowadays generally don't want to listen to sports talk when there are so many options including podcasts.

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company