jetscrazey

Benigno can't stop talking about drafting Trevor Lawrence and it's asinine

I love Joe but he’s been basically rooting against the Jets since they traded his beloved Adams for picks

7 hours ago, JoeFan said:

Benigno’s act is tired and so is he. Brandon Tierney is coming soon, and I like him a lot. He has an edge to him, but is usually quite fair in his analysis. You have to be opinionated to be interesting, and Tierney is. Unlike Benigno, B.T. Will lambaste the Jets when they deserve it, but won’t *assume* that the Jets will always stink, always make the wrong moves, etc.

I like Tierney a lot too.  Hopefully WFAN gives him the slot before Joe and Evan

WFAN is falling apart.  No Francesa, Beningo having daily meltdowns about the Mets and his favorite player ever Adams getting traded and Beningo threatens to retire everyday and play golf.  Maggie Grace is beyond unlistenable and she has like 5 hours a day on that station.  Evan Roberts sucks he’s just a foil for Beningo.  

Only reason to listen to WFAN now is yankees broadcasts 

7 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i honestly don't understand how people can listen to sports talk radio at all. an hour or so of pre-game shows on a sunday before the games? yeah sure. but every day? 

I am listening way less to sports radio now that there’s podcasts and all this other stuff out there. Beningo before he became a Jamal Adams groupie schill was a great listen.  Mike Francesa I liked listening to but he grew tired of the prank calls

1 hour ago, JoeFan said:

I loved Mike when he was with Mad Dog.  Couldn’t stand him since. It’s one thing to interrupt callers.  It’s another thing to interrupt guests.  The last straw for me was on his Sunday show when he constantly interrupted Phil Simms every time he tried to speak.  WFAN let go the best guy they had, Chris Carlin.  They truly are boring now. 

I think that Tierney will be on from 10-12:00 with Tiki Barber. Not a fan of Tiki.  

My favorite show in recent years was Mike & Mike on ESPN until that show ended. Loved their interaction with each other and the fact that they had access to all of ESPN’s analysts. Greeny will have a new show starting  on the 17th, but only one hour will air here. Keyshawn Johnson will be on the new morning show.   Didn’t like hearing him talk when he was a Jet and doubt that I will like him now. 

The future doesn’t look bright for WFAN.  They had too much allegiance to the good OL boys club of Imus, Mike and the Mad Dog, Beningo etc so they never developed younger on air talent to take over 

I was trying to listen to Boomer and Gio today.  Gio thinks he’s Richard Jeni.  I used to think Carton was bad Gio is even worse there’s sports going on now all the guy does is schtick about his furniture 

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Until I see Sam Darnold playing behind an NFL Oline & NFL skill players I’m not critiquing him. 
Mahomes has a very good Oline, his 4th option on offense is Sammy Watkins, and his Coach might be the best offensive coach in all of football. 

Sam was actually underrated last season. He had a better statistical season than Baker Mayfield despite having a way worse supporting cast

hes going to be a good to very good nfl qb.  The people saying otherwise are ignorant haters

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Nailed it. He has a masters degree in whining and complaining.

I don’t understand Beningo’s obsession with Jamal Adams.  The jets are 16-32 with him, he has 2 career picks in 3 full seasons and yet he acts like Adams is a young Lawrence Taylor on steroids and cocaine

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think when he saw the outpouring of support the first time he left WFAN, he (wrongly) assumed he could turn that into a lot of money with his overpriced ($8.99/mo) app.  Aside from the fact that he was behind the times, he also was really lazy.  He talked about "immediacy" with the app but didn't seem to go live after games like he promised he would (I wasn't a subscriber but that was the impression I got from reading about it).  I remember he was criticized for not "going live" after a Yankee playoff game.  He made some excuse that he would've gone live but the game was a blowout so he didn't need to.

IIRC, he also joined Twitter at that point and Funhouse relentlessly (and hilariously!) started mocking him.  People started to pick up on it and they started to try to "one up" each other.  That's when the pranks really kicked into full gear.  He also gave fans a ton of "ammunition" with his absolutely atrocious year of football predictions (not to mention his predictions about everything else!)

Francesa was really kind of a phenomenon.  There was definitely a time when he was liked for his sports talk but there has always been an undercurrent of laughing at him for both his "lawn guyland" accent and his pomposity.  I remember him talking about how he showed up to a Francesacon (which was created as a way to poke fun at him) and wished everyone could experience something that amazing at least once in their lives.  He was so clueless about what was going on but it was that exact lack-of-awareness that people loved about him and the whole thing fed unto itself ("NUM-BUH  ONE!  NUM-BUH  ONE!")

Eventually, of course, the "Francesa bubble" popped when he became cranky and joyless.

Let’s be honest.  Sour Shoes ended Mike Francesa

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Yeah compare that to Luck's rookie season where he took a 2-14 team to 11-5 his rookie year.

And that same colts roster went 10-6 the year before, your point?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Well they went 2-14 because Peyton missed the season, and Indy didn't see value in adding a competent backup.  Essentially, they tanked.

That wasn't a 2-14 roster with a decent backup.  More like 6-10 or so.

That team went 10-6 in 2010 and made the playoffs and came pretty close to beating us.  Luck was a great player but he didn’t exactly take the ‘08 Lions to the playoffs 

2 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

Since drafting Darnold, the Jets are 0-6 when he doesn't play.  They are 11-14 when he plays.  It doesn't get much more black and white in terms of one player putting a team on his back.

His numbers are far from great.  His record is sub .500.  But he has been carrying a team that talent wise may be the worst in the NFL and is doing his best to give them a puncher's chance.

Things need to be analyzed with some perspective.

Stop stating straightforward facts that show Sam is actually being underrated by the ignorant media dammit

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Joe and Evan are crapping on Trout now. These are two nobodies know very little about sports. Choose not to except analytics, and people look up to these bozos as if their word was gold.

Didn’t he hit 2 HRs last night?

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's amazing that they haven't developed a new superstar (or even "all pro") at the station in all these years.  To replace Francesa, they brought in Carlin (who was basically a station reject) and they bought in Bart and Maggie out of nowhere.  The only new host they have at the station that seems like he's any good (to me, at least) is Chris Moore.  

That whole CMB thing was an unmitigated disaster.  I don’t know how Chris Carlin keeps getting jobs he’s a goofball who belongs on graveyard shift on Saturday night

and Maggie Grace?  Why do these idiots keep trying to push her?  She’s not even a fan of the local teams for Pete’s sake 

4 minutes ago, Claymation said:

He did, but questioning why he is a MVP candidate every year.

Maybe because he's good. And if Omar didn't have googley eyes for Krod and losing their 1st round pick that year, he would be playing in Queens.

I’ve heard them bash Trout before.  Amazing how they think Jamal Adams is the greatest Safety ever even tho the jets stunk the entire time he was here but Mike Trout oh yeah he sucks

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

It's a bad narrative to think that any golden boy is going to come in and solve all your problems.  It's not like the NBA where there are only ten players on the floor and a Lebron and Giannis is a golden ticket (with bad management or not.)  And it's not like Trevor Lawrence is considered a consensus All Pro by everybody across the board.  A good GM can find a good QB.  Regardless.  And we have one.  A bad GM can get a hold of Andrew Luck and Nerf his entire career.  (Hi there Mr. Grigson)

JD’s draft this year looks good and he got a heist in the Adams trade.  Yeah it gonna tough to make a good roster after Idzik and Macagnan stunk it up for a decade but I think we are on the right track

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Andrew Luck's career should be a test case for how to ruin a QB.  There are a few other too.  But I never blame the QB's for not living up to their potential.  Unless it's obvious they didn't put the effort in.  JaMarcus Russell would have to be given donuts in order to be motivated enough to pay attention in video breakdown.  But a franchise given a potential QB is nothing more then a round in the chamber.,  There is no one factor that you can control that will lead to overall success.  Maybe it's a combination of a lot of things that doesn't.  But somebody like Macc will move on to something else.  And if Sam had gotten hurt from a bad line last year that that $#$#$# was directly responsible for.  The fans would have just gone... OH WELL.  NEXT MAN UP!

Well they invested in the Oline this offseason.  Becton is going to be really good.  They also got rid of crappy holdovers like Winters

the bigger issue is Gase.  I live in Indianapolis and any Colts fan will tell you what really ruined Luck was him losing Bruce Arians as a rookie and having Chuck Pagano who is a nice guy but a mediocre head coach.  Luck’s OC for several years Pep Hamilton was really bad

Gase looked bad last year.  If he keeps being a pompous JAG HC who gives up on games when he’s down multiple scores  Sam will be similarly ruined

20 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

No idea about Gase.  Either he's somebody who's ideas and methods translate or they don't.  I think it's that simple.  I am beginning to think that they doesn't.  Just my own two cents.

I am willing to give Gase another year but he did not look good last year

His playcalling was vanilla and it was obvious he didn’t prepare the backup QBs once Sam got injured 

6 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

That's with Peyton Manning tearing up the league. Not exactly selling your point of having a decent team around him when they went 10-6 with Peyton Manning. For comparison the last time they went 10-6 with Manning was in 2002. Every year after 2002 they went 12-4 or better. And they might have well been the Lions considering how the team ended Luck's career by getting him repeatedly injured with that turnstile offensive line they put in front of him. Completely wasted Andrew Luck's career.

Dude stop.  That team Luck has as a rookie wasn’t a typical 2-14 team they made the playoffs the year before and did the smart thing and ranked once it was obvious they weren’t going to compete with Curtis Painter at qb

I love Beningo but the guy has gone off the reservation since the Adams trade.  Today during the Glauber interview he was acting like the Jets will be lucky to win 2 games this year and Sam will be cut by next January 

7 hours ago, Biggs said:

I love Darnold.  They only thing that gives me pause is Mac drafted him.  

Mac traded up thinking he was going to draft Baker or Rosen if that makes you feel better

22 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Be careful.  This is the type of thing that got the Washington Football Team in trouble.

Want some cheese for your whine?

11 hours ago, Claymation said:

“If anyone orders merlot, I'm leaving. I am not drinking any ******* merlot.”

Can’t use the word merlot that’s offensive to red wines

On 8/8/2020 at 10:14 PM, GreenCow said:

Doubt he ever escapes the ghost debacle.

4130FC98-7513-4E7C-A712-5DB8C50BB3C6.thumb.jpeg.b630e5e1aeb034e303d98b8cdbb7bec3.jpeg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Riggins said:

Darnold is an excellent QB who would bring a huge return in a trade, but if the Jets have the number one pick in next years draft you take TL, the guy is another Mahomes, I can't imagine the Jets being the worst team in the NFL this year, but teams like the Lions and Cowboys, somebody should tank for this guy, he's going to blow people away.

The patriots will be picking #1 overall next year

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's the other thing.  He and I root for the same teams (Mets/Jets/Rangers/Knicks)

Thank God I’m a Yankees fan

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2020 at 10:17 AM, bitonti said:

Honestly what has Sam Darnold ever done that's special? Not a rhetorical question. He's due a 100 million dollar extension soon

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

You keep acting like Sam was bad last year.  He had a winning record as a starter with a bad supporting cast and threw 19tds to 13ints with a 62% completion percentage 

But yeah he hasn’t lit the world on fire like Baker who totally sucked last year with a better team.  Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen are both still looking for their first wins in a playoff game and Josh Rosen isn’t even a second string at this point

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

I would trade either of these players for Sam Darnold right now straight up no questions asked 

And that would be a terrible trade.  In 3 years they will both be breaking down while Sam is making the pro bowl

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I was doing a lot of driving today and flicked on over to the ol’ WFAN to see what was up and it was Malusis literally yelling into the microphone about the Mets batting order for five minutes. “WHY IS GUILLORME BATTING EIGHTH” and sh*t. I do not know how or why anyone tunes into that station at this point.

WFAN is dying a slow death.  Apparently Fatcessa’s ratings didn’t improve on the sh tfest bust CMB which is why is no longer there

Beningo’s ratings are also tanking.  They keep losing to Michael Kay which is amazing because his show sucks too and he and LaGreca sound clueless unless they talk baseball 

Don’t be shocked if FAN is gone in 3-4 years

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I want to see it die. It’s depressing to see what it’s become.

It’s really bad now.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You knew they were in full-on descent when they hired Carton. It was obvious they had no idea who their market was anymore.

Apparently it’s not only FAN’s ratings that are bad but also the channel has so focused on older white males as its target demo for decades now that their ad billing is sh t because their target demo is now 75 year olds living off social security and cat food

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company