jetscrazey

Benigno can't stop talking about drafting Trevor Lawrence and it's asinine

I think they are a lot higher on Sam in the building than what the media perceives. 

Wake me up when the Jets own the number one overall pick and we can have this debate. 

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's amazing that they haven't developed a new superstar (or even "all pro") at the station in all these years.  To replace Francesa, they brought in Carlin (who was basically a station reject) and they bought in Bart and Maggie out of nowhere.  The only new host they have at the station that seems like he's any good (to me, at least) is Chris Moore.  

I always enjoyed listening to WFAN, but their parent company Entercom is an absolute mess right now. 

Traditional sports talk radio to me is somewhat dated. I much rather spend my time listening to podcasts. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

Josh Allen has elite arm strength, plus speed and plus size. He's durable, starting all 16 games last year. The bills do not have better weapons, they are no-names on offense (not exactly Julio Jones or whatever). 

Sam Darnold has basic attributes compared to Allen and hasn't made it through a season healthy yet 

Lamar Jackson is a winner and the Ravens didn't need to mortgage 3 2nd rounders for him 

As for Darnold 7 years from now why would we expect the Jets to pay for a Rich Gannon like career track? Yeah he might be good a decade from now, how many teams will he have gone through by then? He's going to need an extension and soon 

he's done nothing to earn it. He's 3-9 vs playoff teams. 

in fact the "ghosts" game on MNF Belly showed the leagues better defense how to beat Darnold. 

here's a hot take on Darnold it's all over but the crying. Start James Morgan. 

So you think the Jets should hand the starting QB job to James Morgan? Are you advocating for an open competition or should the Jets just hand the job over to Morgan based on his sterling record at FAU and draft pedigree?

3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Yeah, WFAN could eventually just be merged into the National network, CBS Sports Radio.  The people who drive nowadays generally don't want to listen to sports talk when there are so many options including podcasts.

WFAN is still a top 10 radio station in the US in terms of revenue. If anything in order for radio to survive/thrive in 2020 content needs to be more local focused. 

That said I do think sports talk needs to adapt with the times a bit. WFAN especially needs to cut ties with that 60-80 year old caller. The audience they are trying to attract don’t want to head talk about Mickey Mantle and Tom Seaver. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company