Benigno can't stop talking about drafting Trevor Lawrence and it's asinine

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So you dont think that Sam is a potential FQB, because if he is you dont do it.

Makes no sense to do it if you believe.

And its apparent that JD does 

If Sam is better you can always trade the prospect

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If there is no season, anyone even fathoming drafting a quarterback in 2021 needs their ******* head examined. Experience is by far the most necessary component for a prospect and a recent year of play if 100% required for drafting a QB high. Two seasons as a starter is usually fine but if we're talking giving up multiple assets to move up and draft someone that did not play their junior and senior seasons that would be the Jetsiest thing ever done.

Exactly.

"Hey, let's move on from our extremely talented young prospect, who we all knew needed time to grow because he only played 2 college seasons, for an extremely talented prospect who needs to grow because he has only 1-2 years of playing time in college.  Better yet, let's put him into the same sh*tty/barebones situation we put our last prospect in because we had to trade up for him, just like the last guy.  What could possibly go wrong???"

At least Sam had sophomore and junior years.  

The only QB I'd touch from this class if there's no collegiate season is Lawrence, and I don't think we'll be in a position to grab him.  Fields and Lance need a lot more time in the oven, and I'm saying this as a fan of both of them.

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I love Beningo but the guy has gone off the reservation since the Adams trade.  Today during the Glauber interview he was acting like the Jets will be lucky to win 2 games this year and Sam will be cut by next January 

Be careful.  This is the type of thing that got the Washington Football Team in trouble.

On 8/5/2020 at 6:22 PM, jetscrazey said:

The guy showed upwards progression in every major statistical category from Year 1 to Year 2, with a bottom 5 O-line and a below average receiver group.

Yeah, the mono thing sucked.  The MNF mic'd up moment sucked.  But people are talking about this guy like he regressed in year 2 when he actually improved in every area, at age 23.

And now we're talking about jumping ship on him and drafting a brand new guy if a COVID affected season doesn't go well?  It's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

Doubt he ever escapes the ghost debacle.

On 8/5/2020 at 3:22 PM, jetscrazey said:

The guy showed upwTTTLards progression in every major statistical category from Year 1 to Year 2, with a bottom 5 O-line and a below average receiver group.

Yeah, the mono thing sucked.  The MNF mic'd up moment sucked.  But people are talking about this guy like he regressed in year 2 when he actually improved in every area, at age 23.

And now we're talking about jumping ship on him and drafting a brand new guy if a COVID affected season doesn't go well?  It's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

Darnold is an excellent QB who would bring a huge return in a trade, but if the Jets have the number one pick in next years draft you take TL, the guy is another Mahomes, I can't imagine the Jets being the worst team in the NFL this year, but teams like the Lions and Cowboys, somebody should tank for this guy, he's going to blow people away.

7 hours ago, Riggins said:

Darnold is an excellent QB who would bring a huge return in a trade, but if the Jets have the number one pick in next years draft you take TL, the guy is another Mahomes, I can't imagine the Jets being the worst team in the NFL this year, but teams like the Lions and Cowboys, somebody should tank for this guy, he's going to blow people away.

The patriots will be picking #1 overall next year

17 hours ago, Riggins said:

So if available you're suggesting we don't take a safety or a D-Lineman??? :)

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Beningo is an idiot and the worst representative of Jets fans.

Oh man, I love Benigno (though not so much the past year or so).  He's fun to listen to when the team is bad because he helps me laugh at the pain.  I agree he's too negative overall (especially lately!) but I've enjoyed his banter quite a bit over the years.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Oh man, I love Benigno (though not so much the past year or so).  He's fun to listen to when the team is bad because he helps me laugh at the pain.  I agree he's too negative overall (especially lately!) but I've enjoyed his banter quite a bit over the years.

not alot to be positive about when your teams are the Mets, Jets and Knicks

50 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So if available you're suggesting we don't take a safety or a D-Lineman??? :)

How about an offensive lineman who struggles with pass blocking ?

But if there\s another Louisville Slugger that would be hard to resist !

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The point of the Jets is not to win games. They exist, get beat and collect the money. Winning doesn't pay more than starving the roster

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Whatever, you cry about money all the time.  

Whats the point of watching major pro sports?  They all make money, especially football.  So, what's newsworthy there?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Whatever, you cry about money all the time.  

Whats the point of watching major pro sports?  They all make money, especially football.  So, what's newsworthy there?

the NFL is a communism dividing all 32 teams equal 

we only know this because the city of Green Bay has open books 

the point of pro sports is because generally anything can happen. It's the realest reality show. Phoenix Suns go 6-0 in a bubble restart. 

the Jets starving the roster, trading their best players, we know what's going to happen. This team doesn't have a Devin Booker and if they did, they would have traded him by now. 

talk about crying I want the Jets to win but this place is far too optimistic about the chances of this happening.

I'm not going to win any miss congeniality awards but this could be the worst season for a while 

they travel 31000 miles. They play the SB champs and the SB runners up. They fly to the west coast 3 times. 

Darnold Busts, Gase gets fired, they win 4 games

Change my mind 

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the NFL is a communism dividing all 32 teams equal 

we only know this because the city of Green Bay has open books 

the point of pro sports is because generally anything can happen. It's the realest reality show. Phoenix Suns go 6-0 in a bubble restart. 

the Jets starving the roster, trading their best players, we know what's going to happen. This team doesn't have a Devin Booker and if they did, they would have traded him by now. 

talk about crying I want the Jets to win but this place is far too optimistic about the chances of this happening.

I'm not going to win any miss congeniality awards but this could be the worst season for a while 

they travel 31000 miles. They play the SB champs and the SB runners up. They fly to the west coast 3 times. 

Darnold Busts, Gase gets fired, they win 4 games

Change my mind 

The Jets traded away one player who wanted to hold them hostage to renegotiate the contract he signed in good faith with no one twisting his arm

He did everything a player can do to get his ass traded.  He insulted and criticized the owner, the GM and his HC.

Your theory that this is some kind of proof beyond what any team would do in that situation causes you to fail on your money angle

As far as the schedule, I've seen it and yes it looks tough today.  Ive watched a lot more football than you have but still you should realize that the schedule today isnt always the same bear is seems when it actually plays out.  So we'll see is the approach here.  

Have no idea what this has to do with my original response to your post about money but fine.  

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Have no idea what this has to do with my original response to your post about money but fine.  

the New York Football Jets, being 30 million dollars under the cap, are among teams like WAS and CLE in top 5 cap space. These are not winning franchises. 

Spending money is not the only key to winning but if you can't even spend to the floor 2 years out of every 4 you're hamstringing the chances before the season starts. 

there's no reason for the Jets to operate like the Pittsburgh Pirates by the way. They aren't a "Small market" team but this board seems to rejoice every time a player gets cut, or signs a 1 year deal.  there were many who saw the CJ opt out as a great cap opportunity to cut Q enunwa. 

winning in the NFL is extremely difficult. there's 31 losers and 1 winner every year 

a team like the Jets to leave this much unspent, to use their cap space on cuts, are confining themselves to the scrap heap before it even starts. at least for 2020

and truth of the matter I don't believe the word "REBUILD" means anything in the NFL. Career lengths are 3 years you don't rebuild you reload. All rebuilding makes sure of is a culture of losing.  the Jets have been rebuilding since Rex and while it's nice to imagine some sort of juggernaut built by JD in 2022 the reality is they will probably have another new QB and another new HC by then

it's the endless rebuild

this isn't hollywood there isn't going to be a Major League like scenario where Vyncynt Smith is actually Willy Mays Hayes

they will stink because the ownership are not financially committed to winning 

is that clear enough, sir? :)

21 hours ago, bitonti said:

the New York Football Jets, being 30 million dollars under the cap, are among teams like WAS and CLE in top 5 cap space. These are not winning franchises. 

Spending money is not the only key to winning but if you can't even spend to the floor 2 years out of every 4 you're hamstringing the chances before the season starts. 

there's no reason for the Jets to operate like the Pittsburgh Pirates by the way. They aren't a "Small market" team but this board seems to rejoice every time a player gets cut, or signs a 1 year deal.  there were many who saw the CJ opt out as a great cap opportunity to cut Q enunwa. 

winning in the NFL is extremely difficult. there's 31 losers and 1 winner every year 

a team like the Jets to leave this much unspent, to use their cap space on cuts, are confining themselves to the scrap heap before it even starts. at least for 2020

and truth of the matter I don't believe the word "REBUILD" means anything in the NFL. Career lengths are 3 years you don't rebuild you reload. All rebuilding makes sure of is a culture of losing.  the Jets have been rebuilding since Rex and while it's nice to imagine some sort of juggernaut built by JD in 2022 the reality is they will probably have another new QB and another new HC by then

it's the endless rebuild

this isn't hollywood there isn't going to be a Major League like scenario where Vyncynt Smith is actually Willy Mays Hayes

they will stink because the ownership are not financially committed to winning 

is that clear enough, sir? :)

And like I responded to your other posts trying to make the Jets cheap theyre nowhere on the list of teams that spent the least over the past 6 seasons so your point is just as wrong today as it was last time you made the erroneous point.  I dont know how to explain it to you again.  This year we have space under the cap.  Happens but youre trying to make it a financial play as opposed to sometimes it works out that way or theyre planning for the future.

You have no clue what youre talking about money wise.  Sorry, that just the way it is

So, take a minute and hazard a guess as to which owners you believe have spent the least on actual payroll the past four seasons. Make a list of who you figure are the six lowest-spending teams in the NFL from 2016-19.

OK, are you ready? Here are the actual bottom spenders, culled from NFLPA salary numbers, over that span (rounded to the nearest thousand).

Cowboys: $634,379,000
Texans: $646,479,000
Bills: $648,442,000
Colts: $654,999,000
Chargers: $658,299,000
Ravens: $678,220,000
Browns: $687,708,000

That is your bottom 20 percent in spending in the league in that time frame...I'd presume seeing Jerah's World at the bottom of this list would surprise some people (and seeing the Ravens that low as well probably would too, since their annual woes with the salary cap have become a narrative).

I'll bet for the 2nd time the cheap angle ends with this and you go ghost. 

• Post of the Week 1