A safety that covers, creates turnovers and has a good attitude, the anti-Adams

On 8/7/2020 at 2:38 PM, bitonti said:

NFL scouts talk about players like tire treads

Adams is brand new 8/8  

McDougal is like 3/8 good enough to pass inspection for 1 more year 

If you divide 8 by 8 you get 1.  Which coincidentally is 1/2 of Jamal Adams’ career interceptions 

• Haha 2

On 8/6/2020 at 1:32 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I've maintained that McDougald can do 80 % of what Adams does at a fraction of a cost.  That statement admits that Adams is better.  Adams is also 5 years younger, so of course that needs to be factored in as well.

But yeah, it'll be nice to get a Safety who intercepts passes and is a good teammate who acts like a professional.  I'll be OK with him missing a few tackles on RBs in that exchange.  Even if McDougald is only here 1-3 years.

This!

Also, I've got a lot of hope tied into Davis being a legit centerfielder with that speed. I can absolutely see a scenario where Maye/Davis/Mcd form a more impactful secondary than Adams/Maye

• Upvote 1

Mcdonald was in danger of not making the Seattle roster

Now matter how you quantify it, it is a definite downgrade in coverage for Seattle.  He must think Jamal is his time portal back to his Legion of Boom.  Carroll is nearing the end of his career and I get why he's doing this. Not too many chances left and he outright pissed away a Lombardi the last time.  

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

We said the exact same thing about Revis. He got his ring. Instinct players are rare af

I don't wish Adams any ill will, but one of the reasons I wanted him traded and feel he's overrated is that he's just simply not an elite athlete to begin with. He's a smart player, very instinctive, high motor, well-prepared, all good stuff! But when he loses a step, his effectiveness is gonna fall off a cliff because he's already getting by on his primarily on his smarts. He's not like these freak athletes that get by on raw ability young, and then on their experience later. 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You 33 haters cherry pick statistics
Let's talk about defensive touchdowns and how rare those are

Stripped Daniel Jones for one TD (after which Jones threw two long TD strikes down the middle of the field). Other TD came on lone pick of the year on Jarrett Stidham during a Pats blowout where Brady didn’t even break a sweat putting up 30.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Stripped Daniel Jones for one TD (after which Jones threw two long TD strikes down the middle of the field). Other TD came on lone pick of the year on Jarrett Stidham during a Pats blowout where Brady didn’t even break a sweat putting up 30.

He was in the same zip code for one of Daniel Jones’s 38 fumbles last season -  he’s Troy Polumalu!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Shane, for someone so obsessed with statistics you should realize the massive number 2 DTD is for the NFL, and the type of players who make these players 

there were only 7 players in the league to score 2 or more DTD in 2019 and with the exception of one, these are all dominant superstar plays 

it's not like someone's out there scoring 5 DTD a year. 2 is a massive number, however it happens.

here's the list for 2019 of players with 2 or more DTD: 

• Marcus Peters - 2 teams Rams and Ravens - 3 INT TD (3x Pro Bowl, 2x All Pro, 2015 DPOTY)
  • Stephon Gilmore - NEP - 2 INT TD (3x Pro Bowl, 2x All Pro, 2019 DPOTY)
  • Marlon Humphrey - BAL - 2 Fum TD (1x All Pro, 1x Pro Bowl)
  • Ndamukong Suh - TB - 2 Fum TD (5x Pro Bowl, 3x All Pro, 2010 DROY)
  • Devin White - TB - 2 Fum TD (all rookie team)
  • Erik Harris - OAK - 2 INT TD (the only non superstar on the list) 

and Jamal Adams 2x All Pro 1x Pro Bowl is the only one to be on both the Fumble list and the DTD list 

11 minutes ago, slats said:

How close are those two first round picks to falling off a cliff? 

you mean the 2 first round picks from the cancelled CFB season? 

it's going to be like drafting out of a magazine

that's why the "Haul" was so great. The entire 2021 draft class is not going to have games to develop as players 

even if JD and his scouts are masters these guys need to play games to get better

and side note this Jets franchise is currently at the bottom of the cliff

they lost their best 2 players in july it's going to be an abomination of a season 

as usual

• Thumb Down 2

33 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Shane, for someone so obsessed with statistics you should realize the massive number 2 DTD is for the NFL, and the type of players who make these players 

there were only 7 players in the league to score 2 or more DTD in 2019 and with the exception of one, these are all dominant superstar plays 

it's not like someone's out there scoring 5 DTD a year. 2 is a massive number, however it happens.

here's the list for 2019 of players with 2 or more DTD: 

• Marcus Peters - 2 teams Rams and Ravens - 3 INT TD (3x Pro Bowl, 2x All Pro, 2015 DPOTY)
  • Stephon Gilmore - NEP - 2 INT TD (3x Pro Bowl, 2x All Pro, 2019 DPOTY)
  • Marlon Humphrey - BAL - 2 Fum TD (1x All Pro, 1x Pro Bowl)
  • Ndamukong Suh - TB - 2 Fum TD (5x Pro Bowl, 3x All Pro, 2010 DROY)
  • Devin White - TB - 2 Fum TD (all rookie team)
  • Erik Harris - OAK - 2 INT TD (the only non superstar on the list) 

and Jamal Adams 2x All Pro 1x Pro Bowl is the only one to be on both the Fumble list and the DTD list 

Peters and Gilmore are the two best CB1s in the sport and both make around $12 mil per. Humphrey is on a rookie deal. Suh is washed, and White is an ILB. Other then Suh, you couldn’t get any one of those players in trade for Jamal Adams. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

you mean the 2 first round picks from the cancelled CFB season? 

it's going to be like drafting out of a magazine

that's why the "Haul" was so great. The entire 2021 draft class is not going to have games to develop as players 

even if JD and his scouts are masters these guys need to play games to get better

and side note this Jets franchise is currently at the bottom of the cliff

they lost their best 2 players in july it's going to be an abomination of a season 

as usual

You're just setting the table to eat some serious crow during the coming season.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Peters and Gilmore are the two best CB1s in the sport and both make around $12 mil per. Humphrey is on a rookie deal. Suh is washed, and White is an ILB. Other then Suh, you couldn’t get any one of those players in trade for Jamal Adams. 

This was never going to be a player for player deal. Bradley McDougal is not as asset he's a guy the seahawks wanted to upgrade upon and were going to cut

I suspect 2 first round picks plus a 3rd (Jamal Adams' market value) would make all those GMs answer their phone and give it a serious think-see

16 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You're just setting the table to eat some serious crow during the coming season.

hungry for crow

• Thumb Down 1

On 8/9/2020 at 8:28 AM, bitonti said:

Would you like to make a bet on darnold being resigned? 100 bucks to the charity of the winners choice if he walks

Ok deal. So he walks because Jets refuse to give him that big fattie 100M contract they didn’t give Jamal since they feel his play wasn’t worth it. But  that won’t be the issue because he will shine the next 2 years. It will be because he’s California Dreamin. So you’d lose either way. So pay up now ??‍♂️