Will Ed Oliver be suspended?

10 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Breathalyzer measures alcohol... On breath... Not drugs... Yes there are many drugs that clear your blood system weeks later... Get real

His blood was drawn before he was booked. What’s this about “weeks later”?

https://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/buffalo-bills-defensive-tacle-busted-fordwi-by-montgomery-county/

There is zero chance he’ll be suspended.

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Biggs said:

Oliver responded on Twitter saying, "I had a beer can between my legs get the f*** out of here how does a 5’8 officer see inside a window above his head anyway. how do 5 cop cars show up before I take a sobriety test huh"

Sounds like Mr. Oliver doesn't believe he had an open beer in his lap.  

Yeah the open beer thing makes no sense.

are we really to believe that five cops (including one DUI expert) huddled together and came to this conclusion:

”So guys, we’ve got an NFL player here. Whatever we do from here on out is gonna get a lot of public scrutiny, so mind your p’s and q’s. This guy just blew a 0.00 on his breathalyzer, but I think he got something in his system.

We’re gonna arrest him. That’s a big move here, so we gotta get all the evidence we can to make sure the charge sticks. Save the dash-cam footage, and take him to get his blood drawn. Now, he’s got an open beer in his front seat. That right there is a rock solid charge by itself, and’ll go a long way to show probable cause for his arrest.

Here’s what we’re gonna do with that. We’re gonna ignore it. We’re not gonna put it into evidence, and we’re not gonna tack on the charge of driving with an open container. We’re gonna put all our eggs into the blood test, because that’s the best way to ensure this thing doesn’t totally blow up in our face. Cowboys on three!”

Nah, the more likely explanation is the one that’s been reported, that the beer can was empty, and Oliver was using it as a spittoon for his chew.

• Upvote 1