Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Another scrub takes 150K.

You do realize he has to pay it back if he's not on the Jets roster next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RobR said:

He also has to pay it back if he's not on the roster next year.

NFL may just write that stipend off as no one really important ended up opting out. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

NFL may just write that stipend off as no one really important ended up opting out. 

Possibly but that's not the rule. They're basically getting a $150k interest free loan for a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Hopefully JD can make a trade with Pittsburgh for Ju-Ju Smith Schuster.

Give them Sam, maybe? 😜

Trojan for Trojan?

 

 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Another scrub takes 150K.

Would have made more just stating thru camp no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’d so much rather use this season to look at Cager and George Campbell than Doctson anyway. Also, if either of them wash out, opens up space for Demaryius Thomas.

Vincynt with a Y too. I think with Cager & these other young guys Doctson saw the writing on the wall & opted out before the Turk did it for him. I really wasn't expecting anything From him anyway, and this 16 game preseason is the perfect year for us to find some diamonds in the rough. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, wasn't Cager already getting praise by one of our WR coaches? Doctson was fighting for the last spot in the WR group, with some guys that already know the playbook, and youngsters with a lot more athletic ability. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Welcome to the team, Lawrence Cager

Cager for the win?

1519527_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RobR said:

He also has to pay it back if he's not on the roster next year.

I really hope the Jets go after him for that advanced money since he WON'T make the team next year. Really disappointed in him. Here was perhaps his last chance to have an NFL career and he grabs some quick loot and runs away. Sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with everyone who thinks Doctson wasn't going to make the team, anyway. I had Crowder, Perriman, Mims, Berrios, Vyncint Smith, and Berrios as near locks with Cager the favorite for the 6th spot before this announcement. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think Gase wanted Anderson off the team regardless

This is what I believe.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, slats said:

I agree with everyone who thinks Doctson wasn't going to make the team, anyway. I had Crowder, Perriman, Mims, Berrios, Vyncint Smith, and Berrios as near locks with Cager the favorite for the 6th spot before this announcement. 

You must really like Berrios, as you have him making the team twice. 

Seriously though, I have the same six with Jehu Chesson as a sleeper challenger for the final spot.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is what I believe.

Seemed pretty obvious that Gase was referring to Anderson every time he he complained about receivers not being where they’re supposed to be, especially when Darnold was out. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seemed pretty obvious that Gase was referring to Anderson every time he he complained about receivers not being where they’re supposed to be, especially when Darnold was out. 

Robby is a talented, but limited, player. That fact that his FA market was so slow, and he had to opt for $20M over 2 years from his old college coach, pretty much confirms that other NFL teams have a similar view of his worth as the Jets did.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Robby is a talented, but limited, player. That fact that his FA market was so slow, and he had to opt for $20M over 2 years from his old college coach, pretty much confirms that other NFL teams have a similar view of his worth as the Jets did.

Macc would have handed him $16M per over 4 years, with $25-30M fully guaranteed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:


Until he gets hurt week one.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I hear ya.  The guy really struggled to stay in the lineup last year and even when he played, he was often less than 100%.  Nobody knows that better than me.  But when he was in the lineup, we were a different team offensively and Jake Fromm was a much better QB. 

Given the injury history, I would not have wanted to spend a pick on the guy, but as a UDFA, I am rooting for him.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Vincynt with a Y too. I think with Cager & these other young guys Doctson saw the writing on the wall & opted out before the Turk did it for him. I really wasn't expecting anything From him anyway, and this 16 game preseason is the perfect year for us to find some diamonds in the rough. 

With Cannon gone, I think Vincynt Smith is the #1 gunner.  Not as important as punt returner, but I recall reading that he was excelling. 

4 hours ago, mrcoops said:

You must really like Berrios, as you have him making the team twice. 

Seriously though, I have the same six with Jehu Chesson as a sleeper challenger for the final spot.

I was thinking the same thing about slats post.  My sleeper is Jeffery Smith.  Guy has crazy measurables and a great TD per touch ratio.  They must like him, giving him run at the end of last year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

With Cannon gone, I think Vincynt Smith is the #1 gunner.  Not as important as punt returner, but I recall reading that he was excelling. 

I was thinking the same thing about slats post.  My sleeper is Jeffery Smith.  Guy has crazy measurables and a great TD per touch ratio.  They must like him, giving him run at the end of last year.  

I had actually completely forgotten about Jeff Smith.  Great athlete who could help out at WR, RB, on specials and maybe even as an option QB if needed.  He's definitely a contender for that final spot too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our receivers really suck.  Good thing we aren’t even thinking about AB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I had actually completely forgotten about Jeff Smith.  Great athlete who could help out at WR, RB, on specials and maybe even as an option QB if needed.  He's definitely a contender for that final spot too.

Yeah, it will depend how he does on specials.  The rare Maccagnan pickup that Gase seemed warm to.  I wonder if Cager will add anything on specials which might be an issue for him depending on who else they carry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Our receivers really suck.  Good thing we aren’t even thinking about AB

He can't play for the first 8 weeks, and then is likely to last about 8 days before retiring again/getting suspended/getting arrested.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

He can't play for the first 8 weeks, and then is likely to last about 8 days before retiring again/getting suspended/getting arrested.

And by week 8 Perriman and Herndon will be on IR and Gase will be throwing Sam Darnold under the bus because Gase can’t scheme open scrub WRs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And by week 8 Perriman and Herndon will be on IR and Gase will be throwing Sam Darnold under the bus because Gase can’t scheme open scrub WRs

Im intrigued by the WRs we have.

Can't wait to actually see them in action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Probably knew he wasn't going to make the squad and gauged the risk to reward ratio.   Smart move.  Wish him well in whatever he chooses going forward.

This

19 hours ago, RobR said:

He also has to pay it back if he's not on the roster next year.

There's no way that's true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, derp said:

Agree with those who didn't think Doctson was making the team. I also think depth is less the Jets' issue at WR than top end talent. Lots of WR4-6 types.

George Campbell will be a superstar because the Jets are due, everyone is talking about Cager, and I said so.

George is a dark horse. He’s got speed, size, hands. If not for injuries, this guy would have been easily drafted by the third round. You just don’t find guys with his physical skills get looked over.  He’s very similar to Mims. Can just overpower DB’s with his size and knows how to track the ball well. I’d prefer to keep both Cager AND George. That’s 4 WR’s who are 6’4 or taller - Mims, Perriman, Cager, George. That’s a nightmare in the red zone and 3 of the 4 are blazers. Don’t sleep on this sleeper.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

There's no way that's true

It's 100% true. He only signed a one year contract and has already received his signing bonus so if he doesn't make the team next year since he will still be under contract, he has to pay that 150k back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 7:34 AM, T0mShane said:

Seemed pretty obvious that Gase was referring to Anderson every time he he complained about receivers not being where they’re supposed to be, especially when Darnold was out. 

Agreed. And it would support the idea of letting him walk.  Let's let Gase get the guys who are smart enough to understand whatever he is trying to get going then.  We'll have the smartest team in the league. 

That UDFA Hilbers was nicknamed the professor by his teammates. So there's that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 4:41 PM, darook said:

 

Apparently he opted out right before tge deadline. I think we were already thin at WR.

 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Happy to hear this. Personally, that signing did nothing for me and I would rather an UDFA like Cager get his snaps in camp/preseason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...