Jets fans will get to see a better Le'Veon Bell in 2020, the lighter version.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:01 PM, Losmeister said:

had top 10 run blocking line from 2014-2017

Rottenburger ranked 1, 5, 8 and 5

and peak AB.....1st team all prox4

interesting that JN ignore the fact that he had all pros all aroundhim in Pitt.

and it's "Gase doesn't know how to utilize him properly"

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2020 at 12:02 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Throw out the data from the Manning years.  When you look at the data with Darnold, Cutler, Tannehill, etc its mixed results at best. 

If the Jets O is going to be above average this year, it all comes down to Darnold to make that happen.

What a load of BS this is... “throw out all the data from the Manning years” ????

Because it couldn’t be possible that Peyton is better than Darnold, Cutler and Tannehill, right?

Nah, let’s go with your rhythm thing instead.

• Upvote 2

On 8/6/2020 at 6:25 PM, T0mShane said:

It would be such an amazing story if Bell comes out and puts up 1,200 yards of offense. It’s almost shocking that he hasn’t been a malcontent pain in the ass with everything going on around him. You’d almost like to see him rewarded with a good season behind what is, on paper, a passable offensive line and a (presumably) improved Darnold.

I was completely against signing Bell last off season. Most of that based on my feeling that he was a Jamal (I think I'm going to start using that as a title for toxic, cancerous, immature, bitch-ass divas). With everything going on, he handled himself like a true professional and I think we will see him emerge as a leader in this locker room. I'd love nothing more than to see him have a CBPOY type season. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm pretty skeptical of that. 4% body fat isn't healthy for an athlete, that's what body builders cut to.

You are correct. More than likely the measurement is inaccurate. Even gold standards BF methods such as DEXA and hydrostatic aren't reliable.  Pro bodybuilders are 4% BF pre-contest.  Bell would need to be in a calorie deficit to get that low and it would hurt him on the football field.  Bottom line is it doesn't really matter what his BF is as long as he is in great shape.  If he thinks he's 4%, knock yourself out.

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2020 at 8:11 PM, FidelioJet said:

It’s a nice story but he’s finished.  Guys don’t get faster as they get older.

Bell’s done.

I can't call him done just yet. Too much of his game is predicated on the oline. I don't think we are ever going to get a Bell that's worth 15mil/yr, but that was always going to be the case.

6 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I was completely against signing Bell last off season. Most of that based on my feeling that he was a Jamal (I think I'm going to start using that as a title for toxic, cancerous, immature, bitch-ass divas). With everything going on, he handled himself like a true professional and I think we will see him emerge as a leader in this locker room. I'd love nothing more than to see him have a CBPOY type season. 

Agree 100% on the player. Didn't want him, didn't like his hold out in Pittsburgh, but he's actually surprised me with his professionalism during a very tough season for him. I hope he has a CPoY season, too. That would only be good for the Jets, who would then be fielding calls about him before the trade deadline. He won't be on the Jets next season, and I'll wish him well (almost!) wherever he went. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/6/2020 at 8:11 PM, FidelioJet said:

It’s a nice story but he’s finished.  Guys don’t get faster as they get older.

Bell’s done.

Mr Positivity.  You’re so predictable.   If they cure cancer you’ll complain about the cost.  

Is there anything Jets related that you are happy about or see as a positive?

• Haha 3

On 8/6/2020 at 6:41 PM, Jetscode1 said:

You mean Gase's leadership?

Yeah, thats what was the problem

Not the OL

Not the year he missed over his contract in Pitt

Not being slowed down by that 15 extra pounds he couldn't lose after the year off

Not the QB play

Its always blame the HC.  Not the obvious

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2020 at 8:21 PM, FidelioJet said:

I was on board with the signing for sure.  But I didn’t realize how much of his burst he lost in the year off.  

Wether I liked the signing or not doesn’t make it a good one.  Bottom line is, he’s too slow to be an effective NFL RB anymore.  I don’t care what type of game he had.

Because a RB wouldn't look quicker with the ball, seeing and hitting a hole thats actually there as opposed to a RB who is immediately hit in the backfield or when a hole isnt there? 

Its all the same to you?  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Mr Positivity.  You’re so predictable.   If they cure cancer you’ll complain about the cost.  

Is there anything Jets related that you are happy about or see as a positive?

I’m actually usually not an overly negative fan. But this team, as constituted, is downright awful. I used to be a positive fan, and will be if there’s reason to be   

it’s just right now there are so few things to be excited about and many to be negative about. 

1) We have an offensive HC that’s consistently putting out the worst offenses in the league. 
2) Likely the least talented roster in the NFL  
3) The GM is a huge question mark.
4) Ownership is just a mess, we’re not even sure who’s in charge    

It’s about as bad as I can remember and as a Jet fan that’s saying a lot. 

As far as positives, I love Sam. I believe he’s a top 5 QB talent, but the team needs to put the right pieces in place to help him. I’m not actually sure they understand that.  Or more likely, I don’t think the GM wants to keep him.  All the signs from JD seems to be he wants his own QB. 

I’m also high on Mims, Zuniga and can't wait to watch our punter (we’re sure to see a lot of him)  But when it comes to rookies, we really just don’t know. But I love those three.

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Jet fans keep saying saying but in the same breath saying he came in 15 pounds overweight.  
It’s easy to say the right things but showing up, after the huge contract, out of shape and 15 pounds overweight should be unforgivable to Jet fans. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

As far as positives, I love Sam. I believe he’s a top 5 QB talent, but the team needs to put the right pieces in place to help him. I’m not actually sure they understand that.  Or more likely, I don’t think the GM wants to keep him.  All the signs from JD seems to be he wants his own QB. 

I really dont see how you can be watching this offseason and say that.  Douglas told Sams parents that he wanted to help Sam then went out and signed a whole new set of lineman and Perriman, drafted 2 more OL, and drafted a WR who you “love” and a RB.

So what are the “signs” that you're seeing that indicate Douglas wants his own QB?   That he traded Adams when he couldnt make him happy?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Jet fans keep saying saying but in the same breath saying he came in 15 pounds overweight.  
It’s easy to say the right things but showing up, after the huge contract, out of shape and 15 pounds overweight should be unforgivable to Jet fans. 

Unforgivable is what Wilkerson did.  What Trumaine Johnson did.  They pocketed the money and took a dive.

Bell still played hard.  His effort in pass blocking was strong, he protected Sam when the OL whiffed.  He recognized he wasn't fit enough, and has spent the offseason correcting it. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This makes no sense 

---

whether the moves work out or not is still to be determined, but

JD #1 priority and action has been building around Sam.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

I really dont see how you can be watching this offseason and say that.  Douglas told Sams parents that he wanted to help Sam then went out and signed a whole new set of lineman and Perriman, drafted 2 more OL, and drafted a WR who you “love” and a RB.

So what are the “signs” that you're seeing that indicate Douglas wants his own QB?   That he traded Adams when he couldnt make him happy?

He signed a slew of other teams back up OL and let our best offensive weapon go.

This offense was, literally, the worst in the NFL and the offensive roster has been downgraded. At best it’s flat.  

if he truly believed in Sam he would have brought in quality players instead of back ups.   
In the NFL teams turn around YOY with quality QB play. You don’t have to go through a roster slashing like this if you had any faith in the QB.  

21 minutes ago, ljr said:

This makes no sense 

---

I couldn’t disagree more. 
he does seem to want to build a real offense, but it feels to me like Sam is being sacrificed while he rebuilds.  If/when the pieces are in place Sam will be let go.  

• Thumb Down 1

19 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Clearly we are just a super forgiving bunch. ☺

On 8/6/2020 at 8:35 PM, YankeeJet22 said:

Curtis Martin lost his burst around the 2001 season... and still had two 1,500 yard seasons after that. Bell has much more left.

It really is all about a good line, and commitment by the coaching staff to run it. 

Did Curtis ever really have burst ? He was a great back but it was more vision and finding his holes than it was burst I think he only ran in the 4.6 range if I'm not mistaken. Arian Foster was the same way. Great vision always trumps blazing speed as a RB anyway its rare you see both Like the Sanders and Dickersons of the world .... Bell is capable of 1000 R 800 + Rec if the Jets feature him but they wont . Thing is if you feature him he opens up the entire offense kind of like he did in Pitt and Faulk did in LA, that wears backs down but in the grand scheme of things that's what you should do with great backs let them run like Crazy with high touches then when they get old throw them in the committee situation just like Tomlinson ...trying to spare great backs when they are young is dumb because when they hit that 30 + Mark they all slow down because their body just takes too much punishment. They all love to run and be involved so run em and throw to em till they drop and replace . Whether thats 5 years of NFL life or 10 remains to be seen

20 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Unforgivable is what Wilkerson did.  What Trumaine Johnson did.  They pocketed the money and took a dive.

Bell still played hard.  His effort in pass blocking was strong, he protected Sam when the OL whiffed.  He recognized he wasn't fit enough, and has spent the offseason correcting it. 

Bell played hard last season despite a piss poor OL, offensive coaching and Gase dogging him.  Gotta respect that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Did Curtis ever really have burst ? He was a great back but it was more vision and finding his holes than it was burst I think he only ran in the 4.6 range if I'm not mistaken. Arian Foster was the same way. Great vision always trumps blazing speed as a RB anyway its rare you see both Like the Sanders and Dickersons of the world .... Bell is capable of 1000 R 800 + Rec if the Jets feature him but they wont . Thing is if you feature him he opens up the entire offense kind of like he did in Pitt and Faulk did in LA, that wears backs down but in the grand scheme of things that's what you should do with great backs let them run like Crazy with high touches then when they get old throw them in the committee situation just like Tomlinson ...trying to spare great backs when they are young is dumb because when they hit that 30 + Mark they all slow down because their body just takes too much punishment. They all love to run and be involved so run em and throw to em till they drop and replace . Whether thats 5 years of NFL life or 10 remains to be seen

Cumar had excellent vision and timing.  He knew how to let plays and blocks develop

i think an underrated aspect of players like Martin and Jerry Rice was conditioning.  Cumar never wore down or got tired in games in fact he would get stronger even when he was one of the oldest players on the field.  That’s something that can’t be measured by the combine 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ljr said:

This makes no sense 

---

LMAO! So Fidelio thinks Sam is top 5, but our GM who has practically been involved in football his entire life can't see what Fidelio sees in Sam? Interesting....but stupid.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I couldn’t disagree more. 
he does seem to want to build a real offense, but it feels to me like Sam is being sacrificed while he rebuilds.  If/when the pieces are in place Sam will be let go.  

what moves do you think he should have done, but didn't, to show that he is supporting Sam and wants to keep him as our QB?