2021 draft picks increasing in value?

On 8/6/2020 at 7:59 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Some big names in college football are opting out of the 2020 college football season and will be draft eligible in 2021.  Hence, whether a down of college football is played in 2020 or not, some top-end talent will be there for us and our two first rounders.

Some of the draft-eligible names of significance opting out already, with their overall prospect ranking (from thedraftnetwork.com top 600) include:

• LB Micah Parsons, Penn State (# 3)
  • EDGE Gregory Rousseau, Miami (# 7)
  • CB Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech (# 9)
  • WR Rondale Moore, Purdue (# 17)
  • WR Rashod Bateman, Minnesota (# 27)
  • DE Jacub Panasiuk, Michigan State (# 361)
  • OT Jordan Reid, Michigan State (# 444)
  • LB Chandler Wooten, Auburn (NR)
  • QB Josh Jackson, Maryland (NR)

With more to come!  I'll update this list as more names come through.

it looks staked i cant wait for the next years draft

On 8/7/2020 at 1:54 PM, Snell41 said:

I think it means some good players will be had in later round because GM’s do not like using high picks on unknown players. There are juniors that suddenly explode and find their potential in their Senior year that may not have that opportunity. Those will be late round picks that could turn out to be beasts.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just imagine the amount of talent wanting to go to the NFL. 
JD will have 2 #1s, a 2 & 2 threes. Can you imagine the value of trading back to enhance those later picks with guys with crazy upside? 
This is the best group of College insiders this organization has ever had. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure a postponed/suspended season will impact the draft that much on the first two days.  Plenty of tape on the large program guys, lots of time to work guys out, interviews, combine etc.  Where it will have a major impact is for either the small school guys, or the late bloomers.  Small school guys won't have the Sr Bowl/Shrine Game to show their abilities agaisnt Power 5 guys.  I think it will be harder for these guys to get noticed.  Or someone at a major program who has been stuck behind and NFL caliber player on the depth chart, who will not get that opportunity to start and show scouts what he can do on Saturday afternoon.

I still think our second #1 will be valuable, really think it is day 3 that will be impacted most.  And there might be more talent slipping through the crack availalble as UDFA than usual.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:00 AM, Rhg1084 said:

Can’t go wrong drafing another one of the monster o lineman that’s always a safe pick. 

We are not nearly done building the o-line. We have a lot of rentals and one centerpiece. Big need for long term solutions.

• Upvote 1