Sam Darnold looking good in camp

It’s time for the now 3rd annual edition of “”Sam is looking good in camp” thread,Huh?

I’m sure if I take the time to look, I’ll find the usual “Sam is throwing darts with Jordan Palmer in Cali” thread preceding this one by about three weeks?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 10
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

It’s time for the now 3rd annual edition of “”Sam is looking good in camp” thread,Huh?

I’m sure if I take the time to look, I’ll find the usual “Sam is throwing darts with Jordan Palmer in Cali” thread preceding this one by about three weeks?

Has it been 3 years already? Seems like just yesterday 

13 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Darnold has actually only played around 1 1/2 years when injuries factored in.  

There is talk about maybe replacing him.  Let’s see how he performs with an OL that is not 3rd Worst in NFL history and Maybe just Maybe a Running Game for the very first time as a Pro.

So No OL and No Running Game and obviously the least amount of time to throw of any QB in the league......why No Playoffs?

He’ll be just fine.

I’ve never seen a NY athlete get a free pass like Sam has from Jets fans.

Two bottom 5 seasons, yet nothing is his fault.

Every other Macc pick gets raked over the coals, but not Sammy.

Ghosts, walking boot “injury”, mono, and yet people here still say dumb stuff like “Favre is his floor” or they’d still take him over Lamar Jackson.

Amazing.

• Thumb Down 13
  • Sympathy 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This from a dumb ass that thinks baker mayfield is the shizzle and spent all of last year praising his hero and making excuses for him.

Funny, you couldn’t argue one of my points, and could only resort to the above nonsense.

Is it my fault we picked the 4th best QB in ‘18? 

I don’t think so.

Maybe we luck into Lawrence or Fields next year. 

• Thumb Down 15

26 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Funny, you couldn’t argue one of my points, and could only resort to the above nonsense.

Is it my fault we picked the 4th best QB in ‘18? 

I don’t think so.

Maybe we luck into Lawrence or Fields next year. 

Welp, found out why I haven’t been around here as much.??‍♂️

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I’ll never say “nothing” is his fault.

But if you can’t acknowledge how many times the kid has been forced to play 1 on 11 then you have some kind of bias.  

All the “Ghost” game showed me was that Stumblebum Maccagnan should have been perp walked after that game.  It was criminal.  Darnold assaulted within Point 2 seconds on virtually EVERY snap.  Ive never seen a game like that on any level.  People laugh at him saying “ghosts”.  As fans we are lucky he doesn’t have PTSD.

Has he shown inconsistencies? Absolutely.  He is still learning and the coaches actually say he rarely makes the same mistake twice.  How much more can you ask for at this stage?

6-2, although against a weak schedule, to close out 2019, at least the trajectory is going the right way at present.  Just my opinion, but I don’t think a Mark Sanchez wins more than 1 single game with the refuse that surrounded Darnold since Day 1, but I know it’s setting the bar very low.  Still it’s perspective.

You and I have differed on Sam from the beginning.

I will never knock you for believing in him, but I just don’t see “star” or “elite” when I watch him play.

What I see is a kid with flawed mechanics, who looks overwhelmed an awful lot of the time.

Is he on a bad team? Yes.

Has he shown an ability to make the players around him better? I haven’t seen it.

Can you honestly see him becoming a top 15 QB this year? I can’t. I can see either Mayfield and/or Allen doing it, and Jackson is a given.

With all we gave up to get him, this kid has been a disappointment so far. Maybe he changes that this year, but I’m not betting on it.

• Thumb Down 9

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Your hero has 35 career ints Darnold has 28.  Clevelands talent level is so far above the jets it is laughable and yet baker sh*t his pants.

Apparently his commercials are “Oscar worthy”. So he has that going for him I guess ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

43 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I’ve never seen a NY athlete get a free pass like Sam has from Jets fans.

Two bottom 5 seasons, yet nothing is his fault.

Every other Macc pick gets raked over the coals, but not Sammy.

Ghosts, walking boot “injury”, mono, and yet people here still say dumb stuff like “Favre is his floor” or they’d still take him over Lamar Jackson.

Amazing.

its pretty true. i mean, i think i understand why people wanna block out from their minds all the poor throws and decisions. 

cos we wanna believe the hype is true. cos we are loco from following this franchise and are starving for a qb who olays top 10 at least semi regularly , not onnce every 15-20 yrs.....

• Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Your hero has 35 career ints Darnold has 28.  Clevelands talent level is so far above the jets it is laughable and yet baker sh*t his pants.

Now do games played, total yards, TD passes.

I’ll grant you Baker wasn’t good last year, (still ranked higher than Sam however)but unlike with people here talking about Sam, I won’t make excuses. Baker needs to be better this year.

BTW as far as the talent around him? They were 0-32 the year he got there... maybe if we had those 3 second round picks and the 6th pick in the 1st back, we’d have better talent also.

Same with Allen and the Bills. Going into thee ‘18 season, we were a mirror image talent wise. They just had those extra picks we didn’t and used them wisely.

• Thumb Down 6

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

its pretty true. i mean, i think i understand why people wanna block out from their minds all the poor throws and decisions. 

cos we wanna believe the hype is true. cos we are loco from following this franchise and are starving for a qb who olays top 10 at least semi regularly , not onnce every 15-20 yrs.....

I could see this if the same fan base didn’t hate every other single pick Macc made.

I understand desperately wanting a young QB to work out, but man, the excuses... when does it end?

• Thumb Down 6

17 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Apparently his commercials are “Oscar worthy”. So he has that going for him ? 

You know how you get the commercials? By being good.

Funny how the kid in Cleveland got them, and the one in NY, the advertising capital of the world gets zilch.

• Thumb Down 9
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

You and I have differed on Sam from the beginning.

I will never knock you for believing in him, but I just don’t see “star” or “elite” when I watch him play.

What I see is a kid with flawed mechanics, who looks overwhelmed an awful lot of the time.

Is he on a bad team? Yes.

Has he shown an ability to make the players around him better? I haven’t seen it.

Can you honestly see him becoming a top 15 QB this year? I can’t. I can see either Mayfield and/or Allen doing it, and Jackson is a given.

With all we gave up to get him, this kid has been a disappointment so far. Maybe he changes that this year, but I’m not betting on it.

He’s already a top 15 QB. With a straight face name 14 QBs you think could have done better behind that OL while having mono. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

You know how you get the commercials? By being good.

Funny how the kid in Cleveland got them, and the one in NY, the advertising capital of the world gets zilch.

Well It Doesn’t take much to get crappy commercials playing in Cleveland.  Even For midgets ? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, nico002 said:

He’s already a top 15 QB. With a straight face name 14 QBs you think could have done better behind that OL while having mono. 

I don’t want to argue with you, nico. You’ve been in his corner all day, every day. I respect that. You, @helen of troy and I have been doing this since day one with this kid. If it turns out I’m wrong about him, you’re the only one here I’ll make it a point to admit how wrong I was to.

As for your post,

That whole “there aren’t 14 QBs I wouldn’t take before him isn’t a thing anymore. Hell, there have been about 8 taken in the last 3 years I’d take ahead of him, including this years class. I’m not even going back as far as Mahomes and Watson...

b.I don’t give him a merit badge for getting mono.

• Thumb Down 3

10 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Another Darnold post, and another occurrence of coming out to act condescending to people who root for and show optimism in their team and QB like that isn't the point of this f*cking board.

I know this team isn't rosy or perfect by any means, but ragging on Jets fans for being Jets fans on a Jets forum constantly does no good for anyone. 

Did you post this same type of thing when everyone was ripping Jamal Adams for 6 months, or Adam Gase?

Maybe you did, I just didn’t see it? Or does this only apply to Sam?

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1