GreekJet

Sam Darnold looking good in camp

53 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

jeeez, put a sock in it. Lock started like 3 games in his entire career. Tua & Burrow haven’t touched a NFL football yet. You took this little Darnold topic you stand so different on than the rest of us & you made it your identity here. Give it up. It doesn’t make you special.

And his excuse is "Better than another Jamal thread!"

Nope, its not.  The same shtick gets old, fast.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

It’s just 1 data point.

There are many other data points that point to people (outside of Jets homer land) believing in him as well.

That's nice.  Lots of people believing in Allen will surely make him an accurate passer and good decision maker.  

1 minute ago, GreenCow said:

Maybe not.

But it shows that many people believe he will.

200.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

I like Kyler too.

I know that probably makes me a Cardinals fan too now, but there is something exciting about him.

There is an intangible “IT” factor that some QB’s have. I can’t describe it. But both Allen and Murray have it.

Kyler Murray completed 64.4 % of his throws and just added DeAndre Hopkins.  The excitement is legitimate.

5 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

Do you think that someone who checks down less will naturally have a higher amount of incompletions?

Certainly.  But Allen's horrific career YPA of 6.6 fleshes that out to be a silly defense.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

Glad you agree (I mean, it would be stupid not to agree that checkdowns make a difference in completion percentage).

Here is the top 10 list of LEAST checkdowns by NFL QB.

The next closest QB has thrown nearly DOUBLE the amount of checkdowns as Allen.

6DDAC03E-474B-4EBF-BB6C-14718F85DA8C.jpeg

Again.  Yards per Attempt fleshes that out.  Checking down drops your YPA.  

For Allen, he thus has no excuse for his poor YPA.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreenCow said:

You’re going to have to explain to me how YPA correlates to checkdowns in your scenario.

Are you aware of how YPA is calculated?

Yes.  Yards divided by attempts.  

Chad Pennington, Mr Checkdown Charlie himself, would routinely complete 65+ % of his throws, but his YPA would hover around 6.8-7.2 because he couldn't push the ball down the field.

You would expect Allen, with his deep ball prowess, to be hitting 7.5+ YPA.  But because he's so wildly inaccurate, it sits at 6.6.

Back to you, Greencow, and your condescending posts!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Completion percentage doesn't encapsulate accuracy fully.  All completions are not equal.  Ball placement on completed passes can actually be placed in different areas.  As an example Montana was a genius on ball placement to run his WR free for extra yardage.  Nuance and subtlety often separate the genius from the very good.  NFL QB's who have similar completion percentages can still be vastly better or worse than the guys putting up very similar stats.

That's why YPA is important.  Darnold, with a bottom 5 roster, has put up 6.9 for his career.  Better than Allen's 6.6 with a very solid supporting cast.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

@GreenCow

Admit your fandom you Buffalo swine..... we'll abuse you but we'll respect you more... We may even grow to like you slightly just ask @hamat711

Buffalo:

sesame street trash GIF

Literally every post he's had on this board to date has been about Josh Allen.  lol.

I sure hope he's a Bills fan.  Otherwise Josh might want to file a restraining order.

• Haha 1

lol at the idea of Josh Allen being an "MVP candidate".

Why?  Because some talking head said so?  lol.  

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

*Whispering in 80's ear* 

He's talking about Lamar.

Nope, he's not.  lol.

Clearly, Greencow would like to imagine that the 2018 season didn't exist, as he has no interest in factoring that season for Allen into the equation.  

• Post of the Week 1

On 8/12/2020 at 10:55 AM, DoubleDown said:

I feel like this is obvious, but apparently it needs to be stated.  Accuracy and completion percentage are two completely different concepts.

Accuracy is all about ball placement.  The quarterback puts the ball in an ideal location where only the receiver can catch it and make the most of the completion.  Some examples of accuracy would be hitting a reciever in stride, placing a ball on the back shoulder for a fade, or placing a ball low for a receiver running over the middle to reduce exposure to a big hit.  This is a very tough metric to capture and relies on the eye test and discretion of the observer.

Completion percentage is a catch rate metric.  It can be largely influenced by offensive system, quality of receivers, quality of offensive line suppressing a pass rush, and of course, quarterback accuracy.  Inaccurate passes can end up as completions, and accurate passes can end up as incompletions.  It should also be noted that historically speaking a difference of 3-4% completion percentage over a career or multiple seasons is quite a big difference.

Bottom line, using completion percentage as a comprehensive indicator of accuracy is misguided.  Using adjustments to completion percentage to compare the accuracy of two different quarterbacks is just plain silly.

Well there are metrics out there about ball placement.  I believe PFF has one.  But you have to pay to see it.  So for now, this is all we have.  Completion % when factoring in air yards per attempt and YPA is still useful. 

4 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I love how I come into a thread called "Sam Darnold looking good in camp" figuring maybe I will get some KRL updates or something, only to find dozens of posts by some MadCowDisease guy who has a hard-on for Josh Allen?  Wow.  replying once, twice, maybe three times?  fine.  but this is ridiculous!!

And yet, according to him, we're all the homers.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Throws only Josh Allen can make.

Perfection.

On nearly all of those throws, he had plenty of time, too.  Even stepped up in the pocket on a few of him....only to launch a wildly inaccurate pass.

Now imagine him losing his running ability for one reason or another.  All you're left with is a poor man's Mark Sanchez.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company