GreekJet

Sam Darnold looking good in camp

On 8/6/2020 at 9:54 PM, Trolly McTrollface said:

It’s time for the now 3rd annual edition of “”Sam is looking good in camp” thread,Huh?

I’m sure if I take the time to look, I’ll find the usual “Sam is throwing darts with Jordan Palmer in Cali” thread preceding this one by about three weeks?

Quickly followed up with the "what, youre like fans". response

Thanks, we needed someone to reel us in

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Don’t fret, the reactions to my above post and those that followed prove that there is no “reeling in” when it comes to the emotional attachment and belief that JN has toward it’s favorite son.

Just the idea of someone questioning him is enough to send people here into a frenzy.

After seeing every other Macc pick raked over the coals by the same people, I find it amusing that they remain steadfast that the GM they despise somehow got this one right.

We’re going into year 3 now, and surprisingly, a lot of people here are finally saying this is the year Sam needs to prove he can be a FQB, or the Jets might need to move on.

It should be interesting to watch how this unfolds.

Its not a favorite son, its being able to see past a stat sheet and look at the talent.  If you think a Jones or Tua, who we dont know if he can even play, are better prospects, good for you.  

JN may have a favorite son but you have a favorite whipping boy who you just use to troll the board.  No one is clownish enough to quote QBR 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

There’s something you have to realize about the internet, and message boards like this.

We don’t know each other personally, and know very little, if anything about each other’s personal lives. We’ve pm’ed each other about a few things so I’ll tell you this...

I lost my mother last weekend, and drove up to Long Island immediately. My family buried her earlier this week. When I finally logged back on here, I saw about 40 notifications. Most of them were juvenile quotes or reacts to my supporting Jamal Adams, and not being as crazy about his trade as others.

I simply wasn’t in the mood to reply, but after reading most of them, I felt like returning the favor, so to speak. What’s the easiest way to do it? Question Sam Darnold.

i got to release some steam, watch a bunch of homers implode, and laugh at their reactions. Basically just what the doctor ordered. It gave me a few hours to forget my sorrow, and laugh at the childish feelings of grown men who are way too invested in a 23 year old QB.

.and oh yeah. I’d take any of those QBs over Darnold. I’ve seen two years of him, and guys like Jones (who had a way better rookie year on just as bad a team), Tua and Burrow can’t do any worse.

Hey, didnt know and sincerely am sorry to hear about your mother and for your loss.

But sorry, I'm not taking Jones, Tua, Jones, Ben, Rivers, Burrow, Murray over Sam.  Or Baker.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Yes, because he had a HC who would make Dowell Loggins look qualified.

I thought you dont make excuses?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreenCow said:

This is ALWAYS the excuse with crappy quarterbacks.

Always.

And almost never in NFL history do then end up being good once they get on a good team.

Your guy had a good coach and still cant throw 5 passes in a row where he wants them to go.

Just now, GreenCow said:

Gase is not a good coach.

So youre really going to play this game where you make believe youre a Jet fan?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, GreenCow said:

I realize it’s difficult for homers to think critically, but some fans can respect players in the same division.

Which has what exactly to do with you making believe that youre a Bills fan and having to be called out for it?

8 hours ago, GreenCow said:

And since you like Alex Smith, here is what Alex has to say about 300 yard games...

If you're losing games in the second half, guess what? You're like the Carolina Panthers and you're going no-huddle the entire second half and, yeah, Cam Newton threw for a lot of 300-yard games, that's great," Smith said. "You're not winning, though."

Beason, the Panthers' three-time Pro Bowl linebacker, fired back Friday at San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith via Twitter after comments he perceived were a slam on Carolina teammate Cam Newton.

Beason wrote, "Alex smith, don't hate on Cam (because) your stats would've gotten u cut if Peyton decided to come 2 San Fran. Truth b told. That's after a 13-3 yr."

8 hours ago, GreenCow said:

Just an overall FYI for fans, since Mogglez brought it up...

300 yard passing games mean literally nothing.

In fact, if your QB throws for 300 yards, it most likely means you lost the game.

“...last season there were 132 300-yard passing games in the NFL. The combined record of those 300-yard passers was sub-.500 – 64-66-2. And if you subtracted NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes’ 8-2 mark, th hi ose 300-yard passers won a paltry 46.7 percent of their games.”

More...

Jared Goff passed for 517 yards last week against the Buccaneers. His Rams lost. Aaron Rodgers passed for 422 yards against the Eagles. His Packers also lost. So did the Bengals when Andy Dalton threw for 418 yards on opening day and the Seahawks when Russell Wilson threw for 406 yards against the Saints in Week 3. Former NFL MVP Matt Ryan has passed for 300 yards in all four games this season but his Atlanta Falcons are 1-3 to show for his arm.”

And since he likes Alex Smith, here is what Alex has to say about 300 yard games...

If you're losing games in the second half, guess what? You're like the Carolina Panthers and you're going no-huddle the entire second half and, yeah, Cam Newton threw for a lot of 300-yard games, that's great," Smith said. "You're not winning, though."

No shlt, often 300 yard passing games are because teams losing need offense and go to the air

But it doesnt mean that 300 yard passing games are bad or mean you will lose, just thats the mindless use of stats to attempt to make an argument.  Having a scatter arm QB who cant string enough passes together in 2 years to come up with a 300 yard game in this NFL is the issue

Its not like your team has been running off all these Alex Smith like winning seasons either.  Whats the point of talking about wins and losses when you only made the playoffs once and against the Texans you couldn't throw for not 3 but not 200 yards and came up 3 points short.  Maybe if scatter arm could complete a few more passes your team isnt one and done.  Id think you and the rest of the excuse makers to the North would  have like to have seen a 300 yard game that week

6 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

No one said they’re necessarily bad.

Just that they provide no true data point for how a QB played.

It typically just means that the team is losing.

I don’t know what you’re talking about the playoffs, Jets haven’t made it in a while. Sam has issues but I wouldn’t call him a scatter arm.

Sorry in two seasons, todays NFL, not being able to put together enough passes to top 300 yards is bad

No one would call Sam a scatter arm, thats reserved for QBs who have a hard time doing what QBs are supposed to do, pass the ball as opposed to just running.  QBs like your guy in Buffalo

But feel free to lie about which team you root for or how it wouldn't have helped the score to complete a few more passes in that Houston playoff loss.

8 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

I’ve never pretended to be a Bills fan.

I just don’t pretend that players in the division are bad like homers do.

What part of Allen is a sub 200 yard QB when it counts makes me a homer?

2 hours ago, GreenCow said:

The fact that you want to bash other fans who think divisional players are good and label them.

Im bashing you because youre a troll posing as a Jets fan

You can keep coming back all you want, posing as a Jets fan who for some reason, thinking youre the bestest Bills fan for playing this odd game

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Yes, a lot of times, historically, 300 yard games are generated by playing behind.  Historically, not recently with the rule changes.  all those 1970-2009 type games need to get thrown out.  Even without the changes, you dont make the mindless claim that 300 yard games arent game winners.

6 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

Those who read analytics and know statistics, know that 300 yard games often result in the QB losing.

Thats not opinion, that’s fact.

No shlt, we know this, everyone does

Now the ass backwards application is that the ability to toss 300 yard games is bad or not a talent worth having.

Stop with the asinine defense of Josh Allen and his scatter arm not being able to deliver a 300 yard game.  Once

Not the like the Bills havent lost games the last 2 years and couldn't have used a 300 yard game to turn a loss into a win, which also happens.  Guess that ability is meaningless. 

2 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

Well, they’re literally not. Just a year ago (not 1970-2009), QB’s that threw for over 300 yards lost over 50% of those games.

Thats the definition of not being a winner lol.

Thats one year.

If you dont see a change from the way the game is played, the way the owners and fans want it played and what wins today vs the 70's youre either clueless, trolling or too young to know better

26 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

You're right that the game is changing.

There are much more 300+ yard passers today than ever before.

But those 300 yard passers are losing.

You seem to think that just because more passing is happening, that means those QB’s are winning.

But they’re not.

In the playoffs, QB’s who threw for over 300 yards went 2-6 and none made the Super Bowl.

I said theyre winning more of those 300 yard games than before.  That prolific passing games are part of the norm.  I dont care what numbers you pull out of the air or where you get them but from 1966 until the mid 80s the passing record was 4007 yards.  Then it went up from the Greises of the world passing for 2K per to now 4K is the norm and 5K is part of an offense led by Jameis.  Dont tell me teams that win are winning with fewer wins.  If a 14 win Pats team wins with a 4800 yard passers, theyre averaging 300 passing yards a game.  

So dont hand out that idea that its only in losses.  Or what that applied in the running era is the same as what applies in the game as its played today

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Allen's accuracy will always be a problem, its just terrible. He does make up for things with his ability to scramble (which is elite) and it's also something Darnold refused to do last year. 

Darnold had mono which makes an exploding spleen possible and life threatening

Might have had something to do with limiting his running around 

Like everyone cried Shanahan should have done with RG3

45 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Can someone tell me if recovering from Mono saps your strength? Obviously early, when your in the depths of feeling the illness. My reason for asking is Sam looked like he didn't want to scramble last year, he gave up wide open running lanes to throw instead. 

If he was compromised physically for most of the year, I expect to see a much stronger guy, another offseason of working out, completely healthy, because his ability to move around & take off occasionally when everyone's covered is a backbreaker for defenses. 

Mono has a 6-8 week recovery period.  He came back in week 4

Mono leaves your Spleen swollen  and susceptible to rupturing

He wore a flak jacket to protect the Spleen

It makes perfect sense why Sam wasn't running around, trying to reduce the number of hits he would take

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Can you quote the exact post where I incorrectly used correlation?

Also, I never said Allen is an MVP candidate. The MVP bettors did.

Every time you posted, over and over, the number of games where the losing QB threw for over 300 yards

Mo used a nicer way of calling your logic failed, he said you incorrectly used the correlation to defend Allen

I said it was the ass backwards way to look at 300 yard games

Same idea

It’s just 1 data point.

There are many other data points that point to people (outside of Jets homer land) believing in him as well.

Many data points?

Start a list, dont including his running ability and size.  How many is many?

LOL

It’s just 1 data point.

There are many other data points that point to people (outside of Jets homer land) believing in him as well.

55 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

I think you’re confused.

Were talking about sources that are high on Allen.

No Im not confused, you just keep spinning 

55 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

My statement was that 300 yard passers more often than not, lose the game.

Except you tried to make the correlation into 300 yard games arent important because historically most 300 yard games occur in losses.

Totally wrong way to decide that 300 yard passing games are meaningless

You can bullshlt all you want but thats what you were going with 

Show me the post where I said any of that?

I said that I don’t care about 300 yard games for a QB because most of the time, that’s a losing game.

Right after @Mogglez made the comment that allen has somehow never thrown for 300 yards and went off defending it

We we’re discussing data points of people who believe in him.

So now its the people who believe in him

Thats now a data point?

LOL

baby sinclair spinning GIF

Just now, GreenCow said:

Yeah, read my posts. I never said what you think I said. Ever. You made some fantasy up in your mind.

Its all there. In black and white. Read it.

yeah, you did

Stop trolling.

Youre getting beat up over and over again

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GreenCow said:

realize why people hate on Allen, the accuracy thing is there and he’s a divisional foe.

But watch him play and the guy is a baller.

He can make throws that Darnold simply physically cant, guys will run through a brick wall for him, and I think his upside is much higher.

I think Darnolds ceiling is Pennington, which really is somewhat of a compliment because I liked Pennington.

1.  no one is hating on Allen.  Saying hes inaccurate and misses throws is a fact, its not hating.

2.  There isnt a throw Sam cant make.  Heres the big fail, yes Allen has a gun and has the stronger arm but Sam has a really strong arm, both do. Sam can make every throw a QB needs to make, the extra zip adds little to anyones game.  Watching one Sams game at USC they were saying his arm strength would put him in the top 5% of the NFL and thats about it.  It was said that Sam was clocked at 60 mph at USC, Baker was 60, Allen 68 mph.  Better than most and more than enough.  Its the only comparison Allen wins.  

3.  The Penny reference if we're talking Pennys mind, thats doesnt need to called a compliment, we all know it is.  But given the big arm vs noodle arm its kind of what id expect from you

13 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Same thing with QBs. If you throw for 300 on 50 pass attempts it probably means your team losing the game. On the same hand if you throw for 185 under 25 pass attempts with no turnovers that’s likely a winning performance 

Yeah, and if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its ass when it hopped. 

Neither of those scenarios have anything to do with what is being debated.

Actually it has everything to do with what was being debated.

This entire thread you have had trouble following the conversation.

On the last page you didn’t even realize we were talking about data points of people who believe in Allen, even though it was clearly written in black and white.

Its like a moving target the debate keeps changing with you.

And its gotten extremely boring at this point.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, GreenCow said:

But there is literally 0 chance that Darnold has the arm Allen does. He just doesn't. But maybe he doesn't need to.

Allen threw at 68 mph

Sam 60 mph

Watson 48 mph

Wentz 58 mph

Guess what, the guy who throws 48 is easily the most accomplished

68 is a negligible difference from 60 mph, both are more than enough to get it done in the NFL as proven by Watsons low value

You're a Bills troll who has no idea what hes arguing.  300 yard games arent good, are rare and now arm strength 

• Like 1

I never said it wasn’t.

In fact, I said the opposite.

Reading comprehension is rough on this forum.

PS, where is Sams number coming from? I can’t find it anywhere. He clocked 56.5 mph at the combine from what I’m reading.

Except that you did

And it came back at you all night, just stop already and admit you F'd up

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's why YPA is important.  Darnold, with a bottom 5 roster, has put up 6.9 for his career.  Better than Allen's 6.6 with a very solid supporting cast.

And his "bigger" arm

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

No I didn’t.

But if you would like to claim that I did, post the link to where I said that.

Show us the post where I said Sam doesn’t have the arm to be an NFL QB.

Or are you having trouble following the conversation again?

You have claimed that I have said many things throughout this thread and every time I ask you to link the post, you run away. 

All the initial posts in reponse to @Mogglez

Know what's just as lame, actually more lame than your constant comments quickly followed up with denials? 

That you actually were a dweeb enough to make believe you were a Jets fan and tried to pull it off.

Makes you, cant find the words

What does that have to do with the fact that only 10 passes separate Allen and Darnold’s completion percentage?

I hear you when you say that you think Allen is trash. I’m well aware of that. But you seem to say that he is very inaccurate, but you don’t really have much of any response to the fact that there’s only 10 passes that separate the two.

Because Allen isnt accurate

Because Allen bounces passes to open WRs

Because Allen skips passes to open WRs

Because Allen, even when he throws a completion, hardly hits a receiver where he should

Which all combine to make accuracy real.  Not just comp percentages 

Darnold has his issues, but accuracy like above, isnt a problem.  Allen does, hes a scatter armed QB. 

Youre nuts if youre going to make the argument that Allen is as accurate a passer as Darnold. 

18 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

He's not.

He's 10 passes less accurate (over a full season).

And you just let the whole post about what makes up accuracy sail right over your head so that you can recite that number as if it means something 

Like a errant Allen pass, fitting 

BTW, your 10 pass difference, its wrong over one season and its wrong for their careers.  

• Confused 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company