Sam Darnold looking good in camp

10 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

What does that have to do with the fact that only 10 passes separate Allen and Darnold’s completion percentage?

I hear you when you say that you think Allen is trash. I’m well aware of that. But you seem to say that he is very inaccurate, but you don’t really have much of any response to the fact that there’s only 10 passes that separate the two.

I responded you apparently missed it.  Fact is Allen was 32nd in the league in completion percentage.  Facts he was trash in College playing for a second rate program and is trash in the pro's.  

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

@GreenCow

Admit your fandom you Buffalo swine..... we'll abuse you but we'll respect you more... We may even grow to like you slightly just ask @hamat711

Buffalo:

sesame street trash GIF

Literally every post he's had on this board to date has been about Josh Allen.  lol.

I sure hope he's a Bills fan.  Otherwise Josh might want to file a restraining order.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Literally every post he's had on this board to date has been about Josh Allen.  lol.

I sure hope he's a Bills fan.  Otherwise Josh might want to file a restraining order.

That's just not true at all. I've posted about the Jets defense, d-line, records, opponents, Geno Smith debacle, etc. 

You just can't help yourself but make up things about me.

51 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I responded you apparently missed it.  Fact is Allen was 32nd in the league in completion percentage.  Facts he was trash in College playing for a second rate program and is trash in the pro's.  

What does that have to do with the fact that only 10 passes separate Allen and Darnold’s completion percentage?

That's kinda the point. If one is to say Darnold is accurate, then one is saying that Darnold is only 10 passes (over the course of an entire season) more accurate than Allen.

And if Allen is trash, what does that make Darnold, if he is only 10 passes more accurate?

Just now, Lurker89 said:

I didn't say he wasn't good but I also didn't go to bat for him against an entire thread if Jets fans. ?

Yeah I didn't plan for this to happen.

I don't even love him that much lol.

I think it's just human nature when people start using hyperbole and saying how "trash" a QB is that another party is going to respond to correct them.

Some people are acting like an MVP Candidate is the worst QB to ever live. It's insane.

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

QBs like Allen, Jackson and even Tannehill have big advantages because the defense always have to guard against the run. Base defense is whole lot easier to pass than nickel or dime. More power to them, but the running game changes everything

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You can't say that.

You'll be called a Bills fan. Or Ravens fan. Or something.

4 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

Yeah I didn't plan for this to happen.

I don't even love him that much lol.

I think it's just human nature when people start using hyperbole and saying how "trash" a QB is that another party is going to respond to correct them.

Some people are acting like an MVP Candidate is the worst QB to ever live. It's insane.

Yeah that's us smelly humans in a nutshell.

That's ok though .... You can be the Jets fan that all the other Jets fans think is a Bills fan ..... It will be an odd sad existence but a unique one none the less.

Just know at the end of the day you put yourself there ... Even if some of us helped get you all the way.

200.gif

1 hour ago, GreenCow said:

I hear you when you say that you think Allen is trash. I’m well aware of that. But you seem to say that he is very inaccurate, but you don’t really have much of any response to the fact that there’s only 10 passes that separate the two.

Because Allen isnt accurate

Because Allen bounces passes to open WRs

Because Allen skips passes to open WRs

Because Allen, even when he throws a completion, hardly hits a receiver where he should

Which all combine to make accuracy real.  Not just comp percentages 

Darnold has his issues, but accuracy like above, isnt a problem.  Allen does, hes a scatter armed QB. 

Youre nuts if youre going to make the argument that Allen is as accurate a passer as Darnold. 

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Great "Get" by you.  Good job.

Ok let me put this whole subject to bed right now with this Video.  I see they gave him 56mph and change on it, but I've seen him documented at over 60.  Again, not saying he can throw a ball as fast as Josh Allen (who rarely knows where it will end up much of the time, and throws that 1 speed).  The Out Route I saw him hit against Minnesota with the corner glued on one of the Jets so-called WR's (from Darnold's first 2 years), was definitely over 60mph.  BUt who cares.  He can make ANY THROW and use varying speeds to give his receiver the opportunity for greatest YAC.

If Douglas puts just some AVERAGE NFL players around Darnold, the key word there is "NFL"....Look Out.  Darnold will easily be Top 10 (which is what he was over the Final 8 games last year).  Virtually the entire Maccagnan Unit inflicted on Darnold over his first 26 Pro Games would NEVER have started on almost any other Pro team.  I'm talking the ENTIRE OFFENSE.

So you put some NFL talent around him, he will be doing....THIS...and he can do it in his sleep.  Kid's the Natural.

Josh Allen can not do this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POYSw431X0E

Wow that was really cool.

Thanks for the link.

Looks like Sam tested out at 52 mph in the video below.

I looked up Josh Allen's segment. He tested at 74 mph. They said it was the fastest they have ever recorded.

So over 20mph faster.

They then had Allen throw on the run.

While running, he threw 58 mph. So he threw faster while running, than Sam threw standing / throwing normally.

I don't necessarily think it means anything. But it's cool to watch.

They also said Allen's release was also the same quickness as Tom Brady's. Sam's release was a bit slower.

Here is the link. Allen's testing is first. Sam's starts at 6:40 in the video.

13 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

That's kinda the point. If one is to say Darnold is accurate, then one is saying that Darnold is only 10 passes (over the course of an entire season) more accurate than Allen.

And if Allen is trash, what does that make Darnold, if he is only 10 passes more accurate?

I've gotten so sick of this that I actually did the math. 

You're wrong. 

If Allen threw and completed ten more passes, his comp% would be 59.6%. Darnold's was 61.9%. Those imaginary ten passes increased Allen's comp% by 0.8%, so we're really talking about Allen needing to attempt and complete another 40 passes to get to Sam's number. 

Bill's fans....

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope, he's not.  lol.

Uh, yeah, I was.

Allen has never been an MVP Candidate...

This forum has trashed every running QB alive since i've been here.

Allen, Lamar, Cam, etc.

The same people who trash Lamar also trash Allen. It shows their acumen. 

13 minutes ago, slats said:

You're wrong. 

If Allen threw and completed ten more passes, his comp% would be 59.6%. Darnold's was 61.9%. Those imaginary ten passes increased Allen's comp% by 0.8%, so we're really talking about Allen needing to attempt and complete another 40 passes to get to Sam's number. 

Bill's fans....

Where did you go to school? Jersey?

Allen's actual 2019 output

271/461 = 58.7%

Add 10 completions.

281/461 = 61%

If you went to private school, ask for your money back.

If you went public ... well, it makes sense.

PS, adding 40 passes would have made Allen's completion 67%.

images.png

1 minute ago, slats said:

You're wrong. 

Bill's fans....

@GreenCow

Now look what you've done .... You've gotten Slats all hot and bothered.?

Just now, GreenCow said:

Where did you go to school? Jersey?

Ask for your money back.

Allen's actual 2019 output

271/461 = 58.7%

Add 10 completions.

281/461 = 61%

Never accuse me of being from Jersey again. You're close enough to being banned for lying about being a Bills fan. And you're not the first. We once had a guy here calling himself McGahee pretending to root for the Jets. So none of you are too clever, either. 

But anyway, you're pretending he completed passes that he missed in real life? See, that's the problem with Allen, he misses throws. I gave him ten for ten in imaginary extra throws. I explained what I did. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Never accuse me of being from Jersey again. You're close enough to being banned for lying about being a Bills fan. And you're not the first. We once had a guy here calling himself McGahee pretending to root for the Jets. So none of you are too clever, either. 

But anyway, you're pretending he completed passes that he missed in real life? See, that's the problem with Allen, he misses throws. I gave him ten for ten in imaginary extra throws. I explained what I did. 

If you or anyone wants to ban me for thinking a Bills player is good, that's their choice.

But that doesn't make me a fan.

I haven't broken any rules, and I am cordial to everyone. 

As far as the passes go, i'm not pretending anything. I'm saying the difference is 10 completions.

I didn't say he made those 10 completions. Simply that the difference is 10 completions.

So when someone calls Allen trash, that doesn't say much for Sam who is only 10 completions better over the course of an entire year.

ps, I've been around since the nyjunc early days. What a great poster he was. Fantastic. Beautiful guy.

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

More Math! More Math! More Math!

Nothing helps an online argument devolve further than math!!!!

Even the way he did it he's rounding up. Comes out to 60.9%. But you gotta round up for Allen, it's his only hope. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Clearly, Greencow would like to imagine that the 2018 season didn't exist, as he has no interest in factoring that season for Allen into the equation.  

I tend to not give a lot of weight to rookie seasons.

Peyton threw like 700 interceptions in his rookie season and Tom Brady was a 3rd (2nd?) stringer riding the bench.

If anything, considering Allen increased his completion from his rookie year to his 2nd year by 6% year over year hurts your argument. 

18 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

He's not.

He's 10 passes less accurate (over a full season).

And you just let the whole post about what makes up accuracy sail right over your head so that you can recite that number as if it means something 

Like a errant Allen pass, fitting 

BTW, your 10 pass difference, its wrong over one season and its wrong for their careers.  

• WTF? 1

Just now, GreenCow said:

So hot and bothered that he didn't do the math right lol

What I've noticed when math comes into the equation (?) is that people will be looking at it from different angles and nobody comes out looking good.

Slats may be saying something along the lines of "to meet Darnold's completion percentage it would have to be on the same number of attempts"  IDFK

Either way this is line of discourse will only lead to further degradation..... Which I am all for ....please continue.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you just let the whole post about what makes up accuracy sail right over your head so that you can recite that number as if it means something 

Like a errant Allen pass, fitting 

BTW, your 10 pass difference, its wrong for their careers.  

Are you talking about this post? (below)

Because Allen isnt accurate

Because Allen bounces passes to open WRs

Because Allen skips passes to open WRs

Because Allen, even when he throws a completion, hardly hits a receiver where he should

Which all combine to make accuracy real.  Not just comp percentages 

Darnold has his issues, but accuracy like above, isnt a problem.  Allen does, hes a scatter armed QB.