Sam Darnold looking good in camp

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well there are metrics out there about ball placement.  I believe PFF has one.  But you have to pay to see it.  So for now, this is all we have.  Completion % when factoring in air yards per attempt and YPA is still useful. 

Yes, I saw those charts earlier in the thread.  Definitely interesting, and I would be curious to know exactly how those metrics are put together.  For example, in a back shoulder fade throw, is an accurate pass marked as "behind" which it should be by design?

In any case, I think my point is that accuracy is really something that is about ball placement and needs to be judged on a throw by throw basis.  It's not something that is comprehensively captured by completion percentage, which one particular poster seems to be harping on.

58 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Throws only Josh Allen can make.

Perfection.

On nearly all of those throws, he had plenty of time, too.  Even stepped up in the pocket on a few of him....only to launch a wildly inaccurate pass.

Now imagine him losing his running ability for one reason or another.  All you're left with is a poor man's Mark Sanchez.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Both have strongest arm in the league during their career. Both complete below 60% of their passes. Josh Allen is entering his 3rd year in the NFL has a 56.3% career completion percentage. Jeff George had a career completion percentage of 57.9%....entering his 3rd season in the NFL Jeff George's career completion percentage was 57.8%. George at the same point in their careers is only 1.5% better than Josh. However you slice it they're both very similar in two categories: arm strength + career completion percentage.

Next!

Here's where they are different.  Jeff George at the time was the top prospect on every NFL draft board.  His passing talent was never in question.  He had a $.10 head.  George in his final year was ranked 2nd in the Big 10 and 7th in the NCAA in completion percentage.  Allen was 8th is the Mountain West Conference in pass completion percentage in his last year.  

Allen with his freakish physical traits was never the top QB prospect on anyones board.  His lack of accuracy followed him on draft day and through his first 2 years.