Sam Darnold looking good in camp

20 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Well It Doesn’t take much to get crappy commercials playing in Cleveland.  Even For midgets ? 

Just take a second look up at how dumb your post is... ?

Try to do better next time, or just stick to the down votes like @Eaton Beaver. At least he realizes he’s incapable of putting together a coherent thought. You’re trying to do both, and apparently it’s above your pay grade.

• Thumb Down 4

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Sam Darnold was 7-6 as a starter in 2019 with a supporting cast that was one of the weakest in the NFL. 

In 2019 Baker Mayfield had losing record as a starter, and he was surrounded with more weaponz than any other quarterback from the 2018 NFL DRAFT.

Facts

Yet Baker was still the QB with the higher QBR, even during a horrible season.

His career stats also are way better, thanks to a record setting year in ‘18.

How Baker performed or performs in Cleveland has no bearing on the fact that Darnold has been a bottom 5 QB two years running.

Also facts.

• Thumb Down 9
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, nico002 said:

14 QBs that would have performed better under the circumstances- give em to me!

Baker couldn't even win 7 games as a starter in 16 games with notable starters Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Laundry, Nick Chubb, and Kareem Hunt. Not 7 games. Darnold went 7-6 with a hoopty squad. 

Darnold would have got Cleveland in the playoffs if he were the Browns starter in 2019. Btw, he never would have caught mono in Cleveland. ? 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Yet Baker was still the QB with the higher QBR, even during a horrible season.

His career stats also are way better, thanks to a record setting year in ‘18.

How Baker performed or performs in Cleveland has no bearing on the fact that Darnold has been a bottom 5 QB two years running.

Also facts.

QBR? The ESPN metric? Lol

baker had a 78 rating to darnolds 84

an 84 rating including a game with a ******* 3.8 rating- the greatest statistical outlier in NFL history 

if Darnold has the exact same season as last year minus the NE game... hell have  a 100 rating for the season

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

14 QBs that would have performed better under the circumstances- give em to me!

Getting Mono doesn’t make him elite, nico. It means he had another disappointing year.

But off the top of my head, I’ll take Rodgers, Mahomes, Wentz, Watson, Mayfield, Allen, Jackson, Goff, Murray, Jones, Tua, Burrow, Lock, Prescott, Rivers, Rothlisberger over Sam if I had a choice.

Thats what? 16? I could give you more if you want.

• Thumb Down 7
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Baker couldn't even win 7 games as a starter in 16 games with notable starters Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Laundry, Nick Chubb, and Kareem Hunt. Not 7 games. Darnold went 7-6 with a hoopty squad. 

Darnold would have got Cleveland in the playoffs if he was the Browns starter in 2019.

Yes, this is why every analyst I’ve seen this year has rated Darnold higher than Baker.

Oh wait. I’m sorry, I’m wrong.I haven’t seen one who has.

• Thumb Down 6

7 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

He actually hit the Top 10 over his Final 8 games of 2019, but you’ll accuse me of cherry picking stats (and you’d be somewhat correct)..he also was the #1 Rated QB in the NFL over his Final 4 games in 2018, but again “cherry picking”.  Why I bring this up is that I think it’s at least something to hang your hat on.  I had zero confidence in Sanchez from his first pro snap by just looking at him.  So it’s not as though I get blinded by fandom on a regular basis.

As far as “making his teammates better”.  Would you say that many of the so called “teammates” that have surrounded Darnold would NEVER come even close to starting on virtually ANY other NFL team?  So to “elevate them”?  Hercules couldn’t elevate that Maccagnan garbage.

As far as your assessment of the other QBs in the Darnold draft I see Baker Mayfield either getting hurt due to his small frame or fading into NFL back up QB land.  He just doesn’t impress me at the pro level.  I’ve seen footage of lots of Josh Allen throws I had never seen before a few months ago.  It was actually sickening in how far he would misfire on lots of his throws.  He did the same at Wyoming.  Probably a few notches above “Hackenberg-ness” if we ever had the misfortune of watching him play.  Josh Allen will be a hindrance to Buffalo taking further steps as a team for as long as he starts.  I give their FO credit though.  They have put together a nice team on both sides of the ball in a short amount of time.  Lamar Jackson is supremely gifted but there are definite worries there that I think are understated right now.  First is DCs having more film on him and being able to contain him in the pocket and force him to play NFL QB as opposed to Schoolyard Superstar.  That was actually accomplished in bouncing he, his MVP trophy, and Balt out of the playoffs in the very first round and in their house.  Also I’d worry about him losing a step at best and at worst getting seriously injured due to his style of play.

Right now, and I’m being objective as possible.  Only Jackson is ahead of Darnold in my mind.  And that might change, when Darnold finally gets some actual NFL talent around him.  Jackson was gifted lots...from jump street.

Lol. Lamar Jackson is the MVP. I don’t think he’s concerned about our opinion of him.

Josh Allen has outperformed Sam. He is a playoff QB now.

Baker Mayfield has to prove he’s the guy from ‘18, not last year.

Sam Darnold has a lot of people hoping he’s not a bust. He’s never been better than a bottom 5 QB in his two seasons.

• Thumb Down 7

4 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Getting Mono doesn’t make him elite, nico. It means he had another disappointing year.

But off the top of my head, I’ll take Rodgers, Mahomes, Wentz, Watson, Mayfield, Allen, Jackson, Goff, Murray, Jones, Tua, Burrow, Lock, Prescott, Rivers, Rothlisberger over Sam if I had a choice.

Thats what? 16? I could give you more if you want.

Hahaha

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’m hoping we actually have a football season? Looking forward to comparing Darnold and Allen/Mayfield’s QB numbers for the 2020 season. 

Plus Seeing you root so hard for the Jets every week..

I’m right with Jets aren’t I?

How can this Trolly McTrollface be a Jets fan....he just tries to rile up the real fans. I don't involve myself in his nonsense, I just down vote his absolute senselessness. That really bothers him. LOL...When his BF buddy Adams was tearing the team in the media, this moron backed him 100%, then he goes after Sam in every of his posts while touting other teams QBs, to get under real fans skin, and of course he is completely wrong. He is nothing but a tool.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I’ve never seen a NY athlete get a free pass like Sam has from Jets fans.

Two bottom 5 seasons, yet nothing is his fault.

Every other Macc pick gets raked over the coals, but not Sammy.

Ghosts, walking boot “injury”, mono, and yet people here still say dumb stuff like “Favre is his floor” or they’d still take him over Lamar Jackson.

Amazing.

Bro he hits the behind of line passes that fase calls everytime. Hard to blame him for running the playbook they give him 

6 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Lol. Lamar Jackson is the MVP. I don’t think he’s concerned about our opinion of him.

Josh Allen has outperformed Sam. He is a playoff QB now.

Baker Mayfield has to prove he’s the guy from ‘18, not last year.

Sam Darnold has a lot of people hoping he’s not a bust. He’s never been better than a bottom 5 QB in his two seasons.

Lamar Jackson should be concerned about getting bounced out of the playoffs, in the very first round as his team was blown out AT HOME while he was FORCED to be an NFL QB, stay in the pocket and make reads.  His schoolyard game was taken away from him.

Mayfield is regressing, not that he was anything to write home about since Day 1.

Buffalo took Allen on a Mark Sanchez like run to the play-offs where he was bounced in his first playoff game, in a blow out also.  Buffalo got there IN SPITE of Allen a la Sanchez.

Would you agree that ALL 3 QBs had talent surrounding them MULTITUDES greater than Darnold?  You never address that point and it's one of the most important points to address.

So first 2 years you have Jackson and Allen going to an opening round playoff loss where both their teams were blown out and you have Mayfield who probably will never see a playoff game...ever.

Darnold will see many...after he gets some at least average NFL players around him, which is happening quickly, up until now he has had mostly "players" that would never start on any other team.  Do you agree with that?  If so, how much better than a 7-6 record should Darnold have had?  How would have Jackson, Mayfield and Allen performed on the 2019 Jets?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

It’s time for the now 3rd annual edition of “”Sam is looking good in camp” thread,Huh?

I’m sure if I take the time to look, I’ll find the usual “Sam is throwing darts with Jordan Palmer in Cali” thread preceding this one by about three weeks?

Oh no! A football fan is optimistic and excited for the upcoming season?!

I must get on the interwebz and quash that sh*t, stat. 

... I swear I'll never understand this mentality. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Is traffic around here not strong enough to ban the ******* Troll once and for all?

Do we need his interference and negativity in every ******* thread? 

How can you ban someone for being a Darnold skeptic? I like Sam, but if he has a bad year the entire fan base will turn on him like they did Sanchez. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Is traffic around here not strong enough to ban the ******* Troll once and for all?

Do we need his interference and negativity in every ******* thread? 

What is trolling?

Was it trolling when people started 10 threads a day bashing Jamal Adams for weeks on end?

Is it trolling when people put down our HC?

Apparently it wasn’t, because you agreed with them, and that’s why I never saw you or anyone else asking for those people to be banned.

Thanks for proving my original point. No player in NY gets the free pass Adams does from Jets fans. Just look at how many of you are offended by my saying his two bottom 5 seasons weren’t very good, and that I think other QBs are better.

Ban worthy... lol. How dare someone have a differing opinion about a player than yours... ?

• Thumb Down 3

9 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I’ve never seen a NY athlete get a free pass like Sam has from Jets fans.

Two bottom 5 seasons, yet nothing is his fault.

Every other Macc pick gets raked over the coals, but not Sammy.

Ghosts, walking boot “injury”, mono, and yet people here still say dumb stuff like “Favre is his floor” or they’d still take him over Lamar Jackson.

Amazing.

The kid is younger then Joe Burrow.  Should Cincy cut ties with him after a bad rookie year?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Yes, this is why every analyst I’ve seen this year has rated Darnold higher than Baker.

Oh wait. I’m sorry, I’m wrong.I haven’t seen one who has.

Oh the “analyst’s” chimed in we all owe you an apology!  ????

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The kid is younger then Joe Burrow.  Should Cincy cut ties with him after a bad rookie year?

News Flash. Being younger than Joe Burrow doesn’t make anyone a good QB.

The “he’s only 20 years old” argument hasn’t aged very well around here. He’s 23 now...

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

News Flash. Being younger than Joe Burrow doesn’t make anyone a good QB.

The “he’s only 20 years old” argument hasn’t aged very well around here. He’s 23 now...

New flash Darnold IS better the Joe Burrow.

• Upvote 2

Was anyone else somewhat shocked at how tall and fluid Mims looked in that video?  Hes 6'3 and Herndon is 6'4 and Mims looked a lot longer, almost like a track star.  Herndon looked really think which is great for his blocking, hopefully hes still fast.