Sam Darnold looking good in camp

there are those who have faith and there are doubters.

the facts support the doubters. the doubters, who hope that Sam will indeed prove those who doubted were wrong and those who had faith were right.

ffs, at one point we all hoped Sanchez will come good. 

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

You're still an annoying dick.

Actually that’s only true if you go through life judging people by how good of a QB they think Sam Darnold is.

I get that this is a Jets message board, and the only reason we post here is because we’re all part of a small group that probably cares more about the team than most. I also get how important him succeeding is to the franchise.

What I don’t get is how triggered so many of you get when someone doesn’t think he’s very good.

99% of us hate everything Macc did, he drafted horribly, yet you get offended at the idea that Sam is just another failed pick.

Ah well, Leo and Jamal are gone, I guess we skip over Sam and move onto Quinnen as the next target, huh?

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

There’s something you have to realize about the internet, and message boards like this.

We don’t know each other personally, and know very little, if anything about each other’s personal lives. We’ve pm’ed each other about a few things so I’ll tell you this...

I lost my mother last weekend, and drove up to Long Island immediately. My family buried her earlier this week. When I finally logged back on here, I saw about 40 notifications. Most of them were juvenile quotes or reacts to my supporting Jamal Adams, and not being as crazy about his trade as others.

I simply wasn’t in the mood to reply, but after reading most of them, I felt like returning the favor, so to speak. What’s the easiest way to do it? Question Sam Darnold.

i got to release some steam, watch a bunch of homers implode, and laugh at their reactions. Basically just what the doctor ordered. It gave me a few hours to forget my sorrow, and laugh at the childish feelings of grown men who are way too invested in a 23 year old QB.

.and oh yeah. I’d take any of those QBs over Darnold. I’ve seen two years of him, and guys like Jones (who had a way better rookie year on just as bad a team), Tua and Burrow can’t do any worse.

Man that is tough.  My deepest sympathies.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Now that’s a man, being a leader of men! 

He spends his offseason in the back parking lot of the Cheesecake Factory in a SUV with his “fans”

While Sammy is busy romancing Joshie  out in Cali.

And yet he won less games last season with a way better supporting cast

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

there are those who have faith and there are doubters.

the facts support the doubters. the doubters, who hope that Sam will indeed prove those who doubted were wrong and those who had faith were right.

ffs, at one point we all hoped Sanchez will come good. 

And according to Eva Longoria he did..

eva-longoria-hot-pictures.jpg

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And yet he won less games last season with a way better supporting cast

Yes, because he had a HC who would make Dowell Loggins look qualified.

Just keep telling yourself that though while Baker is battling toe to toe against Big Ben and Lamar and putting up huge numbers this year.

It will ease the pain.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Huh? Not everyone gets to have the offensive Juggernaut QB whisperer coach with a losing record like Adam Gase!  I like the part were you literally make sh*t up about Baker next year. If you get to do that then I should as well. 

Just keep telling yourself that though while Sam is leading the world towards a vaccine for the Covid-19  using his own serum and going toe to toe with this devastating Pandemic and  saving all humanity. 

It will ease the pain, 

Great Post!!! ? 

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2020 at 4:07 PM, GangGreened said:

Name me the starting QBs in the NFL that are in a worse situation than Darnold is?

This is ALWAYS the excuse with crappy quarterbacks.

Always.

And almost never in NFL history do then end up being good once they get on a good team.

• Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, GreenCow said:

Always.

And almost never in NFL history do then end up being good once they get on a good team.

Flat out wrong.

Alex Smith

Drew Brees

Eli Manning

Matthew Stafford

I could name more but it took less than 3 minutes to figure out you're a Bills fan posing as a Jets fan by searching through your posts so I doubt you care.  What is it with you and your fanbase's weird obsession with this place?  Worry about Josh Allen.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Flat out wrong.

Alex Smith

Drew Brees

Eli Manning

Matthew Stafford

I could name more but it took less than 3 minutes to figure out you're a Bills fan posing as a Jets fan by searching through your posts so I doubt you care.  What is it with you and your fanbase's weird obsession with this place?  Worry about Josh Allen.

Do you not know what the word “almost” means?

Im saying it happens, but it’s rare.

There are thousands upon thousands of QB’s in NFL history and the same excuse has been made for all of them and only a rare group of them actually do anything.

Get a dictionary next time.

PS, Matt Stafford? Alex Smith? Bahahahaha

4 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

Do you not know what the word “almost” means.

PS, Matt Stafford? Alex Smith? Bahahahaha

Matt Stafford and Alex Smith sucked to start their careers you smooth brain.  Stafford's rookie year was worse than either of Sam's first two seasons.

Again.  F*ck off to The Stadium Wall and go waste bandwidth there.  There is nothing more pathetic than going to another team's forum.  Absolutely nothing.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GreenCow said:

Always.

Your guy had a good coach and still cant throw 5 passes in a row where he wants them to go.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Matt Stafford and Alex Smith sucked to start their careers you smooth brain.  

Again.  F*ck off to The Stadium Wall and go waste bandwidth there.

The stadium wall??

Matt Stafford and Alex Smith never became good.

Stafford is panned by every Lion fan and reporter alive. Heck, he’s only thrown for 30 TD’s twice in his 12 year career. Once in the past 8 years.

And Alex Smith couldn’t even win a playoff game with an all-star offensive cast of Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Kareem Hunt and a stacked O-line.

Thanks for the laugh though. Hahahah. I can’t believe you listed those two.

The stadium wall??

Matt Stafford and Alex Smith never became good.

Stafford is panned by every Lion fan and reporter alive and Alex Smith couldn’t even win a playoff game with an all-star offensive cast of Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Kareem Hunt and a stacked O-line.

Thanks for the laugh though?

Matthew Stafford isn't good?  

A healthy Alex Smith would have had your team winning the division and moving beyond wildcard weekend.

LMFAO, no wonder you guys are impressed by Josh Allen.  Not too much going on up there in the brains in Buffalo.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Matthew Stafford isn't good?  

A healthy Alex Smith would have had your team winning the division and moving beyond wildcard weekend.

LMFAO, no wonder you guys are impressed by Josh Allen.  Not too much going on up there in the brains in Buffalo.

No!

lol.

I can’t imagine a world where anyone would think either are good QB’s.

Alex Smith had an all-star cast in KC and struggled to put up 20 TD’s every year.

Did you ever wonder why KC drafted a QB in the 1st round?

Didnt you ever wonder why a QB was traded for only a 3rd round pick? Isn’t that what the Browns were about to give up for AJ McCarron?

And Matt Stafford. Lmao. I can’t even.

Just now, GreenCow said:

No!

lol.

I can’t imagine a world where anyone would think either are good QB’s.

Alex Smith had an all-star cast in KC and struggled to put up 20 TD’s every year.

Did you ever wonder why KC drafted a QB in the 1st round?

And Matt Stafford. Lmao. I can’t even.

Matthew Stafford hasn't posted a QB Rating below an 89.9 in 5 years you goober.

Alex Smith, as limited as he is, still drags the Bills to a division title and sure as sh*t doesn't pull this in the 4th Quarter of a playoff game:

90A6DCA1-C0D9-4B8B-A845-4C79839A88D5.gif.012be0a4cf164dd52012097e5c84a3b8.gif

I realize it’s difficult for homers to think critically, but some fans can respect players in the same division.

Sweetheart, look through my posts and you will see in a split second that I'm far from a homer and am more than ok with moving on from Sam if he doesn't play well this year.

That doesn't mean that you're fooling a single person here.  Your entire post history is bashing Sam, praising Allen, and propping up the Bills.  Putting "Green" in your username isn't convincing.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Matthew Stafford hasn't posted a QB Rating below an 89.9 in 5 years you goober.

Alex Smith, as limited as he is, still drags the Bills to a division title and sure as sh*t doesn't pull this in the 4th Quarter of a playoff game:

90A6DCA1-C0D9-4B8B-A845-4C79839A88D5.gif.012be0a4cf164dd52012097e5c84a3b8.gif

I bet you didn’t know that Josh Allen had more TD’s last year than Alex Smith has ever had in a single season in his entire 10+ year career.

I also bet you didn’t know that Josh Allen’s TD output last year (29) matches or beats all but 1 of Stafford’s last 8 seasons.

lmao did you just use QB rating as a measure of success? Bahahahhahahah

I bet you didn’t know that Josh Allen had more TD’s last year than Alex Smith has ever had in a single season in his entire 10+ year career.

lmao did you just use QB rating as a measure of success? Bahahahhahahah

Would you rather me use Stafford's seasons of throwing for 30+ TDs, 13 INTs or lower, and 4000+ yards, or are those numbers too big for you?

I didn't ask what Josh Allen the RB did, this is a QB comparison.

Fun fact: Josh Allen has never thrown for 300 yards in the NFL.  That is pathetic.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Would you rather me use Stafford's seasons of throwing for 30+ TDs, 13 INTs or lower, and 4000+ yards, or are those numbers too big for you?

Well considering he has only had 2 of those in his entire 10+ year career, sure! Use it.

Stafford has more than 29 TD’s only 1 time in his last 8 seasons.

In fact, Allen’s TD output last season (29), matches or beats 7 of Stafford’s last 8 seasons.

2 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

Well considering he has only had 2 of those in his entire 10+ year career, sure! Use it.

Stafford has more than 29 TD’s only 1 time in his last 8 seasons.

In fact, Allen’s TD output last season (29), matches or beats 7 of Stafford’s last 8 seasons.

Again, I'm not interested in RB stats.  Josh Allen is supposed to pass the ball.  He can't even throw for 300 yards in a game over the span of 2 years in the NFL.  That is, once again, pathetic.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Again, I'm not interested in RB stats.  Josh Allen is supposed to pass the ball.  He can't even throw for 300 yards in a game over the span of 2 years in the NFL.  That is, once again, pathetic.

So are you fully off of trying to pretend that Alex Smith and Stafford are good QB’s and onto trying to turn this into a Josh Allen thing? Lol

Its so blatant, it’s sad.

You May want to let go of the past and get into the scrambling QB game. It’s a thing now, and it’s not going away.

10 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

There’s something you have to realize about the internet, and message boards like this.

We don’t know each other personally, and know very little, if anything about each other’s personal lives. We’ve pm’ed each other about a few things so I’ll tell you this...

I lost my mother last weekend, and drove up to Long Island immediately. My family buried her earlier this week. When I finally logged back on here, I saw about 40 notifications. Most of them were juvenile quotes or reacts to my supporting Jamal Adams, and not being as crazy about his trade as others.

I simply wasn’t in the mood to reply, but after reading most of them, I felt like returning the favor, so to speak. What’s the easiest way to do it? Question Sam Darnold.

i got to release some steam, watch a bunch of homers implode, and laugh at their reactions. Basically just what the doctor ordered. It gave me a few hours to forget my sorrow, and laugh at the childish feelings of grown men who are way too invested in a 23 year old QB.

.and oh yeah. I’d take any of those QBs over Darnold. I’ve seen two years of him, and guys like Jones (who had a way better rookie year on just as bad a team), Tua and Burrow can’t do any worse.

Sorry for your loss but you’re clueless when it comes to the QB position and you seem like an annoying person in general 

• Upvote 2