How Excited are you for this Season?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Excitement...

• I am much more excited for this this season than any other
    • I am somewhat more excited for this season than any other
    • I am about as excited for this season as any other
    • I am somewhat less excited for this season than any other
    • I am much less excited for this season than any other

Has all that's happened changed your passion/interest/excitement for football this year?

Just now, Matt39 said:

Creeping back to normal is a welcome change. 

Undoubtedly true.  For me, I just can't get all that fired up for the year.  I'm reluctant to believe that it will finish, but I also wonder if all of this was perhaps a death blow to something that's been coming over time.  That is, waning interest due to so much competition for my attention.  The Rangers just got swept, and it's hard to imagine I could have cared less.

• Upvote 4

Just now, the Claw said:

In a bubble, I’m pretty excited about this season. JD seemed to have a nice offseason, so there’s a lot to be hopeful for. It could be a pretty important season for the team.

That being said, 2020 has been a sh*t show, so actually getting excited for Football is a tough ask.

This is interesting... Because, from a Jets perspective, I totally agree.  I didn't want to differentiate too much in the poll, because, frankly, it's hard to separate.  I don't see them as competitors this year, but I think it's a super important Jets year in a lot of ways.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Your point about the Rangers is well taken. I felt the same way.

Baseball is my favorite sport, but this season seems so convoluted in so many ways, I just can’t take it seriously.

For the first time, I’m starting to think we might have a full NFL season. I’m looking forward to it very much right now, but I’m not sure if it will feel like a “real” one. I hope it does, but we’ll see.

Trying to be optimistic, I want to believe that hockey had an interruption, which killed my interest, vs football, which has the possibility of looking closer to normal.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm excited to see Darnold and the draft class. I loved the draft on paper, but now I want to see the results on the field. If this class is more hit than miss, the future is bright. 

Yup - as I said above, from a Jets perspective, there's plenty of reasons to be interested.  My "much less interested" is all about growing apathy about sports right now.

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Will we be able to pipe in crowd noise at normal decibel levels?

Yes, but can only start 10 minutes into the 1st quarter, and have to stop in the 4th, to beat the traffic.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Schools in NY open. Good news for potential fans at games at some point. 

In the interest of keeping kids in school, I hope they just bag fans in the stands this year.  Selfish perhaps, but one's a luxury, and one's a necessity.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

I’m most excited to hear 2 national anthems. 1 designated to segregate black people and the other for everyone else to sh*t on

You're a delight.

• Haha 4

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company