How Excited are you for this Season?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Excitement...

• I am much more excited for this this season than any other
    • I am somewhat more excited for this season than any other
    • I am about as excited for this season as any other
    • I am somewhat less excited for this season than any other
    • I am much less excited for this season than any other

I am excited about the season.   A lot of storylines to watch for this year -- new OL, Darnold's development, will Bell bounce back, how will GW compensate for losses of Adams and Mosely.  I am really looking forward to watching football next month.

Challenge that I have, being out of market, is how to watch the games.  I usually go to a bar and gather with a bunch of other displaced Jet fans living in Chicago area to watch our team.  Does not seem like the bar is the best option for this season.  I think DirectTV has a mobile streaming service for Sunday ticket - don't want to have to switch my Comcast service to DTV.  Waiting to figure things out as we get closer to a season before I spend any money.

• Upvote 2

Usual amount of excitement

It's a developmental year with a front office which seems to understand team building. I am hoping to see a respectable product  which is lending itself to growth into a consistently good team out on the field ... which is more than we can say for most years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

I'm excited to see Darnold and the draft class. I loved the draft on paper, but now I want to see the results on the field. If this class is more hit than miss, the future is bright. 

This is how I feel BUT I think the lack of a traditional offseason is really going to make an impact on our rookies and our entirely brand new OL. It will likely take at least 4-6 games for the OL to get comfortable playing together, which will likely wreck our season regardless of their talents. It will also be difficult to avoid judging the rookies based on prior rookie performances of seasons past. 

This was a long way of saying that it will take longer than usual to judge if the class of 2020 will be more hit than miss. 

I'll tell ya one thing I have kind of thought to myself on this subject.  I think one reason I am not as excited is because the overall Covid outlook still looks relatively bleak right now.  So I almost feel guilty about being excited about sports.

If say there is really promising/positive news that comes out in the next 4-6 weeks regarding breakthroughs in vaccines or therapeutics(which I think is quite possible) and I can really begin to see the light at the end of the Covid tunnel, I think my excitement for football would sky rocket.

I do not itend this to be any sort of view or debate on the past, present or future handelings or COVID, just simply pointing out that I think good news on that front would open me up to happiness elsewhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The correct nomenclature for the Jets season is no different from many others:

Morbidly Fascinating 

@jetophile

Where is Jeto, the wine and chocolate Queen? I've seen a few of us from the old Jets Chat site - which is now going under - but don't remember seeing her. That was a fun, if small, bunch of eccentrics over there (me not included, as I am just a boring oddball.)

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I was extremely excited about this season, but the Mosley opt-out has taken the wind out of my sails.

I'm hoping I find the enthusiasm again and bounce back come September.

SAR I

Agreed, that did not help the enthusiasm at all.

• Upvote 2

Much less excited about the upcoming season based on what's going on in this country regarding the state of our health and our politics. I thought baseball returning would be a welcome distraction, but it really hasn't been.  I don't expect the football season to be any different.  Maybe because we will be getting a full season (hopefully) unlike the hybrid and abbreviated baseball season I'll feel differently and be more emotionally invested, but who knows?  I will say though that what I'm looking forward to most is watching Darnold take that next step and becoming the franchise QB he's supposed to be.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Where is Jeto, the wine and chocolate Queen? I've seen a few of us from the old Jets Chat site - which is now going under - but don't remember seeing her. That was a fun, if small, bunch of eccentrics over there (me not included, as I am just a boring oddball.)

Jenel was probably here long before the NY times forum went down and Maven created Jetschat.  I would love to get the other guys over but I can't access that forum for some reason.  Even Henry is posting here now.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Watching live sports right now is surreal and feels like Will Smith in I Am Legend watching taped recordings of old news programs as a way to convince himself that the world is still normal. 

After watching a few quarters of the Jets, you will be convinced somethings are still normal.

• Upvote 3

I voted somewhat more excited.

For the first time in a long time, I feel like the division is actually up for grabs.  Brady is out of the division, and the Pats look a bit depleted after free agency and opt outs.  If I'm being realistic, I still expect the Pats to win the division until proven otherwise, but there does seem to be a glimmer of hope that has been missing for 15+ years.

Uncertainty surrounding the season, no preseason, no real training camp, no fans at the stadiums, extra playoff spots make this season a complete wildcard.  These are the types of circumstances where big surprises happen.

I'm ready for football.  America needs it.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Schools in NY open. Good news for potential fans at games at some point. 

In the interest of keeping kids in school, I hope they just bag fans in the stands this year.  Selfish perhaps, but one's a luxury, and one's a necessity.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I am looking forward to it. I’m glad they were able to figure it out. No fans stinks, but it’s better than nothing. Happy there were no major opt outs.

This weekends sports slate is tremendous as well. Creeping back to normal is a welcome change. 

Other than CJ Moseley?

Roster is tomato cans up and down. There isn't one guy on the roster you can look at and say he's one of the best in the league; the two guys that you could say that about are not playing. I get that Adams had to go but this isn't a good team on paper and if there is a season I'm not hyped for it very much. Reminds me of right after Bowles' second year when they went 5-11 and they looked at the roster and said "yep let's just try this all over again," and people on this board applauded it. It's nice that the line has better players, but the rest of the team looks either the same or worse than last year.  If we do play I think it's safe to say we're hitting 10 years of no playoffs. It's another year of the Jets as an organization asking the fans to accept another year of not contending because of all the assets we've stocked for the following offseason. That's the story of this team for 7 or 8 out of the last 10 Augusts.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I'm an oldster so I don't get wildly happy or sad anymore.  I actually watched the Joe Namath Jets beat Baltimore.  The game wasn't as close as the score.  Jets owned them.

You have to be an optimist to like the Jets.  Otherwise its wrist slashing time.

Glad to have sports back.  So that's a plus.

I have the same feeling about JD as I did when Parcels came to the Jets.  With a little consistency in drafting, this franchise can finally leave the twilight zone.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Roster is tomato cans up and down. There isn't one guy on the roster you can look at and say he's one of the best in the league; the two guys that you could say that about are not playing. I get that Adams had to go but this isn't a good team on paper and if there is a season I'm not hyped for it very much. Reminds me of right after Bowles' second year when they went 5-11 and they looked at the roster and said "yep let's just try this all over again," and people on this board applauded it. It's nice that the line has better players, but the rest of the team looks either the same or worse than last year.  If we do play I think it's safe to say we're hitting 10 years of no playoffs. It's another year of the Jets as an organization asking the fans to accept another year of not contending because of all the assets we've stocked for the following offseason. That's the story of this team for 7 or 8 out of the last 10 Augusts.

The decision to rebuild is worth applauding.  Drafting poorly is not.  The Jets had 6 straight bad drafts from 2014-19.  You can't rebuild that way. 

Douglas' first draft, at bare minimum, had solid logic behind all the picks that were made.  It prioritized premium positions and athleticism.  

2 hours ago, Lith said:

I am excited about the season.   A lot of storylines to watch for this year -- new OL, Darnold's development, will Bell bounce back, how will GW compensate for losses of Adams and Mosely.  I am really looking forward to watching football next month.

Challenge that I have, being out of market, is how to watch the games.  I usually go to a bar and gather with a bunch of other displaced Jet fans living in Chicago area to watch our team.  Does not seem like the bar is the best option for this season.  I think DirectTV has a mobile streaming service for Sunday ticket - don't want to have to switch my Comcast service to DTV.  Waiting to figure things out as we get closer to a season before I spend any money.

Sunday Ticket is available via streaming on mostly any device now; AppleTV, Roku, Fire...etc. No service switch needed at all and you don't even need DirectTV anymore. Been this way for a few years.

Fun tip as well, if you have a kid or friend in college, register under their email and you can get it for half price.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Sunday Ticket is available via streaming on mostly any device now; AppleTV, Roku, Fire...etc. No service switch needed at all and you don't even need DirectTV anymore. Been this way for a few years.

Fun tip as well, if you have a kid or friend in college, register under their email and you can get it for half price.

Awesome, thanks. 

The wife has an Apple TV account, so I guess that means I need to be nice to her for the next few months.

• Haha 2

Not sure about the season going as planned, but I'm still excited

Bell will be entertaining no matter what, and I'm looking forward to seeing our revamped offense as a whole. This year is ultimately huge for the future of the team as it'll show if we have a QB and or coach that can take us to the promised land. It's time that Darnold steps up and shows that he can be a top guy. We've seen him carry an offense that was kicking and screaming to mild success, but I want to see Thriving instead of Surviving. Even if he improves at the same rate from year 1 to 2 he'll be in a decent spot. Gonna be fun to see play out, and I'm hopeful.

10 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Has all that's happened changed your passion/interest/excitement for football this year?

Super low for all sports.

Partly for opt outs, lack of crowds, and i don't like politics mixed with sports.  They 100% have the right to say what they want.   I have the right not to watch.

• Upvote 3

I’m excited for the Jets

JD seems to finally be the right man

not at all excited for the season

have you been watching the mlb and all the postponements, now how about doing that through cold and flu season, with double the amount of players and coaches

i can’t see the see the season finishing 

• Upvote 1