149 members have voted

1. 1. Excitement...

• I am much more excited for this this season than any other
    • I am somewhat more excited for this season than any other
    • I am about as excited for this season as any other
    • I am somewhat less excited for this season than any other
    • I am much less excited for this season than any other

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

Jenel was probably here long before the NY times forum went down and Maven created Jetschat.  I would love to get the other guys over but I can't access that forum for some reason.  Even Henry is posting here now.

Yeah, I can't log in either. I'd have to look and see if I have Maven's actual email address to see if he can just fix the log ins long enough to let one of us point the way here.

23 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I thought I'd be foaming at the mouth for football, but as it draws nearer, I just can't get my normal level of excitement.  I can't pinpoint exactly why.

Me too.  I think most of it centers around the fact that there will be so little preparation for this season and I feel like the product is going to be poor.   Also, I have little faith that all 16 games get played and the whole validity of the season goes down the drain.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I'm excited. In the grand scheme of things football definitely feels less important and it will be a weird season but I'm so starved for any kind of entertainment and distraction that I'm very hooked. I'll admit that the returns of MLB/NBA haven't hooked me like I thought they would, but football has always been my number one.

I'm skeptical they can pull off the full 16 game season, but to be frank, seeing as the Jets aren't contenders this year I'm not overly worried about that (if I were say, a Ravens, 49ers, or Saints fan this would concern me a lot more.) I just want to see some football and see some progress on the field.

• Upvote 1

This is the least excited I’ve ever been about football. The rule changes, virus and social stuff is going to make it much less watchable. If the NFL and sports in general stopped all together it really wouldn’t effect my life outside of Sunday parties and meeting up at the bar for premier league/rugby/international soccer matches. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 8/7/2020 at 9:49 AM, PS17 said:

Much less excited. Sports seem trivial in the year 2020. I’d normally be watching every Yankee game; I’m struggling to make it through three innings. 

I could see my excitement level rising if the league gets serious about a bubble. As currently constituted I don’t think the season will work.

Sports have always been a diversion for me from every day life.

Now more than ever, I really could use the diversion.  

I always love watching the Jets games from my home, and to do it once again is something I cherish and look forward to.

I am a Mets fan, and I am struggling to watch the Mets, besides the fact that they suck.

For the Jets, I am super pumped. Will the season work, yes it will.  It will be different, and obstacles along the way, but I will make the best of it.

• Upvote 1

Sure I'd be excited about the upcoming season under normal circumstances. Not because of no fans but just look at MLB. They are putting out a diluted product, changing the rules on the fly, it's just not quality or big league.  Many of the players are minor leaguers. It should be the same if not worse in the NFL. More players, injuries and maybe guys getting infected. Some of the coaches, players etc have skepticism on players acting responsibly not going out and partying etc. And it's not just the players it's the attitudes of many in the country. People are just not acting smart.  

• Upvote 1

Being a season ticketholder who has missed three home games in the past twenty season and who is 40 and has had season tickets in their name for 30 of them this is tough.  I’ve been watching the Yankees and gotten used to the no fans but I’ve also found myself wishing I could attend a game.   I really have no desire to attend though until things are back to normal.  

The team itself excites me and I am one of the few who thinks Mosley opting out isn’t a big deal for us.