Could Dline be awesome?

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Was watching Jets/Ravens yesterday. Crowder kept us in the game (6-90 & 2 TD). We had some opportunities to hang with them but turnovers and missed FG gave Ravens short field.

Anderson couldn't hold on to a TD in the endzone on a great escape & throw from Sam. Ravens pushed RA around that whole game. Let's pray Mims is a star. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

That was PI.  And darnold was really good with a crap OL.  

I agree about PI but he had both hands on the ball, Steve Smith brings that bitch in. I just have this feeling Mims will be like a bigger Steve Smith, where he's like, "that ball is my ball". 

• Upvote 1

Bottom line with the Jets is if these draft picks shine which for SOME TEAMS (Saints 2017), WHY NOT US? 

If Bechton, Mims, Davis stand out Jets will be looking good going into 2021 draft with all that capital. Plus, if the cap is much lower, agents know what they have to work with so SIGNING EARLY might be imperative. 

• Upvote 2

Remember a few years ago when we would top the run then get killed on the wheel route?

So we let Demario Davis go and let him make All Pro on the Saints.  We Adams and Maye we did get better on the wheel route.  

So basically the Jets will do really well against the run, but they will get killed in the air because they can't rush the passer or defend at least the intermediate routes.

• Upvote 1

Running down the roster this team doesn’t have any exceptional areas but it is solid with depth at every position save outside receiver.  Solid backups at every position. 

Everything will come down to the OL. I’ve never seen five new starters at all five positions but each guy should be an upgrade.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Running down the roster this team doesn’t have any exceptional areas but it is solid with depth at every position save outside receiver.  Solid backups at every position. 

Everything will come down to the OL. I’ve never seen five new starters at all five positions but each guy should be an upgrade.

They all have experience except Bechton & Clark. Can Bechton be an outlîer though that just steps in & starts crushing people? I mean the guy is not normal. He looked downright in shape DURING the draft & has come into camp ready to go. If he has get off & power at that size I just can't see us struggling in short yardage. He's got like 80 Lbs on most DEs. 

That is a lot of beef! Plus he likes to finish guys, hates getting beat. Fant has played in wide splits, our new Center has experience, Lewis is a mauler, I mean, I see us max protect early, lot of runs, and posting up Mims & Perriman with Crowder and Herndon working over the middle & the seams.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Obviously potential is what we have going for us. If Bell is in better shape without coming in after a year off, he's a very good RB & an excellent receiver out of the backfield. Herndons return is huge & in 2018 he was the best young TE in the AFC East. Maybe Perriman finally GOT IT, it happens in the NFL, some guys need more time. You know Crowder is gonna get open, just look at his game vs the Ravens (no shleps on D), They lose nothing in protection for Sam when Gore comes in as both he & Bell are top notch blockers. The wildcard is Mims. He is a tough SOB, very determined WR, and if he learns quickly & gets on the same page with Sam we could see some exciting YAC from him. 

I read all of these articles that the Jets cuppard is bare & I say BS. Like you stated, if this line can gel early, a 100% healthy Sam with a good understanding of the playbook can do some damage with this group. Fans talk like this is Sanchez with David Nelson, David Clowney & Greg Salas.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, David Harris said:

4 new starters if Fant beats out Edoga

Alex Lewis is a returning starter

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

4 new starters if Fant beats out Edoga

Alex Lewis is a returning starter

The Jets signed Fant to start. He might get replaced but 100% he starts the season. People love to hate Fant but he was a priority for the Jets. They see something in him