The Jets Are Already Being Disrespected As +300 Home Underdogs In Week 2

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Outside of KC & maybe the Ravens the entire league is blah. The Jets had no business beating the Cowboys last year, the Dolphins had no business beating the Pats in Gillette no less.

The Seahawks who the media constantly licks their balls lost 3 of their 4 final games & all 3 losses were in their own DIVISION! 

Jets get solid play out their Oline early, defense gels, Darnold feeling confident gets hot like he did vs Rogers his rookie year & next thing you know your on your way. It's all about the QB in this league & protecting him enough for him to perform. If your QB gets time, your in every game. 

How many times have backups looked like starters against us when we couldn't stop the run? With the rules in place in this league guys like Minshew will eat you up if they can stand there & deliver. Darnold is a great talent, unfortunately he not only played sick, he was afforded very little protection + lacked anybody that could get open quickly except Crowder. 

I agree with everything you said except when you said that the Jets had no business beating the Cowboys.

That was not a fluke win, and the Jets beat them soundly.  The Cowboys were not down any more players than the Jets were.  The Jets came to play, and the Cowboys weren't up to the task. The Cowboys were last year a overrated team, at least until they lost to the Jets.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Were you there the last time SF made that trip?  That was a massacre.

And that was the last Jets game for which I was in attendance, lol.

That game probably had more opposing fans than any game I have ever been to. It was insane. The 49ers got to lead and was basically a home game for them.

No fans is a good thing in this case I guess lol

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

They indicate that the team stayed together, didn’t quit and won.  After sitting at 1-7 it was important to stay together and win games whether they were good by fans evaluations or not

Yeah not quiting is good as compared to um... quiting. So yeah whoo hooo we didn't quit!!

R u serious ?

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yeah not quiting is good as compared to um... quiting. So yeah whoo hooo we didn't quit!!

R u serious ?

Am I serious?

You should think about what's import to a football team, what's one of the main jobs a HC has.

whoo hooos really shows you just dont understand 

And again, give me the logic that poor game plans or whatever your crying about makes the wins not count?  Because teams better than us lost to us with our shltty roster and poor game plans how?  And how is a bad reflection of the team 

RU serious? Youre trying to sell that not quitting isnt  good compared to, um...quitting?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

We don't have any preseason games and the CBA practically bans padded practice. The offensive line is greatly improved this year, but getting SF week 2 while they're figuring out chemistry on the fly is going to be brutal.

That's actually a great point.  If there is a time to catch a considerably better Football team would be early in the year.  Since the CBA changes, the NFL has been very sloppy the first like 2-4 weeks.  You have to imagine this is going to amplify that sloppy play.  The Jets could benefit in this scenario, especially if teams are trying to do same day travel and games are played in the afternoon/evening like some outlets have suggested.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

I agree with everything you said except when you said that the Jets had no business beating the Cowboys.

That was not a fluke win, and the Jets beat them soundly.  The Cowboys were not down any more players than the Jets were.  The Jets came to play, and the Cowboys weren't up to the task. The Cowboys were last year a overrated team, at least until they lost to the Jets.

In terms of where the Cowboys are in regard to their Oline, QBs time in the league, top 3 RB, good pass rushers (Lawrence would be the best player on our defense), years into rebuild, losing to a 2nd year QB behind a Swiss cheese Oline, was ridiculous. Much worse than the Jets losing to the Bengals in Cincy with Dalton back starting. The Seahawks beat the Bengals by 1 point AT HOME. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Honestly, there aren't too many teams where I'd say we have no chance. The 49ers are going to murder us.

Oh come on. You make it seem like these teams are like Super Bowl teams of the past like the Steelers, Niners of old. The 49ers were like the Neil O'Donnell Steelers last year. They won to get to the Super Bowl with their QB completing 6 passes for 77 yards, lol. Talk about a FLUKE! 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Oh come on. You make it seem like these teams are like Super Bowl teams of the past like the Steelers, Niners of old. The 49ers were like the Neil O'Donnell Steelers last year. They won to get to the Super Bowl with their QB completing 6 passes for 77 yards, lol. Talk about a FLUKE! 

I don't think that's an indictment of them, at all. When you score 37 points against a 13-3 team with your QB throwing for 77 yards it's because you're dominant in the trenches and physically kicked their @$$ up and down the field all day.

7 of their wins were by double digits and all three losses were by a combined 13 points. They were third in point differential. They were really, really good.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Am I serious?

You should think about what's import to a football team, what's one of the main jobs a HC has.

whoo hooos really shows you just dont understand 

And again, give me the logic that poor game plans or whatever your crying about makes the wins not count?  Because teams better than us lost to us with our shltty roster and poor game plans how?  And how is a bad reflection of the team 

RU serious? Youre trying to sell that not quitting isnt  good compared to, um...quitting?  

lol @Jet Nut

Yes, are you serious? Just because you don't give up is not some of great thing. If that is the only way to "understand" I guess I never will nor will any other person who evaluates this team in an unbiased manner. It's nice not to give up, sure agreed! 100%!! But the main job of the coach is WIN and get our team to perform better than our raw talent level and beat other teams by give our roster a chance to perform and score. Sometimes referred to as "coaching". Worst in the league in on offense is not some fairy tale - that in fact is the Gase Offense.

The logic is pretty strait forward.

Its silly to think not quitting is more than what it is. The argument i'm making is that Jets are not being disrespected when they are being evaluated as poor or ranked as crap. Plenty of people don't quit, doesn't make them good at all. And yes we got some wins over other teams in the last half of the season but if you watched any of those games, we could have easily lost everyone. You saw our team out coached and outplayed except for very few fluke and isolated plays and drives to teams that had their own fair share of self inflicted wounds.  

It's nice to live pretend world but the reality is that last season was a joke and we never really gave our selves a chance. Our Offensive coaching staff has shown no ability to make us think we will have a better season this year. In fact their game plans often opposed even the most basic fundamentals of the game, I'm pretty bummed out about it actually, but its not a surprise where we are ranked and for the most part it is deserved.

That is all I'm saying. We are ranked where we deserved to be ranked - its not bias against us - it is what we a have earned. hand out your participation trophys and we didnt quit banner, but in reality we had players quit on us all season including former Jets, Jamal Adams and Robbie A. 

Also since i'm writing this whole long ass explanation the "Whoo Hoos" were just fake excitement, it was sarcasm, that too seemed obvious to me, but somehow escaped you. I was never actually excited for us "not quitting".

This is a new season so who knows, Gase is on the hot seat this season maybe he will try to coach alittle this year.

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol @Jet Nut

Yes, are you serious? Just because you don't give up is not some of great thing. If that is the only way to "understand" I guess I never will nor will any other person who evaluates this team in an unbiased manner. It's nice not to give up, sure agreed! 100%!! But the main job of the coach is WIN and get our team to perform better than our raw talent level and beat other teams by give our roster a chance to perform and score. Sometimes referred to as "coaching". Worst in the league in on offense is not some fairy tale - that in fact is the Gase Offense.

The logic is pretty strait forward.

Its silly to think not quitting is more than what it is. The argument i'm making is that Jets are not being disrespected when they are being evaluated as poor or ranked as crap. Plenty of people don't quit, doesn't make them good at all. And yes we got some wins over other teams in the last half of the season but if you watched any of those games, we could have easily lost everyone. You saw our team out coached and outplayed except for very few fluke and isolated plays and drives to teams that had their own fair share of self inflicted wounds.  

It's nice to live pretend world but the reality is that last season was a joke and we never really gave our selves a chance. Our Offensive coaching staff has shown no ability to make us think we will have a better season this year. In fact their game plans often opposed even the most basic fundamentals of the game, I'm pretty bummed out about it actually, but its not a surprise where we are ranked and for the most part it is deserved.

That is all I'm saying. We are ranked where we deserved to be ranked - its not bias against us - it is what we a have earned. hand out your participation trophys and we didnt quit banner, but in reality we had players quit on us all season including former Jets, Jamal Adams and Robbie A. 

Also since i'm writing this whole long ass explanation the "Whoo Hoos" were just fake excitement, it was sarcasm, that too seemed obvious to me, but somehow escaped you. I was never actually excited for us "not quitting".

This is a new season so who knows, Gase is on the hot seat this season maybe he will try to coach alittle this year.

@Jet Nut

condensed response

Not quitting doesn't make us better than last tbh.

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

@Jet Nut

condensed response

Not quitting doesn't make us better than last tbh.

Not quitting is more than a lot of other teams who start out 1-7 do

Im sorry you dont get that or havent watched football long enough to have seen it for yourself.

Its one of the main responsibilities for a HC and one of the most inexcusable if he fails.

That was the point, have no idea where youre going after downplaying the wins and then the fact they stayed together as a team and didnt quit.  You can blow both off all you want.

21 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Hot finish...barely winning game due to other teams injuries...

Not really disrespectful when you projected to lose to a team in SF that is light years ahead in talent at every level and we are severely disadvantaged when looking at coaching

Agreed and I also wish that the team would stop holding up 6-2 as some sort of accomplishment as Joe Douglas did in that 1JD episode. It means nothing, here in 2020.

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Not quitting is more than a lot of other teams who start out 1-7 do

Im sorry you dont get that or havent watched football long enough to have seen it for yourself.

Its one of the main responsibilities for a HC and one of the most inexcusable if he fails.

That was the point, have no idea where youre going after downplaying the wins and then the fact they stayed together as a team and didnt quit.  You can blow both off all you want.

Players did quit tho. And what other tram quit? I can't remember  many ever. This is not football in the street after school man. This is professional football and the guys who didn't quit on the team were playing for their next contract, next season etc. 

Coaches seemed to quit trying long before the half.

Idk I don't think you really watched the games 

15 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't think that's an indictment of them, at all. When you score 37 points against a 13-3 team with your QB throwing for 77 yards it's because you're dominant in the trenches and physically kicked their @$$ up and down the field all day.

7 of their wins were by double digits and all three losses were by a combined 13 points. They were third in point differential. They were really, really good.

They ran right over the Packers. No way in hell they run all over our young Dline like that. I'm going to go out on a limb & say the 49ers & Mostert won't even come close to the yardage on the ground they had against the Packers vs the Jets young stout Dline. It will be up to our offense to score some points to make it tougher on Garapolo. 

21 hours ago, GreenCow said:

Let's be serious.

The "hot" finish was a mirage.

- Beat the Bills 3rd stringers in Week 17. Sam & Co still couldn't score more than 13 points against their backups.

- Beat the Steelers with Duck Hodges playing QB.

- Beat the Dolphins by 1 point with Fitzpatrick at QB.

- Lost to the worst team in the league by 16 points.

I still think the team will be better this year, but there is no dispresct here.  Oddsmakers just know that the "hot finish" was a joke. 

true

WFAN yesterday morning went through the Jets schedule this year.  It is actually pretty brutal.  Although we feel like the team is getting better, the Jets are in a pretty deep hole.  I like JD, but it almost seems like his focus is accumulating draft picks for points, not actually scoring points on the field.    We own the players we draft for 4-5 years.  So if we are depending on the draft to build and sign FAs to one year contracts, it just seems hard to get traction.

I was sick of Adams like the rest of us, but one way to improve the team is to draft great players and keep them.   Adams’ replacements are theoretically 2-4 years out.  

How far are the Jets behind if they replace the coaches next year?

Just some depressing thoughts on a hot day. 

19 hours ago, Jetster said:

They ran right over the Packers. No way in hell they run all over our young Dline like that. I'm going to go out on a limb & say the 49ers & Mostert won't even come close to the yardage on the ground they had against the Packers vs the Jets young stout Dline. It will be up to our offense to score some points to make it tougher on Garapolo. 

Baltimore did it last year...

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Baltimore did it last year...

No, Jackson did, apples & oranges at QB. We're talking 11 on 10 vs Garapolo, Lamar Jackson did that to everyone last year except the Titans figured out a way to keep him in the pocket & Henry kept his azz on the bench for long periods of time. 

20 hours ago, varjet said:

WFAN yesterday morning went through the Jets schedule this year.  It is actually pretty brutal.  Although we feel like the team is getting better, the Jets are in a pretty deep hole.  I like JD, but it almost seems like his focus is accumulating draft picks for points, not actually scoring points on the field.    We own the players we draft for 4-5 years.  So if we are depending on the draft to build and sign FAs to one year contracts, it just seems hard to get traction.

I was sick of Adams like the rest of us, but one way to improve the team is to draft great players and keep them.   Adams’ replacements are theoretically 2-4 years out.  

How far are the Jets behind if they replace the coaches next year?

Just some depressing thoughts on a hot day. 

The fact that there won’t be any crowds this year helps but yes this schedule was another FU from Roger Goodell.  Ravens have the league’s easiest schedule followed by the Browns btw

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

No, Jackson did, apples & oranges at QB. We're talking 11 on 10 vs Garapolo, Lamar Jackson did that to everyone last year except the Titans figured out a way to keep him in the pocket & Henry kept his azz on the bench for long periods of time. 

The key to a good defense is a good offense.  Get first downs, stay on the field and the defense will be rested and play well

• Upvote 1