Dan Patrick:Big 10 cancels Football season

GreekJet

1 minute ago, Sout0266 said:

I’m sure the rest of the conference’s will soon follow suite.  So now the question is will the nfl move games to Saturday?  I’d assume that’s a ea$y yes. 

How about they spread the games between Saturday and Sunday?  That would be fun!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Sout0266 said:

I’m sure the rest of the conference’s will soon follow suite.  So now the question is will the nfl move games to Saturday?  I’d assume that’s a ea$y yes. 

The NFL will need to be very flexible given the likelihood of games being cancelled like they have in baseball. Having the ability to reschedule games to different days of the week could help them make things work. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Where did you see that? 

Read it wrong.  The article said Big 10, not Big 12, would be followed by the Pac-12.  

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/power-five-ads-inevitable-2020-college-football-season-will-not-be-played-this-fall/

Either way its closing in on a done deal.  No college football expected until the Spring, at earliest.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Big 12 is expected to be the next league to cancel.  Even before the PAC-10.  

It just isn’t possible. The pro sports can essentially create a bubble-like environment and enforce social gathering restrictions. You can’t do that in college. 

The risk of an outbreak is just too great. These presidents don’t want to deal with potential lawsuits and health risks on campus. 

• Upvote 3

Remember how everyone thought the Jamal Adams HAUL was awesome?

now ask yourself, what's the value of a first round pick when there's no CFB season for these players to develop? 

this is why all the teams (except NYJ) have been paying their stars - guys like CmC, Mahomes, Henry, Garrett... partly to fit in the contracts up front so when the cap reduces slightly they can keep their stars and partly because draft picks without a CFB season aren't worth what they would be in a normal year (or two) and the next few seasons will favor veterans for this reason

or to put it another way for all the mouth breathers out there 

Joe Burrow was a 3rd round pick at this point in the process last season

Cam Newton wasn't in the top 500 players at this point in the process in 2010

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Just now, Matt39 said:

Interesting. I still think this gets worked out.

So Dan Patrick infers that OSU, Michigan and PSU voted not to play a Big Ten Season and then Neuheisel says that OSU, Michigan and PSU voted to play in the Big 12???

What the hell is going on???

• Haha 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So Dan Patrick infers that OSU, Michigan and PSU voted not to play a Big Ten Season and then Neuheisel says that OSU, Michigan and PSU voted to play in the Big 12???

What the hell is going on???

I dont know. I wouldnt trust anything at the moment. Media folks want to be the first one to get the scoop if it's cancelled. I wouldnt trust anything until it's official. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

So getting 2 first round picks and a player is now bad?  1 of those picks coming in 2022.

Why are you like this?

plus you're going to have a record of underclassmen declaring and with someone like douglas, who was probably scouting everyone last year, the jets can really overhaul the talent on the roster next year.

• Upvote 3