Interesting - Mike McCarthy in Dallas

He's learning the existing Dallas offense vs tearing up the playbook and forcing his system on players. Smart, especially given the limited practice time this year. Always wondered why more coaches don't do this. Probably ego.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-mccarthy-m-one-most-152141154.html

Also heard Brady is learning Arians' terminology in Tampa. He's trying to translate any concepts he liked in NE into Bucs terminology.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

He's learning the existing Dallas offense vs tearing up the playbook and forcing his system on players. Smart, especially given the limited practice time this year. Always wondered why mote coaches don't do this. Probably ego.

Also heard Brady is learning Arians' terminology in Tampa. He's trying to translate any concepts he liked in NE into Bucs terminology.

Good coach. Solid choice by Dallas.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

He's learning the existing Dallas offense vs tearing up the playbook and forcing his system on players. Smart, especially given the limited practice time this year. Always wondered why mote coaches don't do this. Probably ego.

New coaches, potentially limited training camp and veteran qbs.  

7 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

is he gonna make them have a running supply of Schlitz in his office?

Amazon.com: VEHFA Metal Signs 1947 Schlitz Beer Vintage Look Reproduction  Metal Tin Sign, 12" L X 18" W: Home & Kitchen

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

And my Knicks coulda drafted Michael Porter Jr and kept Kristaps Porzingis 

the pain

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Sounds like something our coach  should have done, Gase should have adopted the bates or morton offenses since his stinks on a consistent basis.

want bates the one that had what was seen as worst roster in the league but got us to somewhere in the middle of th league in production...or was that morton..i dont remember but I remember thinking who we are alot better than i thought. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Smart considering his offense was so bad he was fired because of it.  

As opposed to twitchy Coach Adam "29th, 25th, 30th, 27th Offenses" Gase.

Glass Houses, etc.  Maybe we should see Gase's offense exceed 20th in Offense before we be critical of other teams choices?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

McCarthy won’t last two years in Dallas.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Remember when Mcvay came in and totally transformed the Rams offense? That worked out pretty good. 

Dak threw for 4900 yards and 30Tds last year. Why would he come in and install a completely new offense when the offense worked last year? 

The lesson is that new coaches should keep old offenses that work and scrap old offenses that don't work. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Remember when Mcvay came in and totally transformed the Rams offense? That worked out pretty good. 

Dak threw for 4900 yards and 30Tds last year. Why would he come in and install a completely new offense when the offense worked last year? 

The lesson is that new coaches should keep old offenses that work and scrap old offenses that don't work. 

I'd say that applies to defenses too

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

McCarthy is just doing what Jerry Jones says. McCarthy is a puppet.

Brady and the Bucs will go 8-8

And to all you GASE Bashers, keep talkin...

Wake me when Adam gase produces an offense in the top 20 let alone a really good one.  Four years as a head coach and the excuses wear thin.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Probably due to the team not having a regular offseason to prepare and practice. So yeah, why would you change it now as opposed to a normal year?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Wake me when Adam gase produces an offense in the top 20 let alone a really good one.  Four years as a head coach and the excuses wear thin.

I could care less where his offense ranks. Ever heard of Brian Billick? All I care about is how he oversees the entire team, that's the head coach's job.

I care about winning.

Stats and rankings are for Madden and FanDuel.

I'm just jawing and having fun btw. But honestly the reason I bring up Billick is cuz he was also touted for his so called legendary offensive coaching skills. I think as a head coach he did just fine.

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Wake me up when McCarthys record is any better when his QB was out

Because it wasn't when he didnt have Rogers

Crazy isnt it?

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Remember Beer, facts = "Bashing" and "hating".

If you don't have utter faith that the Coach of the 29th, 25th, 30th, 27th Offenses will turn it all around in 2020 and produce a top 10 offense, you're a bashing hater.

Of course, these folks who can't handle direct simple facts are generally the very same folks preemptively making excuses as to why Gase WON'T in fact lead a top 10 Offense this year either, and preemptively explaining why that's a-ok, and Gase still deserves five more years, lol!

Some fans never change.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Remember Beer, facts = "Bashing" and "hating".

if you don;t have utter faith that the Coach of the 29th, 25th, 30th, 27th Offenses will turn it all around in 2020 and produce a top 10 offense, you're a bashing hater.

Of course, these snowflakes who can't handle facts are generally he same folks preemptively making excuses as to why Gase WON'T in fact lead a top 10 Offense this year either, and preemptively explaining why that's a-ok!

Some fans never change.

The better question is why some fans want to see Gase fired after 7-9. To replace him with Gregg Williams who has an even longer and worse record as a head coach? 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wake me up when McCarthys record is any better when his QB was out

Because it wasn't when he didnt have Rogers

Interesting, what WAS McCarthy's record without Rodgers at QB? 

I presume you know it in order to make this post, so it's be cool if you told us.  

Just now, T0mShane said:

The better question is why some fans want to see Gase fired after 7-9.

Probably because some fans think he's an ineffective Head Coach with a very poor resume who never should have been the hire here in the first place?

With that said, most of us know there was no chance he would be fired after last year's debacle, especially with his trash-time "run", even with those horrific Phins and Bengals losses.

Tell me T0M, what is your line in the sand, what would Gase have to produce in 2020 to have you critical of him?  30th ranked Offense?  6 wins? 

What's your line in the sand, or do you not have one, and anything he produces is ok by you?

Just now, T0mShane said:

To replace him with Gregg Williams who has an even longer and worse record as a head coach? 

Who said Gregg Williams?  There are alot of Coaches out there in the world, you know.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I presume you know it in order to make this post, so it's be cool if you told us.  

Well he went 21-11 with Favre in 2006-07.

But I know you're looking more at the performance with backups under center.  This is how he did:

• Matt Flynn (2010-11; 2013):  3-3
  • Scott Tolzien (2013):  0-1-1
  • Seneca Wallace (2013):  0-1
  • Brett Hundley (2017):  3-6

Total:  6-11-1

Not too bad given that list of names.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well he went 21-11 with Favre in 2006-07.

But I know you're looking more at the performance with backups under center.  This is how he did:

• Matt Flynn (2010-11; 2013):  3-3
  • Scott Tolzien (2013):  0-1-1
  • Seneca Wallace (2013):  0-1
  • Brett Hundley (2017):  3-6

Total:  6-11-1

Not too bad given that list of names.

Thanks.  I legit didn't know, nor did I know where I could look up that stat without alot of manual effort.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Thanks.  I legit didn't know, nor did I know where I could look up that stat without alot of manual effort.

Just had to look up the seasons in football reference where Rodgers was hurt or rested (2010, 2011, 2013, 2017).  They list the QB W-L records there.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Actually dont remember but do know it was very Gase like, worse actually

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Probably because some fans think he's an ineffective Head Coach with a very poor resume who never should have been the hire here in the first place?

With that said, most of us know there was no chance he would be fired after last year's debacle, especially with his trash-time "run", even with those horrific Phins and Bengals losses.

Tell me T0M, what is your line in the sand, what would Gase have to produce in 2020 to have you critical of him?  30th ranked Offense?  6 wins? 

What's your line in the sand, or do you not have one, and anything he produces is ok by you?

Who said Gregg Williams?  There are alot of Coaches out there in the world, you know.

My hope for Gase was that he’d come in a clean up the messes left behind by Rex, Idzik, Maccagnan, and Bowles and I’ve been very encouraged by everything I’ve seen so far. He’s a no-bullsh*t guy who has done a lot of no-bullsh*t things and the org looks well-positioned for the future. A good, plugged-in personnel department, plenty of cap space, some young pieces, and a bloody extermination of a lot of bad actors on the roster. I don’t care if he’s fired after next season, personally, but if Darnold shows improvement while the team goes 7-9 again? His hiring will have been genius. The HC of the NYJ job was moribund and he’ll have made it desirable inside of two calendar years. Not too shabby. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1