JetNation

Healthy Roster Erase Jets Concerns Over Lack of Weapons on Offense

16 hours ago, JTJet said:

"Top 20 offense" easily translates into "Bottom 12 offense". 

I'm usually very pro Jet but we should be aiming higher than that lol. 

how does one evaluate an offense?  imo it's all about points scored and even more important is the points differential.  if the jets manage about 24 points per game, they will be a pretty darn good team.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

From the perspective of general NFL rankings, they rank by yards gained if I'm not mistaken. 

okay but maybe that just doesn't tell the whole story.  the yardage is nice but unless there are points scored it's sort of meaningless.  in this regard if the jets are top 10 in offensive points scored they would have a darn good offense.

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Stop already.  The media is milking Jets fans for all they're worth.  Don't fall for it.

Our roster was decimated by injuries last year, we were down to 3rd stringers all over the place.  This years roster, healthy, is tons more talented than last year's.  The Jets are going to win a lot of games and surprise a lot of people.  Losing Mosely really bothers me.  But there is talent all around the space he occupied last year and we won 6 of our last 8 games without him last year.

SAR I

mosely being out is mosely's choice.  it's too bad and makes one wonder if this guy is all about the benjamins.  hard to tell but if so then mac had a horrible track record in signing guys to big contracts and then watching them not perform.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

I agree and it just sucks all around, tough situation and I don't want to criticize the player.  Just disappointed that what I thought could be a shut-down D, like Top 10 in the NFL, probably can't be now.

SAR I

yes mosely has the talent to improve a defense but so does having a lot of smart players and a coach who knows how to get them all on the same page.  imo the jets have both.  they did very well last season and really, the only guy they lost was adams.  adams is a very good player and did have some impact on defense but at the same time they were able to develop a lot of younger guys and qwill (if he doesn't get a suspension) looks to be ready to play to his draft level.  not to mention williamson is coming back.  i think they have a good chance to be top 10 this season.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company