Gase presser/his deep love for Leveon

T0mShane

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Who did Bell play for last year? They should have tried that. 

I’m thinking the line suck, and Le’Veon needs a block or two, to cut and run… As opposed to like an Earl Campbell who would just run you over, Blocks or no blocks… Just my jet nation opinion

• Upvote 3

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Le'Veon last played in a dominant fashion in 2018, took a year off to loaf, and wasn't in football-shape last season.

Hey, if he does well this year and they want to give Gase credit for it, why not, but the truth is we bought a damaged, old running back for big money.  Lev is Jamal, just with a sweeter demeanor about bolting from the team that helped him along.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's like some people forget how awful our Offensive line was last year and that we needed Bell to stay in for blocking. 

There's no question that was a part of it, but we saw Bell get 245 carries last season and he didn't have a single significant run.  Not one.

That's not on the OL or the HC.  That's on the player.  

You want to tell me that 200 of his carries were undermined by a bad OL or a bad playcall, fine.  But 45 of them were perfectly NFL-caliber and he didn't do anything with them.  With the same crippled roster Sam made things happen.  Robbie and Crowder made things happen.  Bell didn't.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

I actually love to hear Gase take accountability for Bell's poor start.  It is what a leader does.  Hoepfully things will look different this year.

That is encouraging, Gase doesnt seem like the type of guy that owns a lot of his mistakes and it was clear as day that used no imagination with one of the most versatile weapons in the history of the game.  It was bonkers to watch him try and same thing over and over again.  Good to hear he sees the ****ed up and is looking at something new.   Bell had 66 receptions and few were designed for him, he could catch 80 balls next year if used correctly. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

Brian Costello@BrianCoz 1h

Bell on Darnold: “Sam’s a lot more comfortable.” Said Darnold is more “stern” with guys. #nyj

This is key, all great QB's become "jerks" when guys miss assignments

Sams a quiet leader, but they all know he's got skills. Plus he's smart, it's tough to be tough on guys when you yourself don't know what the hell your doing, but now that he's in his 2nd year in the same offense he can call guys out. But, you can tell Sam is the type of dude to say, "my bad" if he screws up, or misses a guy. Give him time & he'll be spinning it. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

That is encouraging, Gase doesnt seem like the type of guy that owns a lot of his mistakes and it was clear as day that used no imagination with one of the most versatile weapons in the history of the game.  It was bonkers to watch him try and same thing over and over again.  Good to hear he sees the ****ed up and is looking at something new.   Bell had 66 receptions and few were designed for him, he could catch 80 balls next year if used correctly. 

Yep.  Gase sucked.  There is always a chance he gains some wisdom and works his way out of suck-a-tude with some heads up offensive design.  He is clearly driven and dedicated.  Now he has to make a destiny for himself and the Jets apart from the shoe box offense he took with him from the Peyton Manning days.  Burn it down and design from the ground up and *specifically* for the roster he has *now*

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, KRL said:

Brian Costello@BrianCoz 1h

Bell on Darnold: “Sam’s a lot more comfortable.” Said Darnold is more “stern” with guys. #nyj

This is key, all great QB's become "jerks" when guys miss assignments

Darnold’s pimp hand game is ? 

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

So in other words, get back to what made him successful in Pittsburgh?

Only wrap it up as something Gase discovered independently?

guinness-brilliant | gmeliberty | Flickr

Or more than likely what could be done with a real OL as opposed to the line that couldn't open a hole?

I remember when it was Gase hates Bell, wants to get rid of him

And then Gase f course we weren't creative enough when defenders were in our backfield.

Moving Bell around would have ended that

Add in the every popular Gase never takes responsibility 

3 hours ago, Lith said:
I actually love to hear Gase take accountability for Bell's poor start.  It is what a leader does.  Hoepfully things will look different this year.

Personally, I could care less about his so-called "leadership" in offseason interviews/pressers.

I care about his production as HC/OC.  Wins.  Offensive Rankings.  Playoff seasons.  Darnold improvement in production. Etc.

"Owning failure" is only good if he quickly corrects the failure and improves the issue in question.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

when Darnold finally told him his game plans and play calling stunk and they needed to change things and gase said something to the effect of 'It's about time, I was waiting for you to say that!"

Sure, thats what happened.

• Haha 1