Gregg Williams shade quote on Jamal Adams is fun

T0mShane

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The day Seattle traded for Adams the clock started ticking on their DC (Norton I think?)

He will be fired after this year for not using jamal properly.

And how long before we get social media whispers of unhappiness?

This is a major L for Gregg Williams.

Pete Carroll specializes in DBs. Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas were the best safety tandem while they played.

Jamal was one of the best safeties before Gregg started coaching him.

Jamal is a perfect fit in their system and that is why they traded two first round picks for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

And how long before we get social media whispers of unhappiness?

the day Seattle realizes that he's not worth the extension he thinks he will get.  But they will cave as long as Carroll wants him.  Good for us.  Too bad, so sad for Seattle.  Jets got out of a bad predicament with lots of draft capital.  Couldn't ask for a better outcome. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

This is a major L for Gregg Williams.

Pete Carroll specializes in DBs. Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas were the best safety tandem while they played.

Jamal was one of the best safeties before Gregg started coaching him.

Jamal is a perfect fit in their system and that is why they traded two first round picks for him.

All of Pete Carroll's Safeties were adept at picking off passes.  Even battering ram SS Kam Chancellor picked off 12 passes in his career in Seattle, including 4 INTs in 2011 and 3 in 2013.

Jamal Adams is decidedly not, and never will be.

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

Adams got what he wanted...where's his misfortune?

What he wanted was to play in Dallas.  Not the rain-soaked Pacific Northwest.

Meanwhile I doubt he gets paid nearly as quickly as he thinks he will.  Between the cap numbers of Russell Wilson ($32M 2021 cap number), Bobby Wagner ($17.2M), Jarran Reed ($13.5M), Duane Brown ($13M) and Tyler Lockett ($12.6M), several quality free agents they need to pay (like K.J. Wright, Chris Carson, Shaquill Griffin, Mike Iupati and Quinton Dunbar), and the uncertainty of what the 2021 cap will look like, Seattle doesn't have a ton of money to play with.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meanwhile I doubt he gets paid nearly as quickly as he thinks he will.  Between the cap numbers of Russell Wilson ($32M 2021 cap number), Bobby Wagner ($17.2M), Jarran Reed ($13.5M), Duane Brown ($13M) and Tyler Lockett ($12.6M), several quality free agents they need to pay (like K.J. Wright, Chris Carson, Shaquill Griffin, Bruce Irvin, Mike Iupati and Quinton Dunbar), and the uncertainty of what the 2021 cap will look like, Seattle doesn't have a ton of money to play with.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not yet he didn't.

He's gone from the Jets.

He's on a winning team.

He'll get paid by someone or he'll take less and sign with the Cowboys.

He won as did the Jets IMHO.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

He's gone from the Jets.

He's on a winning team.

We'll see how that holds up after he gets abused by George Kittle.  Dallas might not even want him by then.  Especially if/when he causes trouble with Seattle.  2 different franchises getting tired of him wouldn't make him an easy sell for Jamals' agent.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Translation: “Grass ain’t always greener now that you have to cover people, you ******* loser.” Preach, Gregg. Preach.

Ok. So first off, I don't read it as Jamal will have to cover people. Like, at all. Seattle uses a ton of cover 2. When they were winning they used it with elite talent on the outside which allowed the safeties to roam and ball hawk and wreak havoc down the middle of the field. Now that they lost the elite CBs they still use Cover 2 b/c it helps them hide their deficiencies on the outside. The safeties can now help. Jamal will come in and he will be able to do both- help the CBs in coverage and ball hawk. They will probably use him in a few exotic blitzes once in a while as well, but certainly not like GW did. 

Also, I don't know how much of a burn this really is. Ok, so Jamal won't be used in the same unique way. And he probably won't ever have as many sacks. But he will probably end up with more INTs. And the Seahawks turned their safeties into stars. I mean, he's going to a team that won a SB by having a dominant secondary and safety play was integral to that.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Ok. So first off, I don't read it as Jamal will have to cover people. Like, at all. Seattle uses a ton of cover 2. When they were winning they used it with elite talent on the outside which allowed the safeties to roam and ball hawk and wreak havoc down the middle of the field. Now that they lost the elite CBs they still use Cover 2 b/c it helps them hide their deficiencies on the outside. The safeties can now help. Jamal will come in and he will be able to do both- help the CBs in coverage and ball hawk. They will probably use him in a few exotic blitzes once in a while as well, but certainly not like GW did. 

Certainly his 2 greatest strengths.  

8 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Also, I don't know how much of a burn this really is. Ok, so Jamal won't be used in the same unique way. And he probably won't ever have as many sacks. But he will probably end up with more INTs. And the Seahawks turned their safeties into stars. I mean, he's going to a team that won a SB by having a dominant secondary and safety play was integral to that.  

lol.  Well its certainly hard for him to have LESS INTs than he had his first 3 seasons.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I, too, am excited to watch Jamal Adams attempt to do things he’s literally never done in his football life.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meanwhile I doubt he gets paid nearly as quickly as he thinks he will.  Between the cap numbers of Russell Wilson ($32M 2021 cap number), Bobby Wagner ($17.2M), Jarran Reed ($13.5M), Duane Brown ($13M) and Tyler Lockett ($12.6M), several quality free agents they need to pay (like K.J. Wright, Chris Carson, Shaquill Griffin, Mike Iupati and Quinton Dunbar), and the uncertainty of what the 2021 cap will look like, Seattle doesn't have a ton of money to play with.

Hey, that's a biased opinion of the Pacific Northwest lol.... I was just there for 2 weeks and it only rained once and that was for like 5 minutes... Seriously though, it does rain a lot in the winter.  That's why I always pick last week in July and first week of August, or the first 2 weeks of August to go out there. That's usually the best 2 weeks to go out, but their summers are usually very nice. I have 2 sisters that live out there and soon my mom will join them. My buddy who I also was visiting was complaining of it being to hot at 82 degrees lol... I told him that's a welcome temp in the summer here in NC lol...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, peebag said:

He's gone from the Jets.

He's on a winning team.

Very unlikely SEA lets him go after trading two 1st round picks for him.  Jamal probably thinks he has ALL the leverage because of the price they paid, and he will possibly try to gouge them for whatever number he and his agent can dream up.  If they can't agree on money, then SEA will almost certainly string him along next year and probably franchise him the year after...at Safety money. 

It's all honeymoon now, but if they don't make it to the SB and he doesn't get paid what he thinks he's worth, what makes anyone think it will have a happy ending.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Behead your fallen enemies so they can’t be reincarnated.

Whenever I am watching a movie and the good people characters get held hostage and then the scrip flips and they get the upper hand...

am always votingthey put a bullet in thebad guys knee...   instead of not disabling them and then they get chased after 

( i have also voted for cuttingthe patellar or achilles tendon)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

they are already talking about cutting Duane Brown 

good teams find cap room

sh*tty ones stay 30 mil under the cap and pretend they are saving it for a rainy day 

• Thumb Down 3