Gregg Williams shade quote on Jamal Adams is fun

T0mShane

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

Hey, that's a biased opinion of the Pacific Northwest lol.... I was just there for 2 weeks and it only rained once and that was for like 5 minutes... Seriously though, it does rain a lot in the winter.  That's why I always pick last week in July and first week of August, or the first 2 weeks of August to go out there. That's usually the best 2 weeks to go out, but their summers are usually very nice. I have 2 sisters that live out there and soon my mom will join them. My buddy who I also was visiting was complaining of it being to hot at 82 degrees lol... I told him that's a welcome temp in the summer here in NC lol...

Climate in Seattle C.O., Washington

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Climate in Seattle C.O., Washington

Supports my statement lol... I've been going out there for the past 30 years. First to the Portland area because that's where my litter sister lived, but now that both my sisters are in the Seattle area for the past 20 or so years, I usually only go in the summer. I've camped all over Washington, and into British Columbia. It's some of the finest country in the lower 48. My buddy keeps asking me to go to Alaska with him. Now that I will be retired next month, I might take him up on it.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I, too, am excited to watch Jamal Adams attempt to do things he’s literally never done in his football life.

I dunno, he clearly has fantastic football instincts. He's been assigned man coverage on TEs, he's been sent as a blitzer to pressure the QB, he's been a QB spy, he's played deep zone, he's been given the green light to roam and make decisions on his own. I think he is a very versatile safety. He may not be exceptional at anyone of these these things other than being a box safety but he's definitely versatile and his instincts and feel for the game are off the charts. I think Seattle will take advantage of that in a Cover 2 and he will do well there, even if he doesn't have astounding numbers. He will definitely immediately improve their defense.    

21 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I dunno, he clearly has fantastic football instincts. He's been assigned man coverage on TEs, he's been sent as a blitzer to pressure the QB, he's been a QB spy, he's played deep zone, he's been given the green light to roam and make decisions on his own. I think he is a very versatile safety. He may not be exceptional at anyone of these these things other than being a box safety but he's definitely versatile and his instincts and feel for the game are off the charts. I think Seattle will take advantage of that in a Cover 2 and he will do well there, even if he doesn't have astounding numbers. He will definitely immediately improve their defense.    

He's always a step slow to the ball (thanks to "meh" athleticism) and has awful hands.  He's not getting INTs for Seattle, or anywhere else.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Behead your fallen enemies so they can’t be reincarnated.

That didn't work out so well for Sigurd the Mighty...

His death was said to have been caused by the severed head of Máel Brigte, whom Sigurd defeated in battle.[1] As he rode a horse with Máel Brigte's head attached to his saddle as a trophy, one of Máel Brigte's teeth grazed against Sigurd's leg. The wound became infected, later causing Sigurd's death.[2]

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Translation: “Grass ain’t always greener now that you have to cover people, you ******* loser.” Preach, Gregg. Preach.

been saying since the whole jamal thing started. gregg willims *WAS* jamal.  he schemed to put jamal in position to make plays.  hell... eric smith would have had as many sacks and tackles as jamal in williams system

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, hamat711 said:

This is a major L for Gregg Williams.

Pete Carroll specializes in DBs. Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas were the best safety tandem while they played.

Jamal was one of the best safeties before Gregg started coaching him.

Jamal is a perfect fit in their system and that is why they traded two first round picks for him.

Thomas was a ballhawk.  Chancellor was a vicious open field hitter 

Adams is neither

8 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

been saying since the whole jamal thing started. gregg willims *WAS* jamal.  he schemed to put jamal in position to make plays.  hell... eric smith would have had as many sacks and tackles as jamal in williams system

Definitely the 6.5 Sacks Adams got last year a lot of the credit has to go to Williams 

13 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'm no Jamal fan, but let's not too get ridiculous now.  I agree with the premise, but if there's one strength Adams had, at least he wasn't constantly tripping and falling on his stupid friggin' face every single time he ever had an opportunity to be making any meaningful play (ugh, I hated Eric Smith sooooooo much).

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'm no Jamal fan, but let's not too get ridiculous now.  I agree with the premise, but if there's one strength Adams had, at least he wasn't constantly tripping and falling on his stupid friggin' face every single time he ever had an opportunity to be making any meaningful play (ugh, I hated Eric Smith sooooooo much).

Eric Smith, every Tight End’s dream matchup in man to man

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

That didn't work out so well for Sigurd the Mighty...

His death was said to have been caused by the severed head of Máel Brigte, whom Sigurd defeated in battle.[1] As he rode a horse with Máel Brigte's head attached to his saddle as a trophy, one of Máel Brigte's teeth grazed against Sigurd's leg. The wound became infected, later causing Sigurd's death.[2]

Nice to get a little historical learning in. I'll remember to pack a sturdy tote bag so I'm prepared for this possibility the next time I go to battle.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1