Gregg Williams shade quote on Jamal Adams is fun

T0mShane

9 hours ago, PepPep said:

Ok. So first off, I don't read it as Jamal will have to cover people. Like, at all. Seattle uses a ton of cover 2. When they were winning they used it with elite talent on the outside which allowed the safeties to roam and ball hawk and wreak havoc down the middle of the field. Now that they lost the elite CBs they still use Cover 2 b/c it helps them hide their deficiencies on the outside. The safeties can now help. Jamal will come in and he will be able to do both- help the CBs in coverage and ball hawk. They will probably use him in a few exotic blitzes once in a while as well, but certainly not like GW did. 

Also, I don't know how much of a burn this really is. Ok, so Jamal won't be used in the same unique way. And he probably won't ever have as many sacks. But he will probably end up with more INTs. And the Seahawks turned their safeties into stars. I mean, he's going to a team that won a SB by having a dominant secondary and safety play was integral to that.  

Problem with Jamal is he's the greatest BOX safety in the league. 

His coverage skills are average at best. Seattle paid a lot to receive an average at best safety for their system. 

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

In fairness to Carroll, I'm sure he's aiming to have plenty of games with garbage time featuring opponents' backup QBs for Adams to just go wild against.

It's like watching two grandpa's argue over which one the grandkids like best.

SAR I

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Thomas was a ballhawk.  Chancellor was a vicious open field hitter 

Adams is neither

that tandem played with two CB's that could cover and a front 7 that all did their job.  football is the ultimate team sport. many of the plays that a guy makes or cant make are a result of the quality around him and the abilities of the coach. 

another thought here about jamal and the trade.

it is sound practice never to overpay a secondary position.  The only long term monster contract a gm should agree to get tied up in is for proven franchise qb.   Even a blockbuster deal with an edge rusher, cb or wr can wind up blowing up in your face.  every guy is only one play away from busting their ass and winding up on the bench.  and as stated before, a guy that looks like a world beater in one set of circumstances often falls flat in another.  Albert Haynesworth, Nnamdi Asomugha, OBJ, all the guys the Patriots cashed in... The list is endless.  You cant buy a championship team.  It takes great vision, sound decisions by your GM and an understanding by the GM of what the HC, OC and DC need to bake the cake they way they like to make it.

Splurging on secondary positions or yesterday's highlight reel player is foolhardy. 

THIS is why I am excited about the long term future of the jets for the fist time in years.  JD is the real deal. Rejoice... 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

that tandem played with two CB's that could cover and a front 7 that all did their job.  football is the ultimate team sport. many of the plays that a guy makes or cant make are a result of the quality around him and the abilities of the coach. 

another thought here about jamal and the trade.

it is sound practice never to overpay a secondary position.  The only long term monster contract a gm should agree to get tied up in is for proven franchise qb.   Even a blockbuster deal with an edge rusher, cb or wr can wind up blowing up in your face.  every guy is only one play away from busting their ass and winding up on the bench.  and as stated before, a guy that looks like a world beater in one set of circumstances often falls flat in another.  Albert Haynesworth, Nnamdi Asomugha, OBJ, all the guys the Patriots cashed in... The list is endless.  You cant buy a championship team.  It takes great vision, sound decisions by your GM and an understanding by the GM of what the HC, OC and DC need to bake the cake they way they like to make it.

Splurging on secondary positions or yesterday's highlight reel player is foolhardy. 

THIS is why I am excited about the long term future of the jets for the fist time in years.  JD is the real deal. Rejoice... 

They played with one CB who could cover.