GreekJet

Rank these QBs: Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Dan Dimes

1 minute ago, GreekJet said:

1) Darnold

2) Dimes

3) Allen 

Am I a homer?

No.  If he's not better than those two, then we have major problems.  Kind of sad that he's even being compared to them.  I am hopeful for the days when someone asks: "rank these three:  Darnold, Mahomes, Wilson" or something like that.

• Upvote 1

Darnold, Dimes, Allen.

Darnold has the most upside, accurate thrower and instinctual player. Needs to get better at decision making from the pocket. Dimes is kind of robotic, but is athletic and accurate and efficient. Needs to work on pocket presence but I think he'll be a good pro. I think Allen is already near his ceiling. Big, super athletic, rocket arm but poor accuracy and no touch. You can win with him but I don't think he'll ever be above average as a passer.

19 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Darnold, Dimes, Allen.

Darnold has the most upside, accurate thrower and instinctual player. Needs to get better at decision making from the pocket. Dimes is kind of robotic, but is athletic and accurate and efficient. Needs to work on pocket presence but I think he'll be a good pro. I think Allen is already near his ceiling. Big, super athletic, rocket arm but poor accuracy and no touch. You can win with him but I don't think he'll ever be above average as a passer.

I’ll say this about Dan Dimes-he throws a prettier ball than most QBs. 

• Upvote 1

Imagine the whole point of the NFL season was to determine the list of top 100 players at the end. Remember when it was about winning a Super Bowl?

• Upvote 1

Darnold, Allen, Jones

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Could you imagine the media reaction to a Jets rookie QB that fumbled 18 times in 12 starts?

Yes I can.

BTW, loser organizations worry about how their players rank, winners just think about making the playoffs and super bowls. Guess we’re still in the former category...

• Upvote 1

1. Darnold

2. Allen

3. Jones

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Yes I can.

BTW, loser organizations worry about how their players rank, winners just think about making the playoffs and super bowls. Guess we’re still in the former category...

Yeah, the Giants organization is so focused on winning Super Bowls they forgot to win a playoff game  the last 9 years. 

• Post of the Week 2

Funny how Mayfield isn't even in the discussion anymore.  It's like people forgot he existed.  Well at least he's doing better than Rosen.

Darnold

Jones 

Allen

They're all very close until one truly steps up, but I prefer the skill set of Darnold. Though I will go on the record and say that I do think Jones will be a good NFL QB. 

Right now its 

1. Allen - Based purely on production, you have to put Allen on top. He was 6th in the league in total TDs despite sitting most of the final week. He took a step forward from his rookie year. He took an ever bigger step forward from week 5 onward where he had 23 TDs and only 5 turnovers during that span. 

Allen's biggest issue is his accuracy and this isn't an easy issue to fix. It was a problem in college and the pros. Allen also has the worst pure passing numbers of any of the QBs on this list. While Allen lacks in passing, he is still a dangerous weapon on the football field. He is also as big of a threat in the Redzone as prime Cam Newton. 

2. Daniel Jones - The most efficient passer of this group. Jones has also shown to be very mobile with his legs. When he starts, Daniel Jones averages more yards per game than all these players. Daniel Jones was very productive for a rookie despite both his starting WRs and TE missing extended time. He was able to turn the rookie Darius Slayton into a legitimate threat.

Daniel Jones biggest issue was ball security. He just had too many fumbles. Unlike Darnold and Allen, fumbling is one of the easiest things to fix. If you expand Daniel Jones ROOKIE stats over a full season, he would have accounted for 4,378 Total Yards, 34 TDs and 16 Ints.  Lets be real, you guys would love if Darnold put up those numbers. His only issue is fumbles. Jones' weapons even when healthy aren't great besides for Saquan and his line isn't good either.

3. Sam Darnold - The Jets traded up for Sam Darnold because they believed he would make the players around him better. Up until this point, he is only as good as the players around him and hasn't been able to make the players around him better. While the Jets record improved when Darnold came back, that was due to a mixture of competition and great performances by the defenses for the most part. 

Darnold is not the best passer of this group, and all of these guys are in the bottom third of the league in that respect. Daniel Jones is a better passer than Darnold by most metrics. Both Jones and Allen are also much bigger dual threats QBs. What worries me is Darnold's turnovers are a result of poor decision making too often. That was a problem in College and that has been consistent in the NFL. This should no longer be ignored. I know everyone here loves his potential, but at some point you need to produce despite the odds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, the Giants organization is so focused on winning Super Bowls they forgot to win a playoff game  the last 9 years. 

How can you throw shade at the Giants as a Jets fan?

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Funny how Mayfield isn't even in the discussion anymore.  It's like people forgot he existed.  Well at least he's doing better than Rosen.

He is comparing the NY QBs. 

Mayfield, Allen and Darnold are still being compared and this is a key year for all of them.

3 hours ago, hamat711 said:

He is comparing the NY QBs. 

Mayfield, Allen and Darnold are still being compared and this is a key year for all of them.

I see.  Odd though since there are about 5 teams that are closer to NYC than BUF.  

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I see.  Odd though since there are about 5 teams that are closer to NYC than BUF.  

Technically, only one of those teams play in New York, so I see what you are saying.