Seahawks cut Kemah Siverand after CB caught sneaking visitor into team hotel

https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-cut-kemah-siverand-after-cb-caught-sneaking-visitor-into-team-hotel

Seahawks cut Kemah Siverand after CB caught sneaking visitor into team hotel

Published: Aug 13, 2020 at 03:05 PM

Headshot_Author_Nick-shook_1400x1000

Nick Shook

Around The NFL Writer

The Seattle Seahawks waived Kemah Siverand, a little-known rookie cornerback, on Tuesday, and the reason for his departure has come to light.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday Seattle cut Siverand, an undrafted free agent, after he was caught on video trying to sneak a female visitor into the team hotel, per sources informed of the situation. The woman was wearing Seahawks gear in an attempt to disguise her as a player, Pelissero added.

Siverand's attempt to welcome a visitor into the team hotel was a violation of team rules, especially during a camp that is operating amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. With outside contact expected to be at a minimum if at all, jeopardizing the rest of Seattle's team by inviting an outside visitor into the team's hotel was a violation the Seahawks could not overlook.

Even in a regular, non-pandemic camp setting, players are usually forbidden from welcoming visitors to team hotels or dorms. Former Maryland receiver Deon Long was cut for a similar transgression during the Rams' 2016 training camp, which was shown on the 2016 season of Hard Knocks.

• Upvote 2
46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Sometimes the complete hypocrisy of the NFL bugs me. What would happen with Jamal if he did that?

You don't think LeBron James gets treated differently than the last man on the bench?

Of course they're just making an example of a kid that was never going to help the team.  It's a smart move. Sends a message.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Poor guy just trying to get his nut. 

now I know why Mosley opted out

4 months of abstaining from sex. You couldn’t pay me 20m to do that either

It's not that hard. I once went the first 27 years of my life without sex. Then 7 years following that 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You don't think LeBron James gets treated differently than the last man on the bench?

Of course they're just making an example of a kid that was never going to help the team.  It's a smart move. Sends a message.

But if you only do it with scrubs that were getting cut anyway it really doesn't TBH.

1. Could you imagine missing out on 100k+ over a career for some ass? Beyond moronic

2. Hey CJ, this is why they were trying to  be ass#oles about player restrictions. Because most grown people (coaching staff/office staff) are FAAAAARRRR less likely to do dumb sh#t like this.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Seahawks are sexists. They are hindering women from the work place and denying equal opportunity. 

cancel the Seahawks!

Apparently you cancelled logic

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, TnT said:

1. Could you imagine missing out on 100k+ over a career for some ass? Beyond moronic

2. Hey CJ, this is why they were trying to  be ass#oles about player restrictions. Because most grown people (coaching staff/office staff) are FAAAAARRRR less likely to do dumb sh#t like this.

100k+ what is this in reference to?

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I believe in thisCase it’s just 1 dumbass 

No lots of them, guys with their one shot at making it if all things go well and they just throw it all away because they can't do without a woman or dope or booze or clubbing or whatever.

7 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Poor guy just trying to get his nut. 

now I know why Mosley opted out

4 months of abstaining from sex. You couldn’t pay me 20m to do that either

Either you are rich as sh*t and money no problems or your bad at math and critical thinking skills. 

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

100k+ what is this in reference to?

I mean if he’s a fringe practice squad guy and never gets a shot...

or this holds him back and he has to battle his way back after a couple years.

just an estimation.