Training Camp Tweets 8/14

kdels62

40 minutes ago, ljr said:

ok, unsure whether they're breaking the huddle and playing to the right or to the left ... will have to try to dissect this further, as we have very little football info

Well if you read this hint to the alignment from The Atlantic he’s at LT:

The Jets’ media policy prevents reporting of specific alignments, so you’ll have to connect the dots for the position each guy played. Sam Darnold, Le’Veon Bell, Chris Herndon, Vyncint Smith, Jamison Crowder, Breshad Perriman, Mekhi Becton, Alex Lewis, Connor McGovern, Greg Van Roten and George Fant worked with the first-team offense.

Looks like Bectons at LT if you assume the hint is to read the OL as written from left to right.  That would put Becton to the left of the LG, A Lewis.  It would put Fant to the right of GVR, the RG.  Seems to me that’s how it’s written 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

What is with the great love affair with RA. Perriman will surprise all those folks. By end of season it’s gonna be

”Robby who”?

I think JD knew with the depth at WR this year a few guys would fall into UDFA food chain like Cager. Let's see how this ends up vs guys that were drafted. With a good personnel guy in here, KNOWING that the Jets are a great destination for a young WR to catch on with a young QB that has shown some spark, he probably knew he could get a few of the top guys left to sign on with the Jets. If you don't think having Darnold here & lack of depth at WR isn't a great opportunity, your crazy. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well if you read this hint to the alignment from The Atlantic he’s at LT:

The Jets’ media policy prevents reporting of specific alignments, so you’ll have to connect the dots for the position each guy played. Sam Darnold, Le’Veon Bell, Chris Herndon, Vyncint Smith, Jamison Crowder, Breshad Perriman, Mekhi Becton, Alex Lewis, Connor McGovern, Greg Van Roten and George Fant worked with the first-team offense.

Looks like Bectons at LT if you assume the hint is to read the OL as written from left to right.  That would put Becton to the left of the LG, A Lewis.  It would put Fant to the right of GVR, the RG.  Seems to me that’s how it’s written 

found this shot from last year with Beachum

alright, I'm happily in on Beckton's place in the huddle being a good omen!

nyjets - beachum huddle.jpeg

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Fair enough but Anderson's 779 yards was in a season where Jet Legends, Luke Falk and Trevor Sieman, threw for a combined total of 419 yards in four of those games. I think it's likely that Anderson's total yardage might have been affected by Sam Darnold's monopoly game.

And Perriman started  5 games late last season and had 500 yards and 5 TDs in those 5 games.  I'm not losing any sleep over the loss of Anderson.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

And Perriman started  5 games late last season and had 500 yards and 5 TDs in those 5 games.  I'm not losing any sleep over the loss of Anderson.

I will miss trying to understand what he was saying in his tweets.. I did get the jizzing in the Cops wife's eye though..?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I will miss trying to understand what he was saying in his tweets.. I did get the jizzing in the Cops wife's eye though..?

Or in his interviews.  

Between that weird accent and his interpretation of the English language.  ?

20 hours ago, Drums said:

Me? I’m not complaining haha and would be ecstatic if Perriman has an RA type season. When you look at the numbers, Robby didn’t leave as big of a whole as you would think. Quite frankly I think JD just got rid of personalities he didn’t like or need. It is what it is. 

Robby is a soild nfl wr 2/3. shrug. he took an awful lotta sh*ttalking from JN cos he wasnt a top tier guy.

i would also be very happy for RP to get similar #s. (hopefully a much higher catch %, tho thats unlikley cos his career % is lower than RA)

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So weird to have a media member attend a practice and come away with a report that doesn’t read as “lolz practice is gay find me on Twitch where I totes dom on Fortnite”

I wish Kim was full time on Jets. Didnt say a whole lot here but she is really solid. 

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

You can catch a glimpse of Becton at LT in this video released by Jets.

He’s the focus of One JetsDrive episode-3, so I’m sure we’ll get much more than a glimpse. 

Truth is, JD has said he values players that have OL versatility and can play multiple positions. So we might see a glimpse of him at LT, RT, and standing in different parts of the huddle. Ideally, I’m sure our GM would like his first ever draft pick to be one that has historically been a high value position like LT (to “protect the blindside”), but given the ability for defenses to bring a pass rush from the inside, left side, right side, etc., it’s more important that you just play a guy where he sucks the least.  NOW is the time to figure it out though—when you can still protect your FQB with a whistle if there’s a blown assignment; not on Sunday when Darnold can legit get paralyzed if 77 isn’t ready.  

...might be why they have the new “no tell” policy? 

• Upvote 1