Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
UnknownJetFan

Mims, Gore, and Desir dealing with hamstring injuries

Recommended Posts

After me recent hammy experience I’m sure these guys are told to shut it with even the slightest pulls. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have they been hanging out with Herndon?

But seriously, if the Jets ends up with a rash of injuries on offense again early this year then there's no hope at ever seeing what Darnold can do.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'll have plenty of time to heal when there is no season.

 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna link it but manish tweeted that its not serious team is just being cautious

 

edit- for mims that is idk about desir

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just said in the other thread that the trainers are not doing a good job of teaching these guys to stretch properly and quite possibly often enough.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Mims, Gore, and Desir dealing with hamstring injuries, geez. They just started praticing. We need especially Mims to get on the same page with Dranold and can't afford him out for long or it will hamper our O for sure.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/14/denzel-mims-frank-gore-dealing-with-hamstring-injuries/

gilmore-girls-gif-10.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

Just said in the other thread that the trainers are not doing a good job of teaching these guys to stretch properly and quite possibly often enough.

Agreed completely. I hope this does not become an epidemic.

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dread a rerun of the famous 'Tour de France' scene from Hard Knocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mims off to a great start....ugh.  This whole season just feels so weird, and it sucks the Jets will have no time to prepare their brand new o-line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, House Jet said:

Not gonna link it but manish tweeted that its not serious team is just being cautious

 

edit- for mims that is idk about desir

Oh Manish said that? So now I"m guessing Mims hamstring is completely ripped in half...

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this blame the trainer thing rears its stupid head year after year on every team with an injury rash in every sport....

its garbage...

at this level the difference between stretching routines between teams is neglible...

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Just said in the other thread that the trainers are not doing a good job of teaching these guys to stretch properly and quite possibly often enough.

And thats total fantasy

You do realize that players stretch, every one of them, before practice even starts, right? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

this blame the trainer thing rears its stupid head year after year on every team with an injury rash in every sport....

its garbage...

at this level the difference between stretching routines between teams is neglible...

 

Yeah and they’ve been athletes for most of, if not their entire lives. They should and probably do know how to stretch. I’ve never seen a camp where some people didn’t pull hamstrings and I think they’re just being cautious anyway. Still sucks for Mims

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JiF said:

They'll have plenty of time to heal when there is no season.

 

Plenty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yeah and they’ve been athletes for most of, if not their entire lives. They should and probably do know how to stretch. I’ve never seen a camp where some people didn’t pull hamstrings and I think they’re just being cautious anyway. Still sucks for Mims

every sport every year a team gets a rash of injuries and some idiot internet fan starts sh*ttalkingthe trainers...

its ******* retarded

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

But seriously, if the Jets ends up with a rash of injuries on offense again early this year then there's no hope at ever seeing what Darnold can do.

Interesting how often Gase-led teams have massive numbers of injuries.

Maybe he is cursed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

every sport every year a team gets a rash of injuries and some idiot internet fan starts sh*ttalkingthe trainers...

its ******* retarded

It’s on the player. Walking wounded. If you’re missing the first practice as a rookie yeah it’s probably not gonna work out.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s on the player. Walking wounded. If you’re missing the first practice as a rookie yeah it’s probably not gonna work out.

That’s a click bait hot take. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

That’s a click bait hot take. 

Nah. Fairly easy to identify these things. 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Le'Veon Bell needs to sell Joe Douglas on his boy Antonio Brown. Two skill position Killer B's reunited with Big Sam. It would be like Van Halen with Sammy Hagar....it's not as good as David Lee Roth, but it's damn good with Hagar. Go get AB, Joe D.

 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It’s on the player. Walking wounded. If you’re missing the first practice as a rookie yeah it’s probably not gonna work out.

hamstrings happen, ask Pulisic

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Just said in the other thread that the trainers are not doing a good job of teaching these guys to stretch properly and quite possibly often enough.

How do you know they didn't pull their hammies during team stretching?  Could be the rash of injuries that seems to be a constant in pro-sports may be due to guys trying to stay in peak shape year round?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulling a hamstring isn’t about stretching.  It’s more about strength.  You can train a hamstring not to strain.  I fixed mine with Pilates exercises. 
 

something is wrong with the Jets training.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, varjet said:

Pulling a hamstring isn’t about stretching.  It’s more about strength.  You can train a hamstring not to strain.  I fixed mine with Pilates exercises. 
 

something is wrong with the Jets training.  

Or they had to train by themselves for months on end... And now coming into a practice where they are using muscles differently then they trained and they tweak them... Stephania Bell and Jene bramel have both talked about how these soft tissue injuries are going to happen all over the league this year because of the lack of Minicamps and training they have gotten. Especially from rookies that don't know how to train properly and spent training for combine... 

But what do they know, right... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire the trainer! Don’t they stretch?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure they are shutting these guys down early enough I believe with Mims he came down from a catch and felt something in his hamstring area.   Gase covered this in his presser.  It's all a precaution.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have they been hanging out with Herndon?

But seriously, if the Jets ends up with a rash of injuries on offense again early this year then there's no hope at ever seeing what Darnold can do.

Already with excuses ??? Slightly joking with you here .. but seriously no one is going to feel sorry for Sam if he sh*ts the bed regardless of the injury situation ... Year 3 .. time to take the training wheels off.

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 10:57 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Le'Veon Bell needs to sell Joe Douglas on his boy Antonio Brown. Two skill position Killer B's reunited with Big Sam. It would be like Van Halen with Sammy Hagar....it's not as good as David Lee Roth, but it's damn good with Hagar. Go get AB, Joe D.

 

It’s all one could ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...