Mims Misses 1st Practice; Gase Gives Updates

Adam Gase

On Friday the Jets held a non padded practice which included team drills for the first time. Adam Gase held a press conference after practice yesterday and gave a few updates. These players did not practice:

WR Denzel Mims – hamstring
RB Frank Gore – hamstring
DL Bronson Kaufusi – hamstring
CB Pierre Desir – Hamstring
DL Jabari Zuniga (quad)
RB Kenneth Dixon – hip flexor

The name that jumps right out is Denzel Mims. The rookie wide receiver is expected to compete for a starting position. Gase said he can’t remember if it was Wednesday or Thursday when Mims got hurt. It was a low throw and he stretched himself out, then felt something. Gase didn’t provide a timeline other than to say, we will see how long it takes. With field time being so limited this year the importance of reps is amplified.  Gase also stressed that every rep is extremely valuable and the coaching staff will spend time doing walk throughs with Mims so he can get his alignments and assignments without having to go full speed.

Gase stressed that this was the first team practice since December and they had great energy. On the downside there were too many pre-snap penalties.

The full press conference appears below and it you want to get pumped for the season Sam Darnold and Le’Veon Bell have a short message for you.

Be sure to visit our forums for updates on the New York Jets roster.

The post Mims Misses 1st Practice; Gase Gives Updates appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
fSL2LXvZx2I

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Riggins said:

The Jets fired the trainer because of all the hamstring injures, so what do they do, hire his assistant.   The result, predictable.  Gase is just a moron, this proves it.

Yeah, camp muscle pulls are the fault of the trainer.  Who was hired by the HC.  Proving he’s a moron.   

LOL, seriously?

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, camp muscle pulls are because of the trainer.  Who was hired by the HC.  Proving he’s a moron.  
LOL, seriously?

To me it seems the teams were much healthier in the old time 2 a day training camp workouts the players association got rid of..   

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

To me it seems the teams were much healthier in the old time 2 a day training camp workouts the players association got rid of..   

I dont know if its an illusion given that with 2 a days there was so much actual football being reported compared to today where it seems like there is more rehashing of what was said in press conferences along with the casual report of a throw or run.

Damn, I miss those two a days.  Loved going to Hofstra nice and early to catch the morning practice, go out for lunch and return for the afternoon session.  

• Upvote 1