If Becton were guaranteed to have a D'Brickashaw-like career, would you take it, or roll the dice with his upside?

If Becton were guaranteed to have a D'Brickashaw-like career, would you take it, or roll the dice with his upside?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Settle for Becton being D'Brick 2.0?

• Yes
    • No

Ferguson's accolades:

• 3x Pro Bowler

• 160 consecutive starts

• Never missed a game in his career

Generally, I think this would be a no-brainer and a landslide, but I pose the question as I've seen numerous posters on this board, NFL talking heads, etc., mention how Becton could be a perennial all pro and hall of fame player at the end of day.

Ferguson had a very good, not great career, but he solidified the left side of the line since the day he stepped onto the field. Absolutely nothing to scoff at.

So, knowing what we currently know about how Becton's career will pan out (nothing), would you be willing to forgo a decade of above-average LT play and deal with any of the potential outcomes (bust, average, pro bowler, etc.), in order to see if Becton could fulfill his potential?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

If Becton was a steady and reliable force protecting Darnold's blindside for his career, I would absolutely take it. That's what D'Brick provided.

Marvin Powell was a 5 time Pro Bowler and 3 time All Pro yet Kenny lovers always blamed the O-line for his failures. If you have a QB that has cement shoes for feet and can't move and has a slow release it's not always on the O-line.. I'll take the upside of Becton plus Sam is not a statue like Kenny was..

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Marvin Powell was a 5 time Pro Bowler and 3 time All Pro yet Kenny lovers always blamed the O-line for his failures. If you have a QB that has cement shoes for feet and can't move and has a slow release it's not always on the O-line.. I'll take the upside of Becton plus Sam is not a statue like Kenny was..

kenny held the ball forever

thuis, i also want all pro over pro bowl. we need munoz level

15 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Marvin Powell was a five time pro bowler ...ending in 1983.

His final year in NY was 1985- Kenny’s first year as the starter.

Kenny had cement feet but the line also blew. Not sure what any of this has to do with Sam-who does not have cement feet - or Becton, but sure.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

That's true, but Powell was only in front of Kenny for two years, and that was at RT. He wasn't old yet, but he had some tread on the tires.

Just now, SackExchangeNYJ said:

That's true, but Powell was only in front of Kenny for two years, and that was at RT. He wasn't old yet, but he had some tread on the tires.

Pat Ryan never had a problem with the O-line and even won a Playoff game something KO never did..

1 hour ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Ferguson's accolades:

• 3x Pro Bowler

• 160 consecutive starts

• Never missed a game in his career

Generally, I think this would be a no-brainer and a landslide, but I pose the question as I've seen numerous posters on this board, NFL talking heads, etc., mention how Becton could be a perennial all pro and hall of fame player at the end of day.

Ferguson had a very good, not great career, but he solidified the left side of the line since the day he stepped onto the field. Absolutely nothing to scoff at.

So, knowing what we currently know about how Becton's career will pan out (nothing), would you be willing to forgo a decade of above-average LT play and deal with any of the potential outcomes (bust, average, pro bowler, etc.), in order to see if Becton could fulfill his potential?

No brainer HOF er.

51 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

A 1 time Pro Bowler with the Jets most td's in a season with 6 and catch career % was under 50.. Your easy to please..

15 yards per catch, almost 700 as a rook, basically two 1,000 yard, 850 in a 13 game season here.  Followed up by going 900, 1,000, 1,600 and 982 yard seasons

Thats with the first two Jets seasons with your whipping boy, O'Brien at QB and then the immortal Browning Nagle before we "upgraded" to Boomer

Id sign up for that out of Mims.

23 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Pat Ryan never had a problem with the O-line and even won a Playoff game something KO never did..

Just look at their stats. Not even close. KOB had a passer rating over 80, while Ryan's was below 65. He had 30 more TDs than INTs, while Ryan had more career INTs than TDs. He had a higher passer rating.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

No one ever complained about the OL.

And if it weren't for KO, Ryan never would have sniffed a playoff game.  Theres no comparing the two, Ryan was a limited QB and KO was a hell of a good thrower.  

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Marvin Powell was a five time pro bowler ...ending in 1983.

His final year in NY was 1985- Kenny’s first year as the starter.

Kenny had cement feet but the line also blew. Not sure what any of this has to do with Sam-who does not have cement feet - or Becton, but sure.

Glad you asked, I wasn't getting it either.

We always do get a history lesson on a complete target out of Savage.  But he is teaching the youngsters a bit of Jets history.  ?