If Becton were guaranteed to have a D'Brickashaw-like career, would you take it, or roll the dice with his upside?

If Becton were guaranteed to have a D'Brickashaw-like career, would you take it, or roll the dice with his upside?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Settle for Becton being D'Brick 2.0?

• Yes
    • No

Kenny O'Brien got mentioned in this thread.  Now that I think about it, what happened to him that he ended up falling off a cliff after that 10-1 start in 1986?  He was never the same.  Was it that he couldn't take Paul Maguire badgering the team?

And while that really annoyed me, I've got to give Paul Maguire a lot of credit for making that call. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Just look at their stats. Not even close. KOB had a passer rating over 80, while Ryan's was below 65. He had 30 more TDs than INTs, while Ryan had more career INTs than TDs. He had a higher passer rating.

Pat Ryan being named the starter was a OH NO day at the Meadowlands.

Pat Ryan to me was just that JAG backup most teams had at the time.  

Sure, Ryan beat a lousy Chiefs team in a home playoff win.  With a loaded team that was a SB leading contender until it all broke down after 10-1 with KO.  He wowed us in the crowd with a50 or so passing yards.  Wasn't impressed, KO would have won that game.  Easily

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’d also sign up for Mims to have Rob Moore’s career.

I remember watching Moore play with a cast one game and catch everything! I was like 10 or 12 years old and totally mesmerized by it! Loved that guy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No one ever complained about the OL.

And if it weren't for KO, Ryan never would have sniffed a playoff game.  Theres no comparing the two, Ryan was a limited QB and KO was a hell of a good thrower.  

Of course Ryan was limited he was a 11th rd pick a UDFA today Kenny had a great arm it was other things that held him back like no mobility and a really slow release.. And I never got over passing on Marino..LOL

21 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

I remember watching Moore play with a cast one game and catch everything! I was like 10 or 12 years old and totally mesmerized by it! Loved that guy.

I remember him having a bunch of pretty good seasons, but @Savage69 is right—his catch rate was putrid. Even in his monster season in Arizona (97 catches, 1,475 yards) he only caught 46% or some sh*t.

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Of course Ryan was limited he was a 11th rd pick a UDFA today Kenny had a great arm it was other things that held him back like no mobility and a really slow release.. And I never got over passing on Marino..LOL

Lots of us never got over passing over Marino.

Kenny O'Brien got mentioned in this thread.  Now that I think about it, what happened to him that he ended up falling off a cliff after that 10-1 start in 1986?  He was never the same.  Was it that he couldn't take Paul Maguire badgering the team?
And while that really annoyed me, I've got to give Paul Maguire a lot of credit for making that call. 

Remember that too well. Talk about jinxing us. Still bothers me.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

As time passes, it becomes more and more clear how much we all took Brick and Mangold for granted over the years. The line has been a disaster for the last five years. Really don't think it's just some strange coincidence that it all went to complete sh*t since we lost both.

As Kanye once said when he was still somewhat sane: Having money's not everything, not having it is.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

what actually was D"brick ? other than dependable injury wise he was what I would call over all an average to good LT with 2 very good years.

Well said the best O lineman that came out of the 2006 draft was not the 4th pick in the first rd Brick but the 29th first rd pick Nick Mangold 7 time Probowler and 2 time all pro..

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

what actually was D"brick ? other than dependable injury wise he was what I would call over all an average to good LT with 2 very good years.

What he was, in actuality was a whole lot better player than youre describing.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If Ashtyn Davis could be half the player Jamal Adams is, I'll sign in a second.

I wouldn't.  !/2 the player of Jamal is simply no better than average.  Average doesn't get you to the Super Bowl.

29 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Would I sign up for Becton to ha e the same career as a pro bowl stud LT like Brick?

Why is this even a question?

pizza yes GIF

It’s a question because fans hope for/expect perfection. Myself included. Becton has a chance to be better and I would love it 

But there isn’t a GM in the league who wouldn’t say yes.  At least a GM not named McCagnan.

5 minutes ago, Alka said:

I wouldn't.  !/2 the player of Jamal is simply no better than average.  Average doesn't get you to the Super Bowl.

Disagree. JA was on his way to being poison in the locker room.  Seattle is gambling they can get him to control his emotions. Think that’s a bad bet