I feel bad for Darnold when I compare his supporting cast to Baker's and Allen's

hamat711

Nobody on the Jet's offense is the best at any given position of the three teams.

Besides for Leveon Bell and Chris Herndon all positions on the Jets would come in dead last among these three teams. The only one that is debateable is Cole Beasley vs Jamison Crowder because they had the same amount of TDs and nearly identical Yards Per Game.

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 3

33 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Nobody on the Jet's offense is the best at any given position of the three teams.

Besides for Leveon Bell and Chris Herndon all positions on the Jets would come in dead last among these three teams. The only one that is debateable is Cole Beasley vs Jamison Crowder because they had the same amount of TDs and nearly identical Yards Per Game.

I wouldn’t feel bad for him.... He was regarded as one of the best prospects to come in the last decade. It was a shock to most when Baker went 1 and not Sam.

Everyone is aware the way his first two years played out... He absolutely has the ability to be a top ten quarterback. Now it’s just time he proves it. The talent at skills is certainly far from elite- still- for sure good enough for Sam to get it done.

when I say get it done..... I mean elevate the players around you and be a very productive offense. Far as playoffs and wins and losses??? The Jets have their work cut out for them for sure. If Sam plays at a very high level and the Defense plays as well as last year.. They should win. 8-9 games.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hamat711 said:

OIP.VdjahXOo3tsVVnSBxhiaQwHaE1?pid=Api&r

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, hamat711 said:

I feel bad for you and the rest of the "Bills Mafia" when he gets a supporting cast

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hamat711 said:

No sh*t. 

Boots Riley Mind Blown GIF by Sorry To Bother You

Too bad despite a really good team  the Bills will never go anywhere because Josh Allen is trash. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, hamat711 said:

Do you have cable TV and refrigeration in your double-wide?

SAR I

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, hamat711 said:

100% AGREED. When your GM has to give personal assurances to Sammy's parents about giving him appropriate protection and weapons to utilize you know your teams management is a bunch of idiots. You know this when you see your GM takes the cheap way out fixing the OL. You know that when you haven't seen your team be competitive in nearly a decade. This team is 100% GARBAGE just like when Mike Macagnan was in charge. The ONLY difference I see is JD made an effort to fix the OL, albeit a cheap, half hearted effort and we have extra picks moving forward. But the fact remains, this team is right back at square one in regards to talented veterans. You absolutely CANNOT win with this team as it is currently comprised. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 8/15/2020 at 2:57 PM, hamat711 said:

so just what did obj and landry do for mayfield?  last time i looked they still finished with a worse recordthan the jets.  the bills?  their only advantage is that allen can run.  take away allen's run  ability and that team goes nowhere.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking of starting a thread titled "I feel bad for the supporting cast for Baker and Allen"

Can you imagine having your future dependent on those two JAGs passing proficiency?  Even a total JAG like Robbie was able to turn Darnold's passing talent into a 12 million dollar payday. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

I was thinking of starting a thread titled "I feel bad for the supporting cast for Baker and Allen"

Can you imagine having your future dependent on those two JAGs passing proficiency?  Even a total JAG like Robbie was able to turn Darnold's passing talent into a 12 million dollar payday. 

Watching Browns games last year the looks I saw on Beckham and Landry’s faces were not good.  That situation is about to get ugly.

3 hours ago, freestater said:

Oh my. The all too hot to handle "Maccagnan was bad at roster management" take. 

surprised oh my GIF

Shoulda been here 3 years ago.   Mac was considered an obvious upgrade over Idzik with the “true rebuild”.  Now posters are admitting he was even worse

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Shoulda been here 3 years ago.   Mac was considered an obvious upgrade over Idzik with the “true rebuild”.  Now posters are admitting he was even worse

Oh I was. Yes. I was hopeful too. Multiple safeties and DTs later, my hopes were dashed. Actually, it was the safety. Much like poor Carl (RIP) I often lament taking a safety over Watson. 

2 hours ago, freestater said:

Oh I was. Yes. I was hopeful too. Multiple safeties and DTs later, my hopes were dashed. Actually, it was the safety. Much like poor Carl (RIP) I often lament taking a safety over Watson. 

Adams is such an overrated player.  I don’t understand the media’s infatuation with that guy and he’s supposedly Mac’s one great move

On 8/15/2020 at 4:00 PM, Gibby said:

I wouldn’t feel bad for him.... He was regarded as one of the best prospects to come in the last decade. It was a shock to most when Baker went 1 and not Sam.

Everyone is aware the way his first two years played out... He absolutely has the ability to be a top ten quarterback. Now it’s just time he proves it. The talent at skills is certainly far from elite- still- for sure good enough for Sam to get it done.

when I say get it done..... I mean elevate the players around you and be a very productive offense. Far as playoffs and wins and losses??? The Jets have their work cut out for them for sure. If Sam plays at a very high level and the Defense plays as well as last year.. They should win. 8-9 games.

With Adams gone and Mosely sitting out, i no longer think 8 wins is possible.

38 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adams is such an overrated player.  I don’t understand the media’s infatuation with that guy and he’s supposedly Mac’s one great move

I hear ya.  Safety w/ a bunch of sacks is almost as pointless as a Watt getting TDs lined up as TE in goal line.