Jets Sign Chris Hogan: Bitonti OWNED

T0mShane

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s a solid signing. I like it.  But it is what it is, a solid vet and depth player. 
people around here are still holding out hope for a splashy signing/trade. 
It’s just not going to happen this year.  

It’s another rebuilding year - but I’m a bad guy for pointing out what’s obvious to everyone outside of JetNation. there isn’t a sincere attempt to field a truly competitive roster this year.  

That’s all I’ve been saying!

I agree. This season is predicated in keeping Sam upright and healthy. All this talk about needing better WRs is pointless if Sam doesn’t have time to get them the ball.

Plus, we’ll find out this season  if Mims truly is a #1 receiver in this league. If he is, then everything falls in line for 2021.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Surprised it wasn't DT. Already knows the offense and was 3x the receiver Hogan ever was

You could say that about 98% of all the receivers in the league now. People forget how great DT was. Watch the tape again of the Super Bowl when the Seahawks embarrassed Denver. DT was the only guy who didn't quit after about 20 mins. Think he caught 11 passes, and kept getting pounded by the "legion of doom." Just kept getting up and playing.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

With a side order of massive negativity, to be fair.

I guess I just wonder if you think there was some set of realistic actions JD could have made where this wouldn't have been the case.

Is there some set of actions you think JD could/should have taken where we would be a legitimate contender in 2020?

I‘ve listed then so many times.  I’m not doing it anymore. 

there were many things that could have been done in the OL, WR and defense. 
Heck, there are still massive D upgrades out there. 
Keeping our own T’s were an upgrade to Fant  - Jason Peters was still on the market until a couple of weeks ago. 

always potential for trades are always out there.  We certainly Made a trade to heavily downgrade the roster. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Surprised it wasn't DT. Already knows the offense and was 3x the receiver Hogan ever was

ronald mcdonald lol GIF by McDonald's CZ/SK

That’s the reason we needed to go in a new direction! Let the primordial stain of our previous offense be wiped from the memory of Jet fans forever.

In many ways similar to the removal of statues of historical figures and the rights granted us in the U.S. Constitution 

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I‘ve listed then so many times.  I’m not doing it anymore. 

there were many things that could have been done in the OL, WR and defense. 
Heck, there are still massive D upgrades out there. 
Keeping our own T’s were an upgrade to Fant  - Jason Peters was still on the market until a couple of weeks ago. 

always potential for trades are always out there.  We certainly Made a trade to heavily downgrade the roster. 

So you think JD is a horrible GM doing a horrible job so far in making our team worse, not better.

Fair enough, that's definitely a minority view right now, guess we'll see. 

On the bright side, you can lead the charge to demand he be fired after 2020 I guess.  

• Haha 1

Another NY guy comes home.  I think his wife is a doctor in Huntington.  

I think Darnold will get extended for a lot of money if he resembles a top 20 QB.  Its the Stafford plan.  He will play with draft picks.  

Mims pulling a hamstring week 1 is actually a disaster.  The Jets should bring in special emergency trainer.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Do they make a pill for delusional hope? Or is that something scientists know will go away naturally

Fans who are down on this team are not miserable. We're posting from the future

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Your level of certainty is what gives me the idea that you have an over inflated sense of confidence. I think the floor on this team barring injuries is 4-12 ceiling is probably 9-7. The floor is if Darnold doesn't end up being more than an up and down QB future backup journeyman. The ceiling I imagine is him progressing to a upper tier QB. Why 9-7 then? We have a rookie LT and the hope is that a rookie WR progresses with flashes of dominance. Even if Darnold takes steps this team as currently constructed has some issues and thus is limited. Your idea that they would need luck to achieve 5 wins is excessively pessimistic and your assuredness makes me doubt how objective you are being about the situation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So you think JD is a horrible GM doing a horrible job so far in making our team worse, not better.

Fair enough, that's definitely a minority view right now, guess we'll see. 

On the bright side, you can lead the charge to demand he be fired after 2020 I guess.  

That’s not even remotely what I said or think. 

All I’ve been saying is he’s rebuilding and not making an attempt to win this year. That position, by the way, is pretty much accepted outside of this forum.  
 I think the jury is still out on him. It’s clear he’s capable of dismantling a roster.  

Just not yet sure if he can build one or if he can draft well.  We’ll find out soon

2 hours ago, usanyj said:

Juju or Robinson are a must next year. I like juju more because of his past relationship with darnold at SC. 

Douglas should have a limo at Juju's house at around 0001 hours the day of free agency next March. makes too much sense not to happen. Who knows, may be occasion to make a deal at the deadline depending on where the 2 teams are in the standings this season. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That’s not even remotely what I said or think. 

Seems you want it both ways.  You're very negative exclusively, and you very clearly think he's made numerous mistakes and taken the team in the wrong direction. 

Hard to spin that into "I think he's a good GM so let's wait and see".  Sorry mate, but you thinking he is a bad GM (so far) is quite clear and rather unquestionable.

You're a doubter, what many call a "hater".  I can respect that, I get called that on Gase and Darnold all the time.  With Gase, I feel as you appear to on JD, I have no faith.  Darnold is more TBD.  JD, IMO, has been borderline perfect so far this offseason.  One of my few areas of no complaint.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Same sh*t different year. No WR depth to speak of, signing has-been’s and flash plans. Sigh. 

Agreed.   One hamstring pull by a rookie who has never suited up yet and the Jets are back to signing homeless vets off the street again.   It never ends.  

• Upvote 2

Super Bowl ring to show the locker room, experience in making the big plays at crucial times and a guy along with Crowder who Sam can lean on when a big 1st down is needed. We need the OL to step up, play as a unit and give Sam time. If this happens I’m confident we can contend with NE, Buf

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Seems you want it both ways.  You're very negative exclusively, and you very clearly think he's made numerous mistakes and taken the team in the wrong direction. 

Hard to spin that into "I think he's a good GM so let's wait and see".  Sorry mate, but you thinking he is a bad GM (so far) is quite clear and rather unquestionable.

You're a doubter, what many call a "hater".  I can respect that, I get called that on Gase and Darnold all the time.  With Gase, I feel as you appear to on JD, I have no faith.  Darnold is more TBD.  JD, IMO, has been borderline perfect so far this offseason.  One of my few areas of no complaint.

While I don’t agree with the full on rebuild we’re seeing, but I can live with. Just a difference of opinion.  He’s not bringing in quality talent and signing mostly one year deals because he’s tearing down the team to start over.
his goal is clearly to dismantle the team and I think he’s done a nice job accomplishing that    We’ll find out next year if he can build one   

My issue is with the fans here that insist he’s trying to win and we somehow now have top level talent. We don’t, but JD isn’t pretending like we do either. 

it’s not like he signed George Fant and GVR pretending like it’s an all-pro line.  Whereas many fans here think that’s what he did. 

If you want to be obtuse and not see the difference - then let’s just leave it alone. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

While I don’t agree with the full on rebuild we’re seeing, but I can live with. Just a difference of opinion.  He’s not bringing in quality talent and signing mostly one year deals because he’s tearing down the team to start over.
his goal is clearly to dismantle the team and I think he’s done a nice job accomplishing that    We’ll find out next year if he can build one   

My issue is with the fans here that insist he’s trying to win and we somehow now have top level talent. We don’t, but JD isn’t pretending like we do either. 

it’s not like he signed George Fant and GVR pretending like it’s an all-pro line.  Whereas many fans here think that’s what he did. 

If you want to be obtuse and not see the difference - then let’s just leave it alone. 

You're gonna see a team that's very hungry and has a lot of desire to prove that a 6-2 finish (in 2019) was not a fluke against 'soft schedule,'” Douglas said on a conference call with reporters on Monday.Jul 27, 2020

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So your beef is with the fans of this team and not the regime?  I haven't seen many JN posts suggesting Fant or GVR are all-pro players just that their different/better than last year's version.  Your posts smack of negativity whether its with the fans or the team.  Why bother posting here?  Strange way for you to build a brand. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You're gonna see a team that's very hungry and has a lot of desire to prove that a 6-2 finish (in 2019) was not a fluke against 'soft schedule,'” Douglas said on a conference call with reporters on Monday.Jul 27, 2020

Joe Douglas message to Jets fans: "My message is to the team and fanbase is we're trying to build this the right way. I think this deal does that. We're trying to build a foundation."

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s a solid signing. I like it.  But it is what it is, a solid vet and depth player. 
people around here are still holding out hope for a splashy signing/trade. 
It’s just not going to happen this year.  

It’s another rebuilding year - but I’m a bad guy for pointing out what’s obvious to everyone outside of JetNation. there isn’t a sincere attempt to field a truly competitive roster this year.  

That’s all I’ve been saying!

I'm with you man. I kinda agree if you saw my other post. I imagine you have followed this team longer and the failure just makes it come out more miserable. That I can get. We'll see hopefully they surprise us in a good way lol

• Upvote 1