Jets Sign Chris Hogan: Bitonti OWNED

T0mShane

He doesn't have a big history with being injury prone.   He is a route runner that gets into open areas and a high character guy that will be a good presence in the locker room.   Main point is that he is a perfect team player and will not complain about not getting the ball.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

We have no one else to pay! 
In all seriousness, if we had a roster of talented players I would tend to agree. 
We knew we were drafting an LT, lock in Conklin and we now have two bookends for our young QB. 

You make it as if Conklin doesnt has his issues.  You'll whine about Fant not playing well as a 2nd year player, learning and recovering from a. knee and forget Conklins struggles 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You make it as if Conklin doesnt has his issues.  You'll whine about Fant not playing well as a 2nd year player, learning and recovering from a. knee and forget Conklins struggles 

Conklin was one of the worst pass protectors in the NFL last year.  Yet knuckleheads wanted to sign him bc he was the big name. He didn't fit the makeup of the offensive line Gase and JD wanted to build which was about agility and good pass protection. But that doesn't matter to the haters. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is precisely the type is signing I would expect. 
32 year old journeyman that’s averaged less than 400 a year over his 7 years. Coming off his worst season as a pro. 

Worse yet, this is exactly type of response I would expect from you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s a solid signing. I like it.  But it is what it is, a solid vet and depth player. 
people around here are still holding out hope for a splashy signing/trade. 
It’s just not going to happen this year.  

It’s another rebuilding year - but I’m a bad guy for pointing out what’s obvious to everyone outside of JetNation. there isn’t a sincere attempt to field a truly competitive roster this year.  

That’s all I’ve been saying!

As I ask you every time you come up with one of these pointless complaints, who did you want signed that would make you get a baby chubby?  Dez?  AB?  Who?   

Love the idea that there are HOF type WRs itching to get signed and JD passed over them for a solid vet instead of the splashy signing/trade that you are holding out hope for.  Who is available to sign that fits that bill?  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Conklin was one of the worst pass protectors in the NFL last year.  Yet knuckleheads wanted to sign him bc he was the big name. He didn't fit the makeup of the offensive line Gase and JD wanted to build which was about agility and good pass protection. But that doesn't matter to the haters. 

Exactly.  He says all JD had to do was sign Conklin, as if he knows he wanted to come to NY, and then with Becton he would have bookends on the line like forever.  

For one, nothing about Conklin last season says thats true.  Secondly how did JD know in the first week of March that at the tail end of April he would be able to draft a LT?  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I‘ve listed then so many times.  I’m not doing it anymore. 

there were many things that could have been done in the OL, WR and defense. 

Exactly your answer when I asked who they should have signed to the OL over ALL the players they signed at LT, C, RT and RG?

Conklin, OK and the rest?

You keep saying you arent doing it anymore when you havent done it often, if ever.  

• Upvote 1

Surprised we didn't re-sign Demaryius Thomas but Hogan is a decent
option.  After playing in NE with Brady you know he'll be sound
in his assignments and reliable otherwise he would've never lasted
up there

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

Exactly this. I think the Jets had zero interest in this guy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Surprised we didn't re-sign Demaryius Thomas but Hogan is a decent
option.  After playing in NE with Brady you know he'll be sound
in his assignments and reliable otherwise he would've never lasted
up there

Hogan also has two Super Bowl rings with them, so there's that. 

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Well, he's 6'1" and runs a 4.5. 

There is that.

47 minutes ago, HessStation said:

“ran”

33 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Yes I too am 31 and I am not as fast as I was when I was 22. ?.

Being in your thirties is not a problem for speed.  Usain Bolt won the Olympic Gold Medal in both the 100m and 200m dash at age 30. ?

3 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Being in your thirties is not a problem for speed.  Usain Bolt won the Olympic Gold Medal in both the 100m and 200m dash at age 30. ?

Are we using Usain Bolt as the norm ?.

I didn't say you can't be fast in your thirties just that you are more likely than not slower than when you were 22.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Casting all the consternation and hand ringing aside.  Did anybody actually watch see Hogan perform recently?  I haven't seen him play for a couple of years since some playoff games with the Pats.  So I have no idea what he brings to the table.

He’s a mediocre receiver.  He couldn’t fill in for Julian Edelman when he tore his ACL a couple years ago and washed out with the patriots 

if Tom Brady can’t make you look good you probably suck

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He’s a mediocre receiver.  He couldn’t fill in for Julian Edelman when he tore his ACL a couple years ago and washed out with the patriots 

if Tom Brady can’t make you look good you probably suck

not that i like to say this but few receivers could fill in for edleman under any circumstances.  to me hogan is going have a role like thomas did last season.  he wasn't bad with the patsies and is athletic.

• Upvote 1